Status
Not open for further replies.

Larzis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Cedar Park, TX
No spring on Nemesis? I could have sworn I saw one in a pic, and it looked a bit flimsy. I could me/may be/probably am totally wrong, but in some pics and a vid the button looked... I don't know almost sharp on the edges.

Besides I am not up for an F5 war at 2AM my time :p I will have the Astro next month with a couple of DocDave attys, and my Provari and iHy now. Somehow, I will try to survive :p

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
No spring on Nemesis? I could have sworn I saw one in a pic, and it looked a bit flimsy. I could me/may be/probably am totally wrong, but in some pics and a vid the button looked... I don't know almost sharp on the edges.

Besides I am not up for an F5 war at 2AM my time :p I will have the Astro next month with a couple of DocDave attys, and my Provari and iHy now. Somehow, I will try to survive :p

Ah, sorry I should've been more clearer. There is a spring in the switch but not one you usually see on the negative post on the battery. Congrats on the Astro. Rest well when you do ^^

Martini

Jul 14, 2011
New Jersey
I prefer silver plated since silver is the most conductive metal. Every night when I put away the poldiacs, I just wipe the contacts quickly with a cloth specifically made for silver plated jewelry, seems to be working fine. Once a month it goes in it's jacuzzi hehe (the ultrasonic bath).

Hello.

I'm new to the whole mechanical mod thing, besides a Reo, and have a Poldiac coming later this month. When you say you wipe the contacts down, do you disassemble them daily? Just checking as I wish to know proper handling and care for the device.

My apologies if off-topic; I just figure it's applicable to all mechanicals. Cleaning the Reo has always been easy - literally can be washed in a sink and other than that maintained with alcohol and noalox.

Thanks!

tenshi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
United States
Hello.

I'm new to the whole mechanical mod thing, besides a Reo, and have a Poldiac coming later this month. When you say you wipe the contacts down, do you disassemble them daily? Just checking as I wish to know proper handling and care for the device.

My apologies if off-topic; I just figure it's applicable to all mechanicals. Cleaning the Reo has always been easy - literally can be washed in a sink and other than that maintained with alcohol and noalox.

Thanks!

I just take the battery out and wipe the contacts with the cloth made specifically for silver plating, then give it a quick wipe on the body with another cloth made for brass since I have the brass pants. Congrats on your Poldiac ^^

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
This is such a subjective question. I've had a few and sold most, it comes down to what works for you best out of the quality line up. If you chop off anything priced under a legacy, there aren't really any bad mech's at $100 and over. So whatever has the look, price, button location or specific feature you look is tops for you.

Railrust

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Its funny all this talk about high end devices and my cheepest setup is working the best. My Aga and a Natural.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365525944262.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365525944262.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 79

Telescope Neil

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
Eh, Silver is for sure nice but Brass does very well.
I just had to say this, but please think again. Silver is so much more conductive than brass, if you have tried a mech with REAL silver +/- contacts, you will absolutely feel the difference. As a point of reference, brass is 33% less conductive than silver.

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
while Silver is at the top of the list... how much of a difference would it ACTUALLY make, if the rest of the mod is made of materials like Stainless Steel.

isn't a circuit only as efficient as its weakest link?

Not trying to be a SmartA**, just genuinely curious if this has actually been looked into.

If we took two identical SS mods, and had one with pure brass contacts, and had the other with Pure silver contacts.
How much of a performance gain would we actually get? And are those gains worth the cost of such precious metals...

eddiezheadiez

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2013
Boston
while Silver is at the top of the list... how much of a difference would it ACTUALLY make, if the rest of the mod is made of materials like Stainless Steel.

isn't a circuit only as efficient as its weakest link?

Not trying to be a SmartA**, just genuinely curious if this has actually been looked into.

If we took two identical SS mods, and had one with pure brass contacts, and had the other with Pure silver contacts.
How much of a performance gain would we actually get? And are those gains worth the cost of such precious metals...

Well there's a lot more stainless steel for the current to move thru. Also I got silver pins with my curves mod for an extra 13 bucks I think so its not THAT expensive...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
cant remember the list of most conductive... brass is up there, and silver is right near the top... but again, it tarnishes/oxidzes so easliy. When you are running SLR (sub 1.0 Ohms) and IMR hi drain batts, it all counts...
Rhodium is said to be the best plating over the best contact material... it doesn't oxidize and takes very little to clean... Rhodium is cool because it has like zero resistance.

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
cant remember the list of most conductive... brass is up there, and silver is right near the top... but again, it tarnishes/oxidzes so easliy. When you are running SLR (sub 1.0 Ohms) and IMR hi drain batts, it all counts... Rhodium is said to be the best plating over the best contact material... it doesn't oxidize and takes very little to clean... Rhodium is cool because it has like zero resistance.
Actually Rhodium is a rather poor conductor compared to other metals. The reason Super-T uses it is because it's fairly tough and it doesn't oxidize... Not because its conductivity.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Last edited:

jasl90

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I didnt say it conducts... i said it has virtually zero resistance meaning it doesn't interfere with the conductivity... Super T plates it over gold over brass i think... see the reason?http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/super-t-manufacturing/231517-why-rhodium-facts.html
Not disputing what #8 at all... I'd agree that it's not adding any appreciable resistance due to the fact that it's fairly thin layer...But that's not what you said... You said...
Rhodium is cool because it has like zero resistance.
and that particular statement is not true. There is noting, not even copper or silver, that has "zero resistance"... Possible exception being super conductors at near zero kelvin temperatures.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
whether i said "like zero" or what i replaced it with "virtually no resistance" in this case is irrelevant imo unless you though i was saying that rhodium would be the contact material by itself, then you would have a point.

what i said was "Rhodium is said to be the best plating over the best contact material... it doesn't oxidize and takes very little to clean... Rhodium is cool because it has like zero resistance."

what i meant was that you get a good vape a good hit every time for so much longer without having to worry about tarnishing...

Telescope Neil

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Quezon City, Philippines
There is a big difference with two mods with brass and silver contacts. Even with copper, you could already feel the mod hitting really harder, you just have to try it. The only downside of copper is it frequently needs to be cleaned, and could tarnish overtime. Silver won't really break down unless it's 100% silver because that's really fragile. most silver used as +/- leads are usually 92.5% pure to prevent tarnishing, but it's still very conductive like hell. Idk about silver plating though, but it would probably give more conductivity than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread