What to buy for newbies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atsirk

ECF Veteran
Oct 20, 2010
Lake Oswego, Oregon
:confused: Had a big 2nd-family (the family I chose lol) get together last night, and I have 3 hard-core smokers ready to try vaping. They’ll be getting Riva 510 kits so the batt choice is made, but…
In my 5 months, I’ve ended up a dedicated dripper, 510 attys on my eGo/Rivas (had no luck with cartos, personally). Not sure though, that dripping would be a good idea to start someone up with – it can be complicated, with lots of room for error. I think cartomizers are the way to go, but which? Clearos? Ce2s? Soft tips? What would you recommend? It needs to be the least complicated, highest success rate, but also lowest cost. TIA for your help!

P.S. and where do you recommend the best prices for these?

Last edited:

TJVapes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2010
USA
I would stick with the easy to use, easy to fill, tried and true regular ol soft tips. Some people say they like the clearos but I just can't imagine. I think they're horrible. My MIL is doing really good with V4L 808s with prefilled cartos, but I simply had to have the easiest thing there was for her. I supply the goods and my sister-in-law is refilling the cartos for her. I think the biggest factor to keep them happy is to keep it simple and you can find really good prices on the soft tip 510s. I would go ahead and pick them up a few drip tips just in case. I have other family members that are using clearos and map tanks but they're younger and willing to play and get all techy with their stuff. Just my opinion.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
I would say just basic soft tip cartos since they are easy to use and still have the size/shape of a cigarette filter to them. Maybe a combination of LR and standard to see which ones they like best?? You can even throw in an extra drip tip to use with the carto so they don't have to remove the plug each time they want to to check or refill it.

Enid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Greenville, SC
I'm currently dealing with the same thing.
Here's what I'm doing for all my converts. Riva 510 kit, 5 pk boge standard cartos, 2 lr cartos, 1 drip tip and I order juices to match their personalities. I charge the sale prices that I can find and pay for shipping since I'm ordering from 3 or 4 places. I stockpile my crap, while doing noob orders. No more free kits, no more depleting my supplies. Hookers, gotta hand over some cash.
This last order, that I'm still waiting on, came out to under 70 bucks, which is what I paid for my ego kit. So, the converts have it a lot easier than we did. We walked uphill in snow and stuff.

Here's one thing, that I'm just going to throw out there: It's their choice if they quit the stinkies. You could have done the best job evar getting the right stuff for the right person but if some of those people are stubborn, unless you're gonna hand hold and fill carts 24/7, just know that you've done your part and walk away. My current convert is not going to use this thing, her girlfriend is making her try it. I'm ordering this for the girlfriend (who makes enough money to throw away this ecig money) more than my friend.

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
Elite Vapor Works carries the eGo kits for $40 w/ free shipping. Not a great selection on colors, but pretty decent price.

I prefer the slightly longer battery life of the Rivas, which sell for about $33 shipped at Liberty-Flights. Lately though, my eGo passthroughs are my bestest of friends. :)

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Last edited:

gramakittycat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
I started my kids off with the cartos also.I love the clears but for a newb there is a learning curve to them.i let them try different flavors since I always am changing mine several times a day so they get to try them plus I'm more into DIY as time goes on so I can tweek juices for them also.My son likes the cartos with a drip tip since he now can tell when they are getting dry so he just drips a few drops and is good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread