What other mods do Provari owners use/love

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
One day when I have the confidence and understanding to use mechs I would like to experience sub-ohm vaping once, maybe twice. I want to make it rain with all the plumes vaping a .50ohm handmade coil or .1 quad-coil on a rebuildable atomizer with thick VG juice, I even have the juice lined up. Imagine, pushing 4.2 volts on a .7 coil you'll be vaping at damn near 50 watts folks!

But there's a learning curve to this sub ohm game and if you don't respect or understand exactly what's going on then the risks can be unimaginable. So it's on my todo list for now. I want to blow my head off but not literally.

RHP

I would imagine that pushing that much power through a coil would result in a really burnt taste. I don’t think that you’ll be missing out on a very pleasant experience, if you choose never to try that.

Jet Knight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Gotham
Currently have 3 Provaris and always will, but I also like the Greek stuff. 69, Roller, Poldiac all classics that have a place in the rotation. The Provari is your wife, the others will be your girlfriends:)

:D I've had many girlfriends, but I have only one wife. NO regrets proposing to my Provari. :vapor:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
I would imagine that pushing that much power through a coil would result in a really burnt taste. I don’t think that you’ll be missing out on a very pleasant experience, if you choose never to try that.

This guy seems pretty pleased but only one way to find out is to try it. And the only responsible way to try it is to become intimiately familiar with amperage, voltages, circuitry, battery chemistry, and more things than I can think of at the moment. I only know that I am not, and may never be, educated enough to responsibly sub ohm vape. If I do it one day, it will be only as a reward to myself for being a heck of a lot smarter than I am now!

Here is a very basic outline some folks may be interested in reading (it is a work in progress) by a 14 month vaper friend of mine who is only now starting to venture into this area of vaping, I hope it helps out new folks who are scratching their head seeing us talk about things around sub ohm vaping.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-tips-vapors-looking-try-their-first-rba.html

RHP

Last edited:

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
This guy seems pretty pleased but only one way to find out is to try it. And the only responsible way to try it is to become intimiately familiar with amperage, voltages, circuitry, battery chemistry, and more things than I can think of at the moment. I only know that I am not, and may never be, educated enough to responsibly sub ohm vape. If I do it one day, it will be only as a reward to myself for being a heck of a lot smarter than I am now!

Here is a very basic outline some folks may be interested in reading (it is a work in progress) by a 14 month vaper friend of mine who is only now starting to venture into this area of vaping, I hope it helps out new folks who are scratching their head seeing us talk about things around sub ohm vaping.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-tips-vapors-looking-try-their-first-rba.html

RHP

If you really want to try really high powered vaping, then I’d suggest that you look for an AC powered device that plugs into a standard household electrical outlet. If such a device is well designed and built, then it should be much less risky than trying to pull extreme amounts of power out of a lithium based battery.

I don’t know if such a device exists, since I haven’t looked for one. I’ve never had the desire to push the power really high; I’ve found that for the e-liquids that I’ve tried, the max limit is usually around 8-9W before I start to get a burnt/unpleasant taste.

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
Brightlight, you know I think Phil Busardo had a video from vapebash 2013 and some dude had a box like that you're referring too, come to think of it. Vaping at something crazy! I don't think I wanna do that, atleast not sober or unless there's money on the line (like a bet) :lol:

This is my friend guppy. He got his name because he inhales beer. I am not guppy!

RHP

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

I've been spending a LOT of vape time with this little guy. It's a VMod-XL bottom feeder with an optional faux burrel wood case shell and a Sagewood Glass drip tip. It uses the same 18650 Aw 2000 mAh IMR battery that my Provari uses, and I'm getting a couple days worth of vaping with one. It also has a inner removeable juice tank with a capacity of 9 ml which lasts me 3 days of vaping before needing a refill. I'm using the 2.0 ohm hybrid atomizer that came with the VMod.

I'm using a homemade mixture of 1/3 Copper Creek's Coffee, 1/3 Sweet Cream from My Freedom Smoke, and 1/3 Black Diamond tobacco flavor from Evo. I let several people sample this flavor at the AltSmoke Cincinnati B&M grand opening yesterday and all were impressed. Maybe I should call this "Baditude's Mix".

As much as I thought I was dependent upon variable voltage, I've not missed it with this setup. The pure flavor of dripping and the convenience of a tank - love it.

Last edited:

vang0gh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Plainfield, IL, USA

I've been spending a LOT of vape time with this little guy. It's a VMod-XL with an optional faux burrel wood case shell and a Sagewood Glass drip tip. It uses the same 18650 Aw 2000 mAh IMR battery that my Provari uses, and I'm getting a couple days worth of vaping with one. It also has a removeable juice tank with a capacity of 9 ml which lasts me 3 days of vaping before needing a refill. I'm using the 2.0 ohm hybrid atomizer that came with the VMod.

I'm using a homemade mixture of 1/3 Copper Creek's Coffee, 1/3 Sweet Cream from My Freedom Smoke, and 1/3 Black Diamond tobacco flavor from Evo. As much as I thought I was dependent upon variable voltage, I've not missed it with this setup. The pure flavor of dripping and the convenience of a tank - love it.

A bottom feeder will probably be the next thing I try out. Was there much of a learning curve to feeding the atomizer properly, and how often do you have to "squonk"?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A bottom feeder will probably be the next thing I try out. Was there much of a learning curve to feeding the atomizer properly, and how often do you have to "squonk"?
There was a learning curve. I hadn't tried dripping since I got my first mod over a year ago and never properly learned the methodology. It took me a couple of weeks to get the squonking right with the VMod. I was being too tentative with my squonking for fear of flooding the atty, but then I was only getting one or two hits. I've learned that I can give a more liberal squeeze to feed more juice. I'm up to a few vapes per squonk, but I'll likely eventually get more as I perfect the technique. It's beginning to become second nature as I don't even think about it, just do it as I need it.

Last edited:

RedhatPat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Lancaster, Pa
VanG0gh, squonking becomes an organic motion, you'll perfect blind squonking in less than a day or two tops. Some folks even measure their battery level based on how much juice they squonked, my buddy knows to change his battery out after he's about less than half a tank left for example.

Learning http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/reos-mods/296053-fine-art-squonking.html is easy and important especially when ou're behind the wheel.

RHP

Last edited:

eratikmind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2013
Las Vegas/San Francisco
That's the great thing about the vaping industry, today. There are so many high quality devices out there to enjoy.

The Nzonic is another excellent device . . . Enjoy!

The Kayfun line is an stellar example of a high quality device, which delivers the goods hit after hit. Especially, the K Lite.

- Andy

Kataphraktos

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2013
New York, NY
I'm swapping out my Kayfun 3.1 brushed for a polished I finally found in the Classifieds, just so it can match my chrome 2.0 Provari.

I just received a GP Paps Lux 18350, a SnP tank with Diver, and a Scuba tank with Diver, but I still spent some of the evening with my Provari and eBDP dripping different flavors.

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
Vape Gear - The Family 1.jpg
The Gear i Use

BrightLight

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2013
Canada
Brightlight, you know I think Phil Busardo had a video from vapebash 2013 and some dude had a box like that you're referring too, come to think of it. Vaping at something crazy! I don't think I wanna do that, atleast not sober or unless there's money on the line (like a bet) :lol:

RHP

I recently watched Phil Busardo’s Vape Bash 2013 video, so now I know what you’re talking about.

From what I could tell in that video, that thing looked like a very early prototype. So, if I was going to use that version of it, I’d want to be stone cold sober. That is, I’d like to have the quickest thinking and fastest reactions as possible, just in case.

When I’m not sober, I think that it’s a better idea to use something that doesn’t require as much thinking, to use it safely; something like a ProVari.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread