What do you do to your ODY when you change flavors (juice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreimer

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Calgary, Alberta
beat me to it! that's exactly what I was going to suggest. If you rinse the coil off well with hot water, then dry burn it, you should be able to get all of the previous juice off/out of the wick. The only time I could see you having a problem eliminating the previous juice is if you've been vaping atomic cinnacide, cough drop, or something like that with a syrupy texture and strong flavor. Then, a new coil is likely in order

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
I take mine apart down to the base, leaving the ceramic, wick, and wire still intact. rinse with warm water. Dry it off real well with a paper towel. Dry burn the wick, (holding the button down about 15-20 seconds at a time) until the coil looks clean. make sure everything is dry,reassemble and vape.
Sax, thats it right there. The wick washes pretty clean with just water. The new juice will overpower the old juice right away

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yep, tear it down and rinse is all you really need (I've put probably 10 different juices through mine between only 5 coil setups). Dry burn if the coil is a little gunky. Careful, though, when I dry burned my first coil setup it popped right at the join with the NR wire . . . only happened that one time, though, so it may have just been my rookie Ody skills ;-)

NandyDC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2009
San Juan, PR
Wow maybe Im alone on this but I just put the new flavor and ready to go. In almost three years of vaping I never wash the atty or cartridges. Some times the mixes are great some times not. But after a while the old flavors is gone. With the iAtty and Ody just the same until a change of wick is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rwechsler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Wow maybe Im alone on this but I just put the new flavor and ready to go. In almost three years of vaping I never wash the atty or cartridges. Some times the mixes are great some times not. But after a while the old flavors is gone. With the iAtty and Ody just the same until a change of wick is required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you're switching to a mildly similar flavor (kiwi to watermelon, burly tobacco to flue cured, vanilla to caramel, ect...), you can just vape or remove the original juice, tighten the juice control, vape the coil dry, and fill her up with the new juice!

The Yeti

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2009
Black Hills, SD
As long as you're switching to a mildly similar flavor (kiwi to watermelon, burly tobacco to flue cured, vanilla to caramel, ect...), you can just vape or remove the original juice, tighten the juice control, vape the coil dry, and fill her up with the new juice!

This is what I do.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
I'm still on my first coil and wick after around 1000 ml through this thing, lol. I just dry burn the coil till clean between every tank. I was changing Iatty coils about every week though, but didnt change flavors because the plastic soaks up flavoring and mixes it with new stuff. Ody doesn't have that problem though.

Shaitaan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2011
Syracuse, NY

same...but if it's something completely different, like swapping atomic fireball out with ry4 as an example, I'll rinse it in hot water or soak it in vodka overnite then rinse and dryburn before the change-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread