• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What Mod you are using

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
How you guys thinks of mechanical mod? In your opinion, is mechanical better? or those SVD, Provari?

I tried with different tank and mechanical gave me good taste and long lasting wick, i do not seem to change wick so often as in SVD.

The juices in my mechanical mod seems not to turn brown fast compare to others electric mod.

I have read a few review, SVD gives the best taste. However, it has a huge thrist for juices. And most people use a cotton wick for SVD, what kind of wick are u using?

I don't use a SVD yet, but have gone thru a few write-up as well as video reviews on it. my 2 cents....

There is a group of vapers who will own both mech and WV/VW PV. Those who own both usually use the VV/VW to measure the voltage and ohms of their rebuidable tanks as to get the right resistance and voltages, thus eliminate the need for a multimeter. So it is much more of using a VV/VW as a test base for all their new juices and doing up their rebuildable wick.

Another 2 cents...:thumbs:

Last edited:

Aschecte

Nov 21, 2010
New york
Just dropped some coin ..... can't afford the Provarri just yet but bought a Joyetech eVic ..... I like the digital and upgradable firmware aspect to this mod......I actually do not mind as others have stated that it only goes up to 5v .... using a low ohm atty I canasily push the wattage up pretty high but I find and keep in mind I'm relatively new at vaping I enjoy a 7 watt vape ..... the flavor is great , tons of vapor and ample throat hit.... I will be getting the eVic on Thursday UPS says I'll put a review up when it comes in.

ahtom76

Jul 17, 2013
Malaysia
has anyone tried both Protank I/II and RSST? which do you prefer for an overall better vape?

may get a Protank to see if a bottom coil clearomizer gives a significantly better experience than my vCore.. but at the same time i dont mind trying out a genesis style atomizer. trying to make my decision easier, so please chime in if you have tried both.

I have all 3. Go with RSST, you'll never be wrong. Flavour is good and ease of set up. (got my running in 15 minutes with first attempt). Pro tanks are good but they tends to leak once you reach half of it.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
I have read a few review, SVD gives the best taste. However, it has a huge thrist for juices. And most people use a cotton wick for SVD, what kind of wick are u using?

I don't use a SVD yet, but have gone thru a few write-up as well as video reviews on it. my 2 cents....

There is a group of vapers who will own both mech and WV/VW PV. Those who own both usually use the VV/VW to measure the voltage and ohms of their rebuidable tanks as to get the right resistance and voltages, thus eliminate the need for a multimeter. So it is much more of using a VV/VW as a test base for all their new juices and doing up their rebuildable wick.

Another 2 cents...:thumbs:

True SVD had good taste but burn juices faster and wick burn off faster. Wick, using silicone from manufacturer.

Tried Cobra tank, good throat hit

jiveman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
usa
My newly setup SVD with iClear30 giving me a very dry hit and low flavour taste with Dekang liquid. Even my friend's eGo taste better.

do you know how to use it?

and here's my set up for today.

toHj1GQ.jpg

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
My newly setup SVD with iClear30 giving me a very dry hit and low flavour taste with Dekang liquid. Even my friend's eGo taste better.

You've to play around with the 'P' nos. or set as 3.7V. Dun set too high for a start as the atomiser will burn and give a funny low level taste

Iclear 30 is a dual coil, good hit and flavour

I burn my first one and got to get a new replacement

Good luck and keep trying

desmondsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
LOS
You've to play around with the 'P' nos. or set as 3.7V. Dun set too high for a start as the atomiser will burn and give a funny low level taste

Iclear 30 is a dual coil, good hit and flavour

I burn my first one and got to get a new replacement

Good luck and keep trying

What you mean by P nos? Currently vaping at 3.5 - 3.7 which is more comfortable. Some other people said that because it is a dual coil it needs more voltage so best to vape at around 4.2 to 4.4 which i find it really difficult to do so. Anyway my kit came with 2 iClear30, i think i burnt 1 already. Washed it and then ohm readings was 4.2 then try to dry burn it. When i get the reading at 2.1ohms then i try vaping, it just glows so bright then suddenly pooof and goes off, then cannot use already.

Roasty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2013
unknown
just got my first rba, a RSST. after watching all the online youtube videos, building this is pretty simple. built it up this morning with 3 coils of kanthal and running at 1.9 ohm. the steel mesh sucks liquid up so much better than silica wick..!

loving the vape experience now. flavorz brown sugar, peaches and pear is fantastic!!!

dragonl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Dragon Lair
just got my first rba, a RSST. after watching all the online youtube videos, building this is pretty simple. built it up this morning with 3 coils of kanthal and running at 1.9 ohm. the steel mesh sucks liquid up so much better than silica wick..!

loving the vape experience now. flavorz brown sugar, peaches and pear is fantastic!!!

RSST :thumb: steel mesh definitely better.

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
xd5nbr.jpg

Why is it that my AW 18350 have awfully short vape time :blink:
Recently, I've understand SVD has 2 types. Slightly cheaper than the other. The cheaper ones using China chip and the more expensive using chip fm US. I have yet to investigate on such claim. Heard it from xxxxx.
Alternatively, might be the battery u are using or set higher volt to vape might drain the battery, this based on my experience. Other opinion, Pse correct me if I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread