What does a "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who_Dey_1991

Verified Member
Aug 22, 2016
Ohio
Just means that the seller made the shipping label and the post office is waiting to get it so they can mail it.

And it's entirely possible it's already on the way to you. Sometimes the USPS website doesn't update the tracking number even when the item has been scanned somewhere. There have been times I've seen an item go from "Shipping label created" to "Delivered" in the same day.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If it were me, Id send him a message and ask if he has put it in the mail. Like "Who" said, it can take 12 to over 24 hours for the updates.

Sometimes the persons printer doesnt scan and it has to be entered by hand and postal people get lazy and then you get a out for delivery notice or it just shows up.

If you specifically needed it by the date, I dont see any harm in a friendly " did it go out yet?" email especially if it is coming first class. The 17th is just a couple days from now and if its first class, and across the US it might not get here on time.

Oh, you did not specify when you got the label created notice. If it was a couple days ago, I definitely contact the seller if its a time sensitive item.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I bought AC adapter for my laptop 3 days ago (the seller told me that I can get that on or before 17th). However, USPS says only "Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item" . Does it mean I should tell the seller? Otherwise, usps is not updating. Please help me as fast as you can.
It means postage was printed and waiting for mail carrier to pick it up.

It could also be the mail carrier picked up the parcel and forgot to scan the label into tracking system.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
As already pointed out, there are times USPS tracking is not always the most reliable. If it has been 3 days since the order, an email to the vendor is perfectly reasonable to assure it did head out the door. If I order for a time sensitive product (like an AC cord for a laptop to replace one that broke and I really need the laptop) I'll pay extra for expedited shipping, unless I'm ordering from a local vendor where it will arrive the next day regardless of the shipping method chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread