• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What Mod you are using

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
has anyone tried both Protank I/II and RSST? which do you prefer for an overall better vape?

may get a Protank to see if a bottom coil clearomizer gives a significantly better experience than my vCore.. but at the same time i dont mind trying out a genesis style atomizer. trying to make my decision easier, so please chime in if you have tried both.

KunJus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
The "FINE" place
Let's see..

My 1st was Ego-t, then switched the atomiser to a stardust, then to vivi novas. Tried my hands on VV
mods- Provari and Vamo. Tried rebuilding on my vivi with SS and cotton wicks.

After that i ventured into gen-style rba, the 1st was the did-clone, switched to Aga-t
and tried the rsst. Also go some mech mods for the rba's, kts and ds mod.

Tried my hands on rda next with the "octopus" rda, and some phoenix clones.

Currently on kayfun lite paired with a K100(cheap telescopic mod but works fine enough).

Probably would stay with the current setup for awhile, cos i'm just loving the kayfun
with microcoils and cotton wicks.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
Let's see..

My 1st was Ego-t, then switched the atomiser to a stardust, then to vivi novas. Tried my hands on VV
mods- Provari and Vamo. Tried rebuilding on my vivi with SS and cotton wicks.

After that i ventured into gen-style rba, the 1st was the did-clone, switched to Aga-t
and tried the rsst. Also go some mech mods for the rba's, kts and ds mod.

Tried my hands on rda next with the "octopus" rda, and some phoenix clones.

Currently on kayfun lite paired with a K100(cheap telescopic mod but works fine enough).

Probably would stay with the current setup for awhile, cos i'm just loving the kayfun
with microcoils and cotton wicks.

:D I see u have a DIY Box Mod, can show a pic of it?

jiveman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
usa
trqPxdi.jpg

K100 and an Igo L with a kick2 inside.

i chose it because i wanted a mechanical with no circuitry that can break down, it was cheap, and it's durable.
i also love the way it looks.

if i'm not using that and want to go a little more discrete in public, Ego batteries work just fine for me and i'll throw an Evod on (a bit more durable than a protank so i don't break the tank) or just drip into a lr atty. my evod has always leaked a little bit no matter what i do so i'll prob just go with a protank 2 soon with a beauty ring on there to look nice on an ego.

Last edited:

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
trqPxdi.jpg

K100 and an Igo L with a kick2 inside.

i chose it because i wanted a mechanical with no circuitry that can break down, it was cheap, and it's durable.
i also love the way it looks.

if i'm not using that and want to go a little more discrete in public, Ego batteries work just fine for me and i'll throw an Evod on (a bit more durable than a protank so i don't break the tank) or just drip into a lr atty. my evod has always leaked a little bit no matter what i do so i'll prob just go with a protank 2 soon with a beauty ring on there to look nice on an ego.

Is it really true mechanical mod are better bcoz it is non-circuitry? Durable in what ways? So u using kick2 to adjust your voltage/watts m i rite?

jiveman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
usa
Is it really true mechanical mod are better bcoz it is non-circuitry? Durable in what ways? So u using kick2 to adjust your voltage/watts m i rite?

well it's a hell of a lot easier to change volts/watts with a button that doesn't require openin the tube up, and really helpful to see the ohms of your atomizer when you're rebuilding, but these are things i am fine without. i have a multimeter, no biggie.
juices perform differently at different volts/watts too so that is kind of helpful if you can change it real fast on a mod with circuitry.

i know what watts i like to vape at with my juices though, and if i need to change it up, i'm fine with having to take the extra couple seconds of unscrewing my mod, pullin my kick out, and changing the wattage. the kick's basically just a set it and forget it situation for me. if the kick ever dies i'll just buy a kick clone knockoff cause i never go above 10 watts anyway.

but yea vaping without a kick would kind of suck since it's unregulated and as your battery dies, so goes your vaping performance.

it's durable in the sense that the circuitry won't break down which would be a difficult, costly fix.

it's basically a chunk of metal, so if i drop this thing on the floor, as many have said, i'd be more worried about the floor.
i can also clean it a lot more thoroughly.

my biggest fear is messing up the threads, but that's the same concern someone with circuitry would have to worry about, and yea maybe my spring will get jacked up or something, but that'd be an easy fix.

it's dirt cheap though, so having it break is no big deal to me. i mean 26 bucks? who cares at that point. i'll definitely get my money's worth before this thing kicks the bucket.

Just have to decide what bells and whistles you need personally.

if i had found a decently priced vw/ohm checking apv with circuitry that i actually liked the look of, i'd have bought it. since i didn't, i went with this, cause it looks nice, performs as good as the atty/batteries i use, and the price was right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread