Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyreffect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
NC, USA
myworld.ebay.com
My father has wanted to see me kick the habit for years. I've tried the patch once before but that didn't last more than a week. He saw one of his co-workers using an e-cig and asked him about it, then passed the info to me and said it helped his buddy to quit for over a month at that time. So I decided to give it a shot, started with V2 then moved on to ego and so forth. I give credit to my dad for getting me started on them, because up til that point I didn't believe in them. By am I a believer now!

Haps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Canada
Some people at work had them. But I kind of thought they were a gimmick.

It wasn't until a co-worker that I trust was telling me about he tried one out and was gonna get one that I developed an interest. He was gonna buy an evod kit from someone for $85 dollars. I told him I wanted one and figured if I could at least use it for 8 days it would pay for itself($10 a pack up here).

But then that night I started doing some research and ended up ordering an eRoll and off I went.

GypsySyx

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Atlanta, GA
My lungs immediately and rapidly went into a fast downward spiral when they added the neoprene or ethylene vinyl acetate copolymer emulsion or whatever the hell they added for the fire "safe" cigarettes (FSCs). I felt it and tasted it and smelled that it was even more foul. But it still took me a few years to run into the vaping alternative, which turned all of that around.

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
On July 29th I was down to my last analog....I'd tried the gum, patches and pills....NADA!! Couldn't quit the "stinkies"!!!:(
So.....on an impulse I asked about e-cigs at the local convenience store...the Blu Starter Kit was "marked down" by 50% (read: they weren't selling!!!;)) so I gave in....
Long story short....That did it!! Now, the Blu won't win Brownie points for loads of vapor, long battery life and 1000's of flavors....
BUT....it HAS ushered a LOT of folks like me into the Vaping World...and I haven't had - or WANTED - an analog since July 29th!!:D
My Blu still serves me well when I'm looking for a quick "fix" (I use blank carts with my own juice now!!:))....but my eGo-C Twists and Protank 2's are my everyday equipment.....and I'm quite content with my current "state of affairs", thank you!!
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
My doctor.

Who followed the standard of practice and waited until I aksed about electronic cigs. He told me that he could not specifically recommend them to me because they are not an FDA approved therapy, but that if I was serious about quitting, I should consider trying them.

He then went into a five minute dissertation of what was known about them, what was unknown about them, and what the potential risks were. This he said, he was doing in the interests of helping a patient make an informed decision on his own initiative.

VanClan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Saskatchewan
A coworker told me about vaping. It very much appealed to me for several reasons:

Would help quit smoking
Cheaper than smoking (after the initial output)
Sounded like fun
I'm a tech geek so any sort of gadget is AWESOME!

For about the first 6 weeks I continued to smoke and vape. I gradually decreased my smoking and increased my vaping. I haven't had a smoke for 6 days now and I don't miss them.

Love vaping!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
For about the first 6 weeks I continued to smoke and vape. I gradually decreased my smoking and increased my vaping. I haven't had a smoke for 6 days now and I don't miss them. Love vaping!

I did the same thing for about 4-6 weeks. That morning cig was the hardest one to give up, but eventually I conquered that demon, too.

starwatching

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2011
Canton, OH
About a year ago, I met a really nice guy. Only problem was, he smokes. I had quit, tried vaping many years ago, and the equipment left a lot to be desired. I looked on the internet and found ECF again, and they had these new things out called clearomizers. I found my old eGo batteries from a few years ago, bought a clearomizer, and loved it ever since. I only vape 6mg, so eventually, I will quit again. It was enough to take the edge off and kept me away from the analogs.

Kristin0624

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2013
Bradenton, Florida, United States
good luck with the kidney transplant! I hope it helps your dad,,,,,,I gave my sister one in 1998, and it's the only thing that made me quit smoking for any length of time until I found e-cigs! the surgery is so much easier than it used to be for the donor, so I hope yours is as easy as possible!

Thank you. Right now we're just hoping he can get one. He has polycystic kidney disorder, so more testing is needed to see if the new kidney would just have the same issues. He's right at 20% function right now so the ball is rolling. Then, I'm adopted, so we've gotta see how things match up. My mom is diabetic so can't even try, and my brother is their natural child, so a chance of him getting the same disease, so crossing our fingers on me right now.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread