Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Charlotte Nc
For me it was the need to quit smoking and having a real hard time keeping off the smokes.
nothing seamed to help much .
the patches didn't stay on the pills made me mean and stressed .
I was thinking that its only a little cash to toss away so I gave it a try Thank god !!!
its worked for me.
I hope the goverment doesn't mess it up for all of us trying to make money off of vaping ??
they are working hard to find a way to tax it as high as they can to make up for all the smokers that are switching
In my state there's over $3.00 of tax just in state tax they are upset that they are not making as much as when it was just $0.75

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    The inability to take a deep breath without coughing up a lung made me decide to try something different. 50+ years of smoking kinda does that to a guy.

But you bring up a good point, I fear state taxes even more than federal. Utah loves to tax things. That way the "good folks" don't pay much. We'll probably end up needing to drive to Idaho to get vape supplies along with our lottery tickets.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    I've tried everything from patches to gum to Zyban to Chantix (I had the best success with the Chantix, but my prescription plan only paid for one month of pills) to cheap gas station e-cigs over the years.

The E-cigs worked the second-best, because I still had the cigarette craving and being able to puff helped, but they also got me frustrated because the darn things had nothing but problems (batteries that quit charging after a week, cartridges that were bad right out of the box, and on and on) so I pretty much went back to smoking, quitting here and there with gum and patches.

I was browsing YouTube and saw a video on Vaping (that I'd never heard of up until that point) that led me to this forum. I lurked the forum for a while, and watched more videos on YouTube, and saw a LOT more success stories.

Finally, some time in mid-August I placed an order for my first rig, and a handful of juices, and here I am today!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 5, 2013
    My old man brought home a Smart (tm) e-cig that a friend of his got for him at the local flea market. It sucked, but when I was vaping on it I didn't feel the need to smoke. Okay, it got juice in my mouth, (yuck, ptui!) and I could vape on it for two hours before I had to charge it for 3 hours. So it sucked.

I knew there had to be a better way, so I went back the the flea market, and found a guy in a booth with something better. He was selling eGo tanks and stick batteries. I tried that for a while, and was happy for a couple weeks, but then found a B&M vape store nearby, got a Kanger Protank and a 1300 Vision spinner, then another spinner, then lots of coil heads, started rebuilding the coils, then thought I needed a Vamo.

I ordered one, then while at the vape store I saw a Sigelei 24 mech that I just had to have, bought it, cancelled my order for the Vamo, and started vaping my Protank on that. I got tired of the coil thing with the Protank, and ordered an RBA, an AGA-T2, and have been happy ever since. I might get a second RBA and more mechs, but the mech-RBA thing is where I needed to be, and I'm happy with it.

timk

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 22, 2013
    Yakima, WA, USA
    I couldn't breathe, was always sick, I smelled bad, wife hates smoking with a passion, and my two beautiful twin toddlers deserve to have their dad for as long as possible.

I tried cold turkey and quit for a couple weeks. Tried the patches and they also worked for a while. Then the lozenges and same result. I always went back to smoking. At 17 I started smoking cigarettes and smoked them off and on until I was 30 or so. Then I had the brilliant idea to smoke cigars, the expensive ones. LOL That was a fail and ended smoking Grape Swisher sweets of all things. Vaping has been the only thing I have tried where I do not want to grab a lighter and fire up a nasty analog and that happened within days after starting.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, in Washington state a pack of cigs is $8. Not sure how much of that is tax, but it's insane how much poison costs!

Last edited:

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2013
    Bradenton, Florida, United States
    Wheezing every morning or night in bed, coughing in my sleep and second and third hand smoke pretty much being prohibited around my other half with his health issues. Also, dad might need a kidney and if I can give him one, I'll need to be healthy myself.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    Wheezing every morning or night in bed, coughing in my sleep and second and third hand smoke pretty much being prohibited around my other half with his health issues. Also, dad might need a kidney and if I can give him one, I'll need to be healthy myself.

good luck with the kidney transplant! I hope it helps your dad,,,,,,I gave my sister one in 1998, and it's the only thing that made me quit smoking for any length of time until I found e-cigs! the surgery is so much easier than it used to be for the donor, so I hope yours is as easy as possible!

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 22, 2012
    Plant City, FL
    I admire all y'all who said you quit due to health reasons,,,,,,

me, not so much, although improved health is a plus,,,,,

I quit because it GOT TOO EXPENSIVE. plain and simple.

I was spending 75.00 a week on cigarettes.

I guess I really should thank the Government for making them so darned expensive (cough cough),,,,,,it's what made me quit.

girlsdrivetoo

ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2013
    Truckin' across America
    In March, I got a brand new 2014 Kenworth T680 that I intend to purchase when my lease is up. I dont want my truck and me reeking all the time. So I switched to Blu e-cigs but just wasn't satisfied. Hubby was buying me a disposaBlu when the guy in the gas station told him about eGo batteries and tanks. The rest is history!

dianeofarcadia

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 9, 2013
    Holly, Michigan
    Having been wanting to quit because I was tired of the $5.50 daily ball and chain along with the fact my health was going down hill. My boys have been a huge supporter of vaping for the last year, always sporting their newest mods and putting up with me saying they looked like little atomic bombs.
    I dropped a chunk of change last year on the blu system but that didn't cut it, however it did let me vap as I like without coughing up a lung, one of the boys started teaching me about the PG/VG, it was a last minute minute decision one day to grab a battery (or four) and tank setups, it seemed to have worked.
    Now while I am still using a lower end battery I picked up several kanger t3s tanks and it has been a blessing to be smoke-free in just this short time, I already feel the difference.
    The funniest part now, is my cheap setup (graphically redesigned/modded) is larger than theirs, so they are harping on me. :laugh:
    I too, hope the government doesn't mess this up for those who are finding benefit from this.

Harlen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 14, 2013
    Charlotte Nc
    In March, I got a brand new 2014 Kenworth T680 that I intend to purchase when my lease is up. I dont want my truck and me reeking all the time. So I switched to Blu e-cigs but just wasn't satisfied. Hubby was buying me a disposaBlu when the guy in the gas station told him about eGo batteries and tanks. The rest is history!

Got to love them ego's
    I know I do

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2013
    Colorado

Wishing you and your father the best! :)

echofinder

ECF Veteran
    Jan 8, 2012
    Damascus, MD
    www.reddit.com
    My buddy got really into vaping in Fall 2011 - I tried his eGo with french toast and was instantly on board. It wasn't hard to get me to try it, but getting me to actually convert was slightly trickier. My favorite thing about smoking was the throat hit - I had actually tried a disposable or 2 already, but they just felt like inhaling air. When Kev's eGo whomped me with a hit even more intense than marb reds I knew it was time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread