What the heck do I do....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital4life

ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2010
Northern, NJ
Hello All,

It's been a very long time since I've been here and I'm glad to see everything is doing well... I have a dilemma and I seek input from my vapor friends. I really need some input before I purchase one of these two items: TorPedo VVV or Provari VVV. What I want to know is why I should choose one over the other, beside the big price difference. Any input would be appreciated.... Thanks Andy

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
I don't own either, but wanted to bump this up for owners.

After reading many posts here on both devices it seems the Provari is the better quality. If just wanting to try vv the lavatube or any name it is sold under, which are many, would be okay, but there are a few minor issues with it so far.

Look under the vv mod discussion section to read up on both, they have their own separate categories.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Between them the Regulator works a little differently and the build quality is better on the Provari, the TorPedo uses plastic end caps. Size wise they are basically the same Diameter and the TorPedo aka Lavatube is a little longer. Weight, the Provari is heavier.

As far as the regulation, they both have a 2.5 amp limit but when the voltage is adjusted outside of that limit the Provari gives an error message letting you know to lower the voltage and won't work until you do. The TorPedo will adjust the voltage down automatically and will still work but gives you no feedback otherwise, the voltage will still read what you set it for.

The Provaris menu gives more options and feedback also like letting you check the atty/carto resistance, etc.

Whether these differences are worth the price difference to you, I can't answer but the Provari is a better choice imo.

Frick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Ohio
The resistance check is particularly nice on the Provari. It's nice to be able to check resistance because what they are marketed as is seldom what they actually read. I have a "1.7 ohm" smoketech DC that actually reads 1.2, both on the Provari and a multi-meter. I have 2.5 ohm DC that read 2.8. I have 3.0 that read 2.8, etc.

That, and it's built like a fine tool (think SnapOn).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread