Status
Not open for further replies.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I ordered my Buzz Pro on Dec 1st. I don't have a note on exactly when it arrived, but Dec 5th is a good guess. The 4th was a Sunday, no delivery, and I think it came on Monday.

Today is the 20th, 15 days later, and it's dead. Well, it's almost dead. So it lasted about 2 weeks. That's not acceptable.

The button broke off. I've dropped it a couple of times, but that didn't seem to cause any damage and things were working fine. Today, I was driving and vaping. I sat it in the passenger seat. Picked it up later, and there was no button. The hole where the button goes shows a silver/metal something back behind it, but you can't reach that with your finger.

I was already on the way home when I found that, so I came home, and it didn't take long to realize that I can vape with it, if I use a paperclip to press the silver/metal piece behind where the button should be. That's not an acceptable solution.

This is a blue/blemished buzz pro, #398.

Wharf Rat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
Fresno, Ca
www.gratefulvaper.com
Baldr I don't know of a product ever made that perfect and invincible. What make's a product GREAT is the people who stand behind it. I can tell you with certainty that Mike and his crew are as good as it gets. If you e-mail him or go to the site and print out the RMA and send it in, they are able to turn it around same day 99% of the time. Hopefully that IS acceptable for you as I know it is for most of us.

BTW you've loved yours for 2 weeks, I loved mine for over a year and I'm sure you will too.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I love it when it's working. When I have to stop using it and mail it away, it's just a useless piece of metal, I'm out a bunch of cash, and I'm still vaping on an eGo just like before.

When it comes back, I'll be happy again, at least at first. But if it breaks that fast, having it for a couple of weeks a month, and shipped away the rest of the time, that's not going to make me a satisfied customer.

I was told that one of the advantages of the buzz pro was that he used buttons that had been developed for other purposes that were very well tested and rated at over 1 million presses. I vape a lot, but I haven't pressed that button a million times in two weeks.

I'll go to the website and fill out a whatever you called that. I didn't realize that posting here wouldn't count. I thought this was how you contacted him.

Ruppy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
WV
There was a batch where something went wrong putting the button in. They changed the way they are doing them now. Email mike and he can tell you what to do. Your best bet is probably to send it back in and let them fix it right. I realize that its frustrating. Like wharf said, Mike will make it right.

It is a easy fix and it will be back to you in no time.

sales[at]notcigs[dot]com

Ma'am

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
Florida
Don't know why or what happened with your button, baldr, but I completely understand your frustration. It sucks to have something like this happen, I've had it happen to me before but with another mod/vendor.

Difference in our situations is that Mike/Notcigs has one of the best, if not the best, customer service! Your Buzz will get repaired and the turn around time will be lightening fast. Notcigs will take care of you in a most professional manner with a personal touch too.......they really are great!

The RSM is a sheet that will need to be filled out and sent in with your Buzz, again that is the professional side of Notcigs.

We all talk about how dang tough our Buzzes are, and 99% of the time that is the truth but sometimes things happen, there is that 1% and I'm sorry it happened to you, truly I am.

Last edited:

Modrod.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA
Yup. Happened to my BP too. I think there were just some switches that had a defect in the rubber part of the switch. These are normally VERY good C & K switches (rated for a million cycles). They just let some funky ones get out, that's all. Mike had mine back to me in a week.
I had the same experience as Mist. All is well and working as intended since it was repaired couple months back.

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I'll mail it in. Probably not until after Christmas, though. Right now, the USPS is swamped, this being their busiest time of year. A trip there, and a trip back will take a week or so under the best possible case scenario. Sending it in the middle of Christmas rush will probably slow that down, and it increases the chances that it'll get lost in transit, in which case I'm screwed.

I realize that a lot of you guys have lots of mods and that doing without one of them for a week or 10 days wouldn't be a big deal - you would just use another one. I'll be stuck using an eGo. If I'd been satisfied with what the eGo did, I wouldn't have bought a VV setup.

Until after Christmas is done, I'll just keep a bunch of paperclips handy so that when I lose one, I can get another out of the box. If I use them to push whatever the button was supposed to push, it'll vape. It's just a pain, and it takes both hands to vape that way, but it still vapes. Then after Christmas, I'll mail it in to be fixed right.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Mine did the same thing and I fixed it with a piece of plastic. Been working good ever since. I just stuck it on with double back foam tape and it's been there ever since.

dsc02215oq.jpg
switchrepair.jpg
dsc02282bo.jpg

Last edited:

TexasT

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
East Texas
The wooden mod I made has been dropped and broke so many times it's held together with rubber bands. But it works great. I knocked one of the caps off and robbed one from an old MObo I had and soldered it back on but it works great. I'm on the second box for the PCB and it's time for a third one.

Its hard to hold on to things when you get old.

Just ask me.

TT

greencity

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2010
Calgary, AB, Canada
Man....Debbie Downer. Stuff happens Baldr. Deal with it. I bought a stereo from Best Buy last month, had to return it, but I didn't yell at the cashier because I had to listen to my cheap Ipod dock for a week while they waited for new stock. I just dealt with it. These guys are legit. Keep in mind too, that you're not talking about something made by Samsung or Apple. This is a relatively small operation. Just be thankful they're willing to do anything about it.

pnc81498

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2011
Central NJ
Durring holidays..... CA to NJ in 2 days..... Send it in i think usps trys harder durring this time of year throw 200 insurance on it and if it goes missing..
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Out for Delivery, December 23, 2011, 9:24 am, ELIZABETH, NJ 07208
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 21, 2011, 8:51 pm, GOLETA, CA

chrisohare71

Verified Member
Oct 10, 2011
Sedona, AZ
Durring holidays..... CA to NJ in 2 days..... Send it in i think usps trys harder durring this time of year throw 200 insurance on it and if it goes missing..
HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Out for Delivery, December 23, 2011, 9:24 am, ELIZABETH, NJ 07208
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 21, 2011, 8:51 pm, GOLETA, CA

Very True! I ordered attys on monday from Pennsylvania so I would have them before the new year thinking they would take twice as long. They showed up two days later, taking half as long as normal in a non holiday environment! Send it in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread