The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

What do you do to your ODY when you change flavors (juice)

Discussion in 'The GG' started by SAX, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. SAX

SAX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I have been using the same juice since I made my first coil. ( I know i was lucky) but I want to change it up a bit and try some thing different. what do you do when you change your flavor?

Thanks,
    Gary

2. Zoranth

Zoranth Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Jul 5, 2010
    Baldwin, MI. USA
    I usually put it in my second Oddy, other than that I have no idea ;)

However, I usually do not change flavors until after the current Wick\Wire gets worn out and both of mine are still on their first coils.

3. keighles

keighles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2011
    Maryland
    I take mine apart down to the base, leaving the ceramic, wick, and wire still intact. rinse with warm water. Dry it off real well with a paper towel. Dry burn the wick, (holding the button down about 15-20 seconds at a time) until the coil looks clean. make sure everything is dry,reassemble and vape.

4. wreimer

wreimer Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 11, 2011
    Calgary, Alberta
    beat me to it! that's exactly what I was going to suggest. If you rinse the coil off well with hot water, then dry burn it, you should be able to get all of the previous juice off/out of the wick. The only time I could see you having a problem eliminating the previous juice is if you've been vaping atomic cinnacide, cough drop, or something like that with a syrupy texture and strong flavor. Then, a new coil is likely in order

5. Torqueguy

Torqueguy Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline ECF Veteran

May 14, 2011
    Central Virginia
    Sax, thats it right there. The wick washes pretty clean with just water. The new juice will overpower the old juice right away

6. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Yep, tear it down and rinse is all you really need (I've put probably 10 different juices through mine between only 5 coil setups). Dry burn if the coil is a little gunky. Careful, though, when I dry burned my first coil setup it popped right at the join with the NR wire . . . only happened that one time, though, so it may have just been my rookie Ody skills ;-)

7. SAX

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Thanks all I will give it a try. I really thought that my first coil would not last....who would of thought :)

I was using a carto today............man were they really that bad?....I am spoiled

8. NandyDC

NandyDC Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 25, 2009
    San Juan, PR
    Wow maybe Im alone on this but I just put the new flavor and ready to go. In almost three years of vaping I never wash the atty or cartridges. Some times the mixes are great some times not. But after a while the old flavors is gone. With the iAtty and Ody just the same until a change of wick is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. rwechsler

rwechsler Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 2, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    As long as you're switching to a mildly similar flavor (kiwi to watermelon, burly tobacco to flue cured, vanilla to caramel, ect...), you can just vape or remove the original juice, tighten the juice control, vape the coil dry, and fill her up with the new juice!

10. The Yeti

The Yeti Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 19, 2009
    Black Hills, SD
    This is what I do.

11. SAX

Sep 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    Worked like a champ....thanks and I was going back to tobacco from Cinnamon...worst case I am sure. but it turned out great :) thanks to all! :toast:

12. Major

Major Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    Panama City, Florida
    I have only done 1 juice change on the same coil so far but the warm ater wash/flush and dry burn worked a treat for me. Glad to see you got it sorted! :)

13. Stownz

Stownz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 29, 2010
    Guthrie, OK
    I'm still on my first coil and wick after around 1000 ml through this thing, lol. I just dry burn the coil till clean between every tank. I was changing Iatty coils about every week though, but didnt change flavors because the plastic soaks up flavoring and mixes it with new stuff. Ody doesn't have that problem though.

14. Shaitaan

Shaitaan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Syracuse, NY
    same...but if it's something completely different, like swapping atomic fireball out with ry4 as an example, I'll rinse it in hot water or soak it in vodka overnite then rinse and dryburn before the change-up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.