Not open for further replies.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Thanks.

I've uploaded about 10 copies of that picture to my Photobucket. For some reason, ECF's software insists it be BIG.

I have terrace. That means the person above me does too and the floor of hers/ceiling of mine does a good job of keeping sunlight out of my apartment (aka "I live in a cave.") Okay, a little light gets in but there's about 5.5 feet of wall unit from the window to my computer table and I'm keeping these of the far side of that so they're over 7 feet from the window.

The big bottles are in the video cabinet (which is dark.) These I keep out. It's what I'm planning to vape in the immediate future. The ones with the blue caps are nicotine-free so they can take a little more light anyway. Although, now that you mention it, it might be a good idea to fill the ones with nicotine about half-way. (Opaque bottles would be another solution but I like being able to see how full they are.)

If I try to put them away (in a dark place), the mess will start all over. I'll decide to change flavors and pull out a different carto. When I need to refill it, I'll go to the stash and get the bottle. When I get back to my chair I'll realize I forgot to put the old bottle away. I'll swear but be too lazy to get up and do it and the whole thing will start all over.

The other nice thing is that, unlike some of my past "solutions," this was cheap. They're normally $4 but were on sale for $3.49 each. I bought 4. One of them currently has tweezers, Q-Tips, drip tips, etc. I don't know about the last one yet.

Last edited:

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
They're cute. I know what you mean about them aways being full. Sometimes I swear my collection grows while I sleep (but never the good stuff, just the messy stuff). Either that or it crawls around so that it covers every available surface.

So far the little bins seem to be working for me. A week and a half and everything in the living room is staying contained (except the battery chargers) and the rest of the stuff is either in the vaping cupboard (where it belongs) or in the kitchen waiting to be washed (don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen.)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
If anyone is looking for a good price for a wine fridge, this open box EdgeStar 21 is going for $140 less than on Overstock.com. Both the fridge and the website seem to have good reviews but I don't have any personal experience with either.

ETA: They seem to have a sale going on (which probably wouldn't affect open box items.) The rest of the time they have coupon codes that you can find easily.

illuxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
this is an old pic, but you get the idea. It sits on top of my safe in my closet to keep out sight of the rugrat as well as keep it cool and dark. It's a cheap master lockbox. Since that pic, the SD box has been removed and there's about 10 more TV juices in it, and a crapload of little blue bottles, a few 30ml for my 100mg juice, and 2dram(about 7.5ml) for my mixing and carrying. :D I keep little a few 2dram droppers of my vapes for the day in my laptop bag(little acer netbook).

IMG_7783.jpg

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
WOW, that's a lot of juice. Yeah, I think we'll be investing in the wine refrigerator to make SURE the pure nicotine at least is being stored at its optimal temperature. We run through the stuff so fast we generally keep it in a 1/2 size refrigerator. But the wine fridge will be on the way soon.

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
It was 81 degrees this morning at 6:45am, my TV juice was stored over the winter in a storage place(moving) for months on end .Today its 90 and my house is no lower than 80 year round.Have heard the put your juice in the frig or leave it in a cool dry place( I have none). What is the best option of you know your house is never going to be lower than 8o?I have had TV juice for over 10 months and it seems good to go.In a perfect world this would not be a concern, guidence is needed.My thoughts are order during Thanksgiving and stop ordreing after Easter.Any thoughts.

PS: love the juice

potholerepairman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2009
Here's a small part of my stock I have two more cases like the one in the picture of just juice too and a bunch more mods. I take the juice cases and store them in a big Box of rice and in a craw space where its dark and dry, the rice keeps everything Dry as can be

thanks, remember the rice trick but had no idea it translated to e-juice.I get cold when it gets below 79 in my house .

IndustrialAction

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2010
Northern VA
Here's a small part of my stock I have two more cases like the one in the picture of just juice too and a bunch more mods. I take the juice cases and store them in a big Box of rice and in a craw space where its dark and dry, the rice keeps everything Dry as can be

OMG, that is one HELL of a collection! I'm afraid of that happening to me, haha. I've promised myself no more batteries for a while except for ONE VV mod. I have no idea where I'm going to get it from though. If you're selling any, let me know!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
It was 81 degrees this morning at 6:45am, my TV juice was stored over the winter in a storage place(moving) for months on end .Today its 90 and my house is no lower than 80 year round.Have heard the put your juice in the frig or leave it in a cool dry place( I have none). What is the best option of you know your house is never going to be lower than 8o?I have had TV juice for over 10 months and it seems good to go.In a perfect world this would not be a concern, guidence is needed.My thoughts are order during Thanksgiving and stop ordreing after Easter.Any thoughts.

PS: love the juice

Well, it IS entirely possible that our liquids last longer than we previously thought (4-6 months). Most get worried, as we add no preservatives to screw the flavor up, the more oxygen this stuff gets, the nicotine turns darker and darker. This would worry most, even though there's nothing to worry about in terms of still having a usable liquid, it's just darker. With Doublers we never had a doubt that these would stay the course of 8-10 months.

I know I've got a bottle of lemon-menthol that's been sitting for a good 5 months, think I'll give it a try...

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kettering, OH (Dayton suburb)
I just started vaping about 5 weeks ago, but I've already got a lot of juices (20+), can see having many more, and halfway-organized juice storage becoming a problem. I've been looking around on the net for storage ideas and found this Reaper Paint Storage Caddy, RM09999 for $20.00 at that link.

09999_PaintCase_Nov06.jpg

I haven't ordered once yet, but the depth looks about right to hold even the 30ml juice bottles' height, unless that's the outside top-to-bottom dimension they give, and then it might be a problem.

Is anyone here into miniatures who might know the answer to that?

It seems Amazon.com has them for $16.00.

=======
While Googling a lot of different storage types I also ran into this novel storage idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y9bZUX2-nk

but I think my wife would get all pissy about it.

Tim

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Looks nice.

I think TV's 30ml bottles are 3.5" tall. Of course they don't have to stand 100% upright. If you put 2 or 3 bottles in a section, they could lean a tiny bit against the partition.

The problem with having that many flavors is that at some point you are going to be vaping the oldest ones like mad to finish them off before they expire. I've finally finished all my liquids from February and March and am exclusively vaping my April and May TV orders. (Okay, I'm mixing some with Waffle.) Once I make a dent in my June order, I'll let myself buy a couple of new ones.

ETA: LOVE the hot dog bun filler.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
You know that a man purse is called a murse, right? :D

I have a huge toolbox I use, but it's not enough. I may have to get a drawer system or something like you linked to, Poeia. I think I can squeeze it on top of my filing cabinet...

Between all of the vaping supplies, all of my work stuff, and the random stuff I've always got around me, it's amazing I can ever find anything. The rest of the house is pretty good, it's just my little 6' x 6' office that looks like a hurricane just went through.

No, a "murse" is a male nurse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread