What don't you like about vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arth1

Feb 17, 2015
The lack of ingredient and allergen marking on e-juice. When buying a large sample pack of expensive 12 e-juices and finding out that every single one of them give me a strong allergic reaction and likely contains Balsam of Peru.

Also how vaping fogs up glass much worse than smoking ever did, and thinking about how it likely coats my lungs as much as it coats my computer screen.

Finally, how no-one makes an invisible aerosol. I don't want clouds.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
Filling tanks that require removal of tiny screws (ie: Kayfuns) and use of needle-nose bottles (which also need to be filled!) to get the job done. After doing it hundreds of times, it's just pure and utter boredom.

Much as I love my Kayfuns, If I could do it over again, I'd skip all RTA's with fill screws and just invest in a fleet of Taifun GT's, which are so easy to fill that I could probably do so in about 20 seconds while riding in a truck with awful suspension traveling on a horribly rutted road from a wide-mouth 1 gallon jug without spilling a drop. :)

I've been able to "top-fill" my kayfuns. Just hold my finger over the air inlet and load 'er up. Then, I start threading the top. As soon as I start to catch it, I flip over and finish tightening to establish the vacuum. Probably 1 in 10 fills where some starts oozing out the air hole....

Back to the regularly-scheduled programming:

What I am "frustrated" with are the folks who are so blase about vaping safety. "I just wrapped 3 wraps of some thick wire around a screwdriver. Is this safe?"

It's SOOOO easy to do a little bit of research first. If you took the time to post that question, you had the time to do some homework regarding what you're doing....

/RANT OFF

ITPython

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Central Coast, CA
One major issue I have is finding ejuice that I will love. For starters there is no way to smell, taste, look or see the juice that you are buying. Best we can do is scourge the net for reviews, but even that really doesn't mean much since the taste of an ejuice varies wildly based on the persons personal taste, and the vast number of ways that juice is vaped.. sub ohm, different watts, different mod, older mod, different coils, RBA's, age of juice/how steeped was the juice? etc etc. So a lot of the time it is a shot in the dark.

Then the other issue with ordering juice online is when you have multiple options, such as nic level, PG/VG ratio, sweetener boost, etc etc. So unless you order a single juice flavor with every possible option (which would get grotesquely expensive very quickly), you are always left with that "I wonder if it could have been better (or vapable, if the juice is bad) if I chose that other option instead".

And of course you usually have to take a shot in the dark picking flavors (especially if you are new to vaping). I've been vaping on and off for several years now and am only just now starting to home in on what flavor combination I like best. But it literally took years and trial and error, and it doesn't help matters when there is a bazillion different juice vendors with a bazillion flavors each. And what makes it worse is how the flavor of a juice is greatly altered based on what options you choose or what hardware you are vaping it on, I may have already passed up my holy grail juice because I got a higher nic level and it ended up tasting harsh and nasty, thus I would never try it again. Or maybe I vaped that juice on a different mod that had a bad coil, thus making the juice taste nasty. There is any great number of ways a juices flavor can change drastically, and consistency is nowhere to be found in the vaping world.

After it is said and done I am usually several hundred dollars poorer and still no closer to finding a juice I will absolutely love. But I have to say though, over the years and after the thousands I have spent over those years, I am coming closer to figuring out my flavor profile. And I also learned that having a higher nic level will absolutely destroy the flavor and enjoyability of a juice, anything over 6mg and the juice starts to taste more burnt and is incredibly harsh on the throat. This is something new vapers really aren't told, and I wished I had known that years ago when I started getting into this hobby. As back then, and only up until my most recent attempt to get back into vaping, I was vaping mostly 18mg, sometimes higher (24mg) or sometimes lower. But I never went below 12mg, which was a huge mistake. The nic level is not just about how strong it is, but the flavor of a juice is drastically warped. I think all new vapers should default to 3mg or 6mg at most, then they could move up. This way they are able to experience an ejuices real flavor, so when they goto a higher nic level they will recognize that the nic really influences the flavor. If they just start off with a high nic level, they may never know why their juices are always so harsh and nasty tasting, and might just believe that it is the juice vendor they chose, so they try another but at the same nic level... and end up being disappointed again and again, time after time.

BigEgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Alabama
My beefs with vaping:

1) I realize it is likely safer than smoking, but we just don't know for sure. The "not knowing" is rather irritating. Is there some unknown chemical that is secretly eating away my lungs? Will we all die in 10 years? Doubtful, but it's always possible.

2) The mech mod people. I hate them. I understand that in 2011 it was probably necessary but today it is definitely not. A veteran who understands Ohm's law doesn't bother me so much, but it really chaps my ... when I see noobs running around with mech mods, stacked trustfire batteries, and running 0.0024 builds. Or even worse, running an atlantis on a hybrid top cap mod. (Can we say kaboom?). If I see someone with a mech mod, I stay away. Far, far away. I don't want their .... exploding in my face. Mech mods: they need to be retired to the vaping Smithsonian.

3) Cloud chasing comps. Childish and unnecessary. Go home and blow clouds all you want, but don't shove it in our faces. Not to mention that most of the cloud chasers are 18-24 year olds, all tatt'ed up, wearing nose rings, and look like Hell's Angels rejects. Hey, if the "emo culture" or the biker trash culture is your thing, cool, but I don't like the face it gives to vaping. Not all of us wear black, have emo hair or wear the stupid looking skinny jeans with 80's style high-top tennis shoes (skinny jeans on girls only please). Not all of us have long beards, nose rings, plugs in our ears, or John L. Sullivan mustaches. Some of us are average dudes with nice trim hair, shaved faces and decent clothes. Nothing against such people on a personal level (I know doctors who go into their biker trash mode on the weekends), but we must admit it doesn't make the vaping scene look very alluring to average people who smoke.

4) That vaping has gone from "not smoking" to a hobby. Actually, no, it's more than a hobby. We are the equivalent to the gear heads or muscle car modders of the 60's and 70's or the old ham radio people, or the computer geeks of the late 70's and early 80's who built their machines from scratch (Jobs, Wozniack). Sure, I love the new tech as much as the next guy, but I don't want to attract non-smokers or kids who want to be cool.

5) The prices. Most of the stuff is marked up 200000%. E-juice especially. Competition and supply/demand will fix a lot of that, however. Hopefully.

So, yeah, that about sums it up.

Rosckolove

Mar 13, 2015
Bucks County
I hate a certain local shop. I had a terrible experience because this kid just followed me around the whole time. Like this guy had to be right in front of me at all times. I had a quick convo with him asked a few questions and just explained I was gonna look around for a bit. (they did have an impressive amount of hardware of all kinds on display) and this kid still just followed me around. Nagging me about everything I was looking at. It got to a point where I stood up from the display I was looking at and asked him if his pay was commission based. He didn't get the hint. So I just left.

Now about that impressive display I mentioned. Wow was that stuff overpriced. They were selling kanger subtank mini's for $60 bucks, and they had an Istick 50w marked at $85.
Everything was like that. I think the istick 20's were in the $50-55 dollar range. It's really a shame because of all the local shops (about 8+) they had the most impressive inventory by far.

The only thing that was on par were the juice prices.

Not only will I not recommend the place, I'll tell people to avoid it at all costs and list every other shop I can think of.

Am I allowed to name the shop or is that against forum rules? I'm pretty sure they have a few locations all over the country.

I hate when the really young kids have no courtesy or respect and just blow giant clouds in public places. That makes the vaping community look terrible. Parents don't want that stuff near their kids. People don't really know what it is and they don't want to be breathing it in. Especially with all the propaganda. Heck even we are waiting on more conclusive studies. No wonder they are banning it with the likes of cigarettes when it comes to permitted smoking/vaping areas.

Stay vaping my friends.

My beefs with vaping:

1) I realize it is likely safer than smoking, but we just don't know for sure. The "not knowing" is rather irritating. Is there some unknown chemical that is secretly eating away my lungs? Will we all die in 10 years? Doubtful, but it's always possible.

2) The mech mod people. I hate them. I understand that in 2011 it was probably necessary but today it is definitely not. A veteran who understands Ohm's law doesn't bother me so much, but it really chaps my ... when I see noobs running around with mech mods, stacked trustfire batteries, and running 0.0024 builds. Or even worse, running an atlantis on a hybrid top cap mod. (Can we say kaboom?). If I see someone with a mech mod, I stay away. Far, far away. I don't want their .... exploding in my face. Mech mods: they need to be retired to the vaping Smithsonian.

3) Cloud chasing comps. Childish and unnecessary. Go home and blow clouds all you want, but don't shove it in our faces. Not to mention that most of the cloud chasers are 18-24 year olds, all tatt'ed up, wearing nose rings, and look like Hell's Angels rejects. Hey, if the "emo culture" or the biker trash culture is your thing, cool, but I don't like the face it gives to vaping. Not all of us wear black, have emo hair or wear the stupid looking skinny jeans with 80's style high-top tennis shoes (skinny jeans on girls only please). Not all of us have long beards, nose rings, plugs in our ears, or John L. Sullivan mustaches. Some of us are average dudes with nice trim hair, shaved faces and decent clothes. Nothing against such people on a personal level (I know doctors who go into their biker trash mode on the weekends), but we must admit it doesn't make the vaping scene look very alluring to average people who smoke.

4) That vaping has gone from "not smoking" to a hobby. Actually, no, it's more than a hobby. We are the equivalent to the gear heads or muscle car modders of the 60's and 70's or the old ham radio people, or the computer geeks of the late 70's and early 80's who built their machines from scratch (Jobs, Wozniack). Sure, I love the new tech as much as the next guy, but I don't want to attract non-smokers or kids who want to be cool.

5) The prices. Most of the stuff is marked up 200000%. E-juice especially. Competition and supply/demand will fix a lot of that, however. Hopefully.

So, yeah, that about sums it up.

Wow. Would have been shorter to list the things you DO like about vaping. ;)

Shotglass

Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
Houston, TX
dry-hit.jpg

^^^ This ^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread