What are you Obsessive/Compulsive about in Vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
I make a large batch of new juice, (same recipe for two years) whenever half of my last batch is used up. It makes me nervous to only have 120ml ready to go. :cry:
I am ocd about that too. I usually use tobacco in sub ohm devices and go through a lot of juice. I like to steep for 2 months so i make a new batch when I get down to 500ml.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm a little obsessive about battery safety like, in the summers here I get scared to leave a mod in a car because I think it will blow up. I don't like leaving things on chargers.

But, it's more than that, when someone is all going on about doing something stupid with a mech I (probably) should just excuse myself politely from the thread, it's probably best for everyone. But I always think "What if I am sitting on a bus stop next to that person." (mind you times I have used a bus since college, 0 times and I'm 43) "and it vents all over MEEEEE!!!" Also, I just think it looks bad for vaping generally.

So I get over emotive and I am fairly sure that in MOST cases, it doesn't stop the behavior. LOL.

Sigh.

Anna

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I am ocd about that too. I usually use tobacco in sub ohm devices and go through a lot of juice. I like to steep for 2 months so i make a new batch when I get down to 500ml.
2 months? I made my nic base 15 days ago and I'm already mixing in the flavors. Fruits are generally good to go in just 10 days...

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I can't really give an accurate answer because I haven't updated my vape spreadsheets in about two weeks. Now I'm getting all anxious about it. I think I'll go update them now.
Odd, listening to music yesterday, and I thought of you, Eskie. Don't get the wrong idea, though. o_O
It was Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here. Your avatar has always reminded me of it. One of my favorite all time albums. Got it the same year I got my first set of headphones for Christmas.
upload_2019-1-19_16-56-3.png

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
2 months? I made my nic base 15 days ago and I'm already mixing in the flavors. Fruits are generally good to go in just 10 days...
Tobacco juice is an exercise in patience. It's worth it in the end. Waiting for my Boba's Bounty to be ready after not having it in forever almost drove me insane.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Odd, listening to music yesterday, and I thought of you, Eskie. Don't get the wrong idea, though. o_O
It was Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here. Your avatar has always reminded me of it. One of my favorite all time albums. Got it the same year I got my first set of headphones for Christmas.
View attachment 793111

I can't complain about that kind of company. Pink Floyd stood up well to the test of time. Wish I could say the same about me.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
View attachment 793111

Pink Floyd and headphones, it doesn’t get any better than that :thumb:

(I always think the same thing when I see Eskies avatar)

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Pink Floyd and headphones, it doesn’t get any better than that :thumb:

(I always think the same thing when I see Eskies avatar)
Got that right! No two gifts ever went better together. Love your avatar mod, and they were my absolute faves. Older brother gave me an Aerosmith album before anyone had heard of them- before Get Your Wings, and fell in love with them. Had everything they recorded and played it to death. Actually, they were my first concert: Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, and Jeff Beck. Pretty large bill. Omni, ATL 1975. $5.50 general admission ticket.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Got that right! No two gifts ever went better together. Love your avatar mod, and they were my absolute faves. Older brother gave me an Aerosmith album before anyone had heard of them- before Get Your Wings, and fell in love with them. Had everything they recorded and played it to death. Actually, they were my first concert: Aerosmith, Rod Stewart, and Jeff Beck. Pretty large bill. Omni, ATL 1975. $5.50 general admission ticket.

I cut my rock and roll teeth on Toys in the Attic :thumb:

$5.50 tickets, oh for those days again.

MKBarca

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
Northern Ireland
Leaving the house with less than 10mls in a juice bottle to do me for the day. I wouldn’t vape anymore than 5mls a day but still, it creates panic (what if the car breaks down, what if we get stranded etc etc).

And battery life. I mainly vape a Dani Box, which displays voltage of the battery rather than a visual image. Once that thing reads 3.7 or less it causes panic and uncertainty.

Ridiculous I know but we all have our quirky ways.

Oh and spares of spares. For tanks that is. I mean what good is ONE bag of o-rings if you actually have to use them. Then you know longer have them. So it is imperative to have at least one more spares bag that will likely never ever be used but it helps me sleep at night.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Amen to that! So what is your avatar? Where did it come from?

Funny story, I hate avatars online and avoid them when possible. A member here who's no longer around (tried the @ thing, really is gone) was discussing my lack of one and insisted on making it for me. The weird thing is he didn't know about my interests in surrealist and contemporary art but came up with the perfect avatar. I've been using it ever since whenever an avatar is needed.

Magritte?

Yup. But the design and execution was done by a member who drifted away from this forum. As I said, I have no idea if he knew my interests but he nailed it. So all creative credit goes to him for putting it together. Nice guy. He was the one who came up with a radiator coil shape here a few years back. He still has some YT tutorials on it under HillbillyEngineerin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread