Wet Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcijohn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
NY
I've had my wetbox for 2 days now and it's performing great. The only thing I noticed is that I have to squeeze juice in the cartomizer about ever 4-5 drags because it starts to taste bad or lose flavor. Is this normal?
Which carto are you using? The one that came with it? If so yes that is a Boge at least thats what came with mine. I am now using 2.5ohms e2's and I sqeeze once every 5-10 puffs depending on how hard I hit it

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I've had my wetbox for 2 days now and it's performing great. The only thing I noticed is that I have to squeeze juice in the cartomizer about ever 4-5 drags because it starts to taste bad or lose flavor. Is this normal?

I prefill my carto before I put it on the wetbox. That takes about 20 drops to do and will last for about 40-50 double drags. I pull about 15 double drags between squeezes. Yes the flavor will slowly fade to almost nothing but the vapor plume is still huge. I don't rejuice until the vapor plume decreases cause there is still plenty of juice in the carto. If I squeezed every time the flavor went down or away, I would flood the crap out of it.

pcijohn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
NY
I prefill my carto before I put it on the wetbox. That takes about 20 drops to do and will last for about 40-50 double drags. I pull about 15 double drags between squeezes. Yes the flavor will slowly fade to almost nothing but the vapor plume is still huge. I don't rejuice until the vapor plume decreases cause there is still plenty of juice in the carto. If I squeezed every time the flavor went down or away, I would flood the crap out of it.
What cartos are you using?

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN

Amen, always fill your cartos first. Also make sure to have the Wetbox sideways when you squeeze, or the juice will likely run back down the needle.

JamBone

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Illinois
I just got mine today and have been vaping on ti for 8 hours or so now and I love it. It vapes like any 3.7 mod, but just like a lot of others, I to am turning into a carto fan. I had a mr. puffer but it got trampled on last week and now i have to say i am kind of happy it happened because I have a great and if not better replacement. This is def. going to be my main pv and am thinking about buying another. Oh and the button is perfect on this unit, they couldnt have picked a better button in my opnion!

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I just got mine today and have been vaping on ti for 8 hours or so now and I love it. It vapes like any 3.7 mod, but just like a lot of others, I to am turning into a carto fan. I had a mr. puffer but it got trampled on last week and now i have to say i am kind of happy it happened because I have a great and if not better replacement. This is def. going to be my main pv and am thinking about buying another. Oh and the button is perfect on this unit, they couldnt have picked a better button in my opnion!

If you take a few minutes and read up on the tips and tricks for the wetbox you will save yourself a lot of headaches down the road with leaks, broken switch, etc.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Just got my wetbox in the mail today!!! Mine does have the new switch re-design. You can tell this by what button color your switch is. White = switch redesign. I am only 3 hours into this new little gem, but so far I really really like it! It does everything I expected it to do and more. I love the vapor I am getting with it.

Even though I do have the redesigned model, I still did a pre-emptive strike and made a paper towel guard around the top of the bottle by the needle. I figure better safe than sorry. And I do prefill my cartos before using them on the wetbox so I am not running the risk of flooding it to prime a new, dry carto.

I will let you all know how it works after a week of use. So far I am very happy with it!!!

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
I ordered a second one yesterday as a backup. Getting ready to do some travel. I really wanted to upgrade to a RIO but dont have the time to wait for them to get in stock. Thats ok though, I like my wetbox. One observation i did notice today though that I haven't seen mentioned before... I didnt have time to fill a bottle this morning before work so I left the bottle out and just grabed a bottle of juice to top off the carto as needed. I had put a new carto on it last night so I knew it would last the day. All day long I'm feeling a lot more air flow when I drag and hardly getting any vapor or throat hit. Even with double drags I wasnt getting much. I was starting to think it was a bad carto. When I got home I put an empty bottle with needle in the box to see if that changed anything. Presto, it was back to normal. I guess lessoned learned is that without the needle in the carto, it lets too much air in.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Thanks for sharing that bones! All of the suggestions here have been great. It is nice to know what issues others have had so I can *try* to prevent them with mine. I am really over-protective of my vaping gear, so I don't want anything bad to happen to my new little wetbox!

And not to be a perv or anything, but my husband giggles everytime I mention my wetbox........ lol

ACM

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
Just got my wetbox in the mail today!!! Mine does have the new switch re-design. You can tell this by what button color your switch is. White = switch redesign.

I bought mine about six weeks ago, or so, and it came with the old switch. I hope they'll replace it with a new one if it ever dies on me. But I am days away from an Ali'i, so I think the Wetbox will be retired for awhile.

NICnurse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2010
Kansas City, MO
I am excited to hear your thoughts on the Ali'i!! I, too, hope they will replace your switch if needed. Given that the problem was bad enough to redesign and go with a different switch, I think they should honor a replacement for people with the old switch.

I am on day 2, heavy vaping, with the wetbox. So far, so good! No leaks, no problems. In fact, I have used the same battery all day (12 hours so far). Also, I have only gone through about 1.5-2mL of juice. I was using nearly 10mL per day when I was condom filling cartos. It was nice to not have to refill my carto a zillion times today. Definitely enjoying the convenience of the wetbox. I am 99.999999% sure I am a total mod user from this point on. I feel like I have evolved! lol

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I too have never been a cartomizer user. Ever since LR atty's came out, I made an internal promise to never use a regular atty again. I was using a 900mah eGo kit, with drip tip and LR atty and life was good. At at that point I realized I did not want to drip constantly since LR's burn liquid like there is no tomorrow. So I purchased the wetbox, and while it looks great on paper, the application itself is not too good. Don't get me wrong, it's a great little mod, but like some others have mentioned, you can build the same thing yourself, with little DIY experience for about 10 bucks. There is no need to buy extras since once you learn how to make 1, you can make 4 after you've learned to make 1.

The first time i tried the wetbox I used it with the regular cartomizer that came with it and hated it. The vapor was there, but i was so used to LR attys', that regular cartomizer tasted like nothing! I mean, i know the liquid was in there, but i was so used to heavy/hot vaping from LR that it didnt even compare. What i did was fill the cartomizer first, and I was planning on using it until it's dry, then try the drip feature and see how many drags i can take after hitting the bottle 3 times...but I didnt get that far because I felt like i was vaping air and nothing else. I ordered LR cartomizers from clouds of vapor (1.8ohm), so I'm hoping they will work better than the regular cartomizers....because they suck totally. 1.5 ohm is actually too strong and burns juice too face, so i'm looking forward to seeing how 1.8 ohm will work.

I'm also looking into this , this seems like the only thing i would ever need. since all I'm really trying to do is avoid dripping constantly.

JF4.jpg

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
btw, do you guys fill your cartomizers to the max first, then vape, and then use the drip method when the taste goes away? Or do you just put a blank carto on there, and pump 5-6 times at first, and then hit the bottle every 10 drags? I guess if you're in a hurry you can just pop a blank one on there and pump it to get it going, but if you're home and have time, i would prefer to fill the cartomizer first, then drip as necessary

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
btw, do you guys fill your cartomizers to the max first, then vape, and then use the drip method when the taste goes away? Or do you just put a blank carto on there, and pump 5-6 times at first, and then hit the bottle every 10 drags? I guess if you're in a hurry you can just pop a blank one on there and pump it to get it going, but if you're home and have time, i would prefer to fill the cartomizer first, then drip as necessary

... that is what is supposed to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread