what does your username mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gully

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
New Zealand
Mines short for gullydwarf,the lowest of the dwarven races in a rubbish series of fantasy books from 20yrs back.

My mates tried to make it stick as a nickname(it could be said I resemble a Tolkien Dwarf)and I persuaded them otherwise;)

20yrs on I started using it cause it does their heads in.:D

The avatar?well,it's a gully.

Tache

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
BC Canada
Tache is French for "spot". 36 years ago I bought a six month old Kanata pony colt. Kanatas are spotted ponies, and Rocky (Tacherock Warrior) had a beautiful leopard pattern of chestnut and black spots. He passed away four years ago after spending 32 years with me. I use Tache to remember him and it's unusual enough that it is rarely already taken as a username.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Rawr
>>
predator17.gif

darkreaper

Jun 20, 2013
Josephine, Texas
I used to spend hours hanging out in my first yard at night smoking a some what illegal herb out of an old school Sherlock Holmes style pipe. I wore a long black flannel coat with a hood and many friends and neighbors said I looked like the grim reaper hanging around waiting for something to happen, and the name reaper kind of suck.

Tache

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
BC Canada
I just re-read my post and it sounded like I was unable to let go. As much as Rocky and I had a great relationship, he wasn't my first horse - my previous horse, Haida, was with me for 24 years (he passed away at 30) - yes I had both of them at the same time. Within six months of Rocky's passing I added a two year old Andalusian/Lipizzan cross, Kharma, and she is very happy that I have quit "stinkies" and taken up vaping. She used to wrinkle her nose and give me dirty looks when I smoked around her - now she just sniffs at this funny black stick I keep sucking on. I don't dare try any apple flavoured juices. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread