What got you into vaping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
After airline delays on one of our trips where I was pretty antsy for a cig (to put it mildly), Mr. Robin suggested looking into ecigs for when we travel. He has seen me try to quit many times in many ways, all unsuccessful. So I googled ecigs and everything led me to ECF. I started reading......:blink: For weeks I would spend hours and hours reading here. Success stories, frustrations, learning the language :confused:

I finally decided on an ecig that was not 'top of the line' yet not cig-a-like. I didn't think it would work, nothing ever did before right?!? I got a middle of the road kit to at least give it a fair chance. The day it arrived I remember being so scared of taking that first hit :lol: Finally I managed to bring it to my mouth and take my first hit. I was sitting in front of my computer with multiple tabs opened with YouTube and ECF up. I can only imagine the look on my face :shock:

OMG! This is pretty good! I immediately cut back from a pack a day to just 6 cigs and progressed slowly down from there. I had a carton of cigs in my refrigerator that after finding ecigs, I swore after I finished, I wouldn't buy anymore. I didn't have any time frame in mind. No pressure, no set date.

The day I got my kit, I signed up to ECF. One month later I was cig free. There were 7 packs still in that carton when I threw them out before making the move to Florida back in February.

I figured I would die a smoker. Period. It has now been 9 months cig free and counting. I'm now past my previous longest quit, but just barely. I won't celebrate until I hit a year mark. That is coming up quickly ;).

Wow! Sorry for the long post. :blush:

MizStakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Lafayette, LA
Anxiety relief....Ive actually never been a smoker and I only Vape 0mg...It may sound unusual, but since I have joined the forum, I have found others like me. For me, vaping works better than meditation and is more convenient, especially in public settings. And pharm meds are out of the question for me. Im still not quite sure as to why vaping works, but I haven't seen any negative effects so I don't question it. Plus, Ill admit, Ive really come to love it and this forum...HAPPY VAPING :vapor:

wbbrn1952

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Pensacola, FL, USA
Well, I had quit smoking for 18 yrs and then was told I had the Big "C" so I figured what the hell I pick up the analogs again; but couold never really get into the taste and the offensive odor again. The one day at work while having a break at the smoke pole - a co-worker was using an e-cig and we began talking. I went home and did some reseach - bought a kit from Volcano (Inferno) and a the rest is history. I have been vaping for a year now and wouldn't trade it for the world.

This thread should be shared so more people can see the positive influences of vaping. Success in quitting is as easy as just replacing smoking. Today is my 2 week mark of no cigs and I haven't had a single craving for one. The first 2 weeks is the hardest part about quitting, according to people I know that went cold turkey. They said they had withdraws, nightmares, mood swing, etc. Me? Nope. Spread the stoke everyone! Great stories. Cancer is no joke.

SeaTownLassy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Seattle, WA USA
3 things got me to quit smoking and start vaping: My Mom, who is undergoing treatment for lung cancer that returned after getting a bit of lung removed from a previous bout...it breaks her heart that she sees me smoking knowing there's a risk that I might get lung cancer too. My health, which seems fine now and I want to keep it that way. My students...I'm a martial arts instructor that wants to set a good example for my young pupils.

Oh and saving money.I guess that's 4 things. :) But I think I've spent more on mods and juice since going completely smoke free. :)

~Restita

rprata

Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Providence, RI
I wasn't a very heavy smoker (averaged 1/2 PAD, sometimes more if I was outdoors all day) ... Only smoked for ~2 years. One day on a whim, I picked up a Blu, then I tried a Logic and a few other brands .. meanwhile I found this forum and started reading. Got a small eGo starter kit from a local vendor, got a 1300mAh eGo-T to go with it, and some juices. Have not had the urge to smoke since. I did bum a smoke after about a week - smoked about 1/4 of it and threw it out. Tasted nasty. Much happier vaping Orange Dream Bar, Cream Soda and Banana Nut Bread rather than smoking stinky Camel Menthols. Don't miss the stinkies one bit, and I love the vaping!

One of the cig-a-likes I had was the rechargeable type from the drug store, and I gave that to a friend who was a 1 1/2 PAD smoker. He picked it up and started using it, and hasn't had a cig since. Now he's looking at an eGo kit himself. He and I both quit within a week of one another. I still have one more rechargeable cig-a-like I'm holding onto, so I can pay it forward again.

WhatSheSaid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Duncan, OK
I took a job that had a very strict tobacco policy and I was still very addicted to nicotine and the act of smoking. I knew patches and gum were not for me, so I bought a Blu kit at Walgreens. I liked it a lot, but it was going to be just as expensive as smoking, so I ended up on ecf looking for something better. Wasn't quite ready to give up the cigalike so I went with a Volt kit. Better, but I hated constantly filling cartos. So I made the leap to ego style batts and clearos. I'm still pretty much there with Evods, egos, Protank, and itaste vv. I'm happy with where I am, but I'm interested in mods, especially bottom feeders and at some point I might look into a REO.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II on Straight Talk

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
Anxiety relief....Ive actually never been a smoker and I only Vape 0mg...It may sound unusual, but since I have joined the forum, I have found others like me. For me, vaping works better than meditation and is more convenient, especially in public settings. And pharm meds are out of the question for me. Im still not quite sure as to why vaping works, but I haven't seen any negative effects so I don't question it. Plus, Ill admit, Ive really come to love it and this forum...HAPPY VAPING :vapor:

It doesn't sound unusual, at least to me. My wife, bless her heart, is the type of person who likes to try different things all the time, but she usually ditches them at roughly the speed of light. She's never smoked a day in her life, but when I first started vaping and she found out that you could get e-liquids in candy and dessert flavors, she was intrigued. So (at that point I was using cigalikes from V4L) she ordered a bunch of stuff from V4L herself, 0 nic, of course, tried it for a few days, and then...you guessed it...gave it up. But at least I ended up with all her goodies. :D

Last edited:

MizStakes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Lafayette, LA
It doesn't sound unusual, at least to me. My wife, bless her heart, is the type of person who likes to try different things all the time, but she usually ditches them at roughly the speed of light. She's never smoked a day in her life, but when I first started vaping and she found out that you could get e-liquids in candy and dessert flavors, she was intrigued. So (at that point I was using cigalikes from V4L) she ordered a bunch of stuff from V4L herself, 0 nic, of course, tried it for a few days, and then...you guessed it...gave it up. But at least I ended up with all her goodies. :D

HAHA, well good for you!...Curiosity introduced me to it but Im not giving it up anytime soon. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from being in the Marines for 4 years and losing my husband. I refuse to take meds for it and my meditation techniques are kinda weird to do in public. Vaping helps a lot and it just looks cool too. So people just assume im trying to quit smoking instead of the fact im about to have an anxiety attack. Plus I love all the flavors too...

Mountain_Rain96

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Atlanta Ga.
HAHA, well good for you!...Curiosity introduced me to it but Im not giving it up anytime soon. I have Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from being in the Marines for 4 years and losing my husband. I refuse to take meds for it and my meditation techniques are kinda weird to do in public. Vaping helps a lot and it just looks cool too. So people just assume im trying to quit smoking instead of the fact im about to have an anxiety attack. Plus I love all the flavors too...

I'm so sorry about your husband. :( I'm a fellow Veteran (USAF) and I salute you.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
What got you into vaping?

Early burial avoidance tactic...
RIP.gif

Sackskin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
NJ
A good friend of mine introduced me. Started with a few different cig a likes...they didn't work...found out about the ego and it was on from there! Changed my life for the better...haven't touched analogs since!

Here I am 6 mods later after only a few months...money savings...haaaa

But, atleast it's a healthier way of living.

I'd like to thank all the members of this community also...great support system!

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Me and wifey wanted to try the ego types, i had owned 2 type of minis prior to this and didnt get anything from those so i thought i knew what i was going into... Small puffs of vape with no real flavor... I thought... The ego type worked for me but not for the wife... And when i realised that a vivi nova tank would fit on my ego it became a hobby... And suddenly i had a vamo in my hand and a mech on its way... Whats the next thing gonna be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread