What to get first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
Hi guys,

Im a newbie just starting to learn about vape.. been smoking for years now and just had friends tell me to try vamping.. they don't smoke or vape so Im pretty lost in this lol

I heard vaping is way better for health so Im kinda excited about it but Im still looking for my kit to start, something easy and safe, saw stuff about dry hit and building dripping etc and those seem a lot..

Any advice would be gr8, excited to join the forum:thumbs:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Hi guys,

Im a newbie just starting to learn about vape.. been smoking for years now and just had friends tell me to try vamping.. they don't smoke or vape so Im pretty lost in this lol

I heard vaping is way better for health so Im kinda excited about it but Im still looking for my kit to start, something easy and safe, saw stuff about dry hit and building dripping etc and those seem a lot..

Here you are. Lot of good starter kits out there. How much do you smoke a day?

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Hi guys,

Welcome and I am sure someone can steer you in the right direction for a starter kit. There are a lot of nice ones out from Eleaf, Aspire, Innokin and Joyetech that are great for beginners.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Hi and welcome. There's plenty to try, but vaping is highly individualistic. What one likes another does not. If you're just starting out, I'd suggest a mouth-to-lung starter kit which will mimic the act of smoking. That's not my style, though-- I'm a direct-lung kinda guy-- so I don't have a solid recommendation on tap. Somebody will be along shortly, I'm sure.

dsites

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2017
Nederland, Colorado
Welcome to ECF .... vaping is much healthier than smoking as you'll soon find out. I use a T18 from Innokin which is a common starter kit.... gofishtx mentioned a few as well. Once you get started, you can decide to move to fancier devices at your leisure. The big deal is that vaping can get you off cigarettes.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Welcome to ECF .... vaping is much healthier than smoking as you'll soon find out. I use a T18 from Innokin which is a common starter kit.... gofishtx mentioned a few as well. Once you get started, you can decide to move to fancier devices at your leisure. The big deal is that vaping can get you off cigarettes.
What someone mentioned to me when I was looking for a friend was an Aspire speeder with Nautilus 2 tank that sounded promising and is a popular starter kit. Also Joyetech has a new Cuboid Lite out with a new tank that is supposed to work well with Mouth to lung or direct lung (power puffs), Mouth to lung will more simulate smoking at 1st.

Last edited:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi mlue and welcome. Plenty of nice kits and separates to choose from--here's my recommendation:

Eleaf iStick 40W TC Full Kit (GS Tank) - iPower, Aster, 40W, 60W - Eleaf - Mods

Full kit with room to grow. I suggest you buy a box of original 1.5Ω coils--they are the best for GS tanks--IMO.

Eleaf GS Air Coils 1.5 ohm - Eleaf Coils - Eleaf - Tanks & Coils

Out of stock at Sweet Vapes, but you can find them elsewhere:

Eleaf GS-Air Dual Coil Clearomizer - $10.00 : Rocky Mountain Vapor, The Mountain top of Electronic Cigarettes (choose 1.5Ω resistance, not 1.2--those are vertical coils and as good)

Use 30% off coupon code "turkey"--free shipping on orders $14 and up--at RockyMountain.

Get some eliquid and you're set.

Good luck!

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
Here you are. Lot of good starter kits out there. How much do you smoke a day?

Hi Letitia, you're like my coach here, much thanks! :thumbs:
I used to smoke a pack every 2-3 days and it brought srs issues to my lungs and teeth so I restricted myself to a pack a week, obviously still bad, so I'm look for better option and I found vaping.

Looking for some budget starter kit to get me comfortable with vaping, and I don't know how long it will take to fully quit smoking

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
Welcome and I am sure someone can steer you in the right direction for a starter kit. There are a lot of nice ones out from Eleaf, Aspire, Innokin and Joyetech that are great for beginners.

Thanks gofishtx, would you suggest using tank? I heard RDA gives better experience but tanks are easier? I gotta get my hands on them to know..

mlue00

Oct 26, 2017
Hi and welcome. There's plenty to try, but vaping is highly individualistic. What one likes another does not. If you're just starting out, I'd suggest a mouth-to-lung starter kit which will mimic the act of smoking. That's not my style, though-- I'm a direct-lung kinda guy-- so I don't have a solid recommendation on tap. Somebody will be along shortly, I'm sure.
Thanks suprtrkr, I guess I'll have to experience direct lung to determine what works for me, did you start on direct lung? so you never smoked?

Ready for whole new experience tho, I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised :blush:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well you have the will power to succeed. A pack a week, really?
You have to decide if you want mtl, mouth to lung, which closely mimics the draw on a cig. Or dtl, direct to lung which will more closely mimic the lung feel of a cig. Most go with mtl for draw. I usually recommend a tank that will come close to either.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
I think ew tank is a rather unfortunate name for a tank, or is it just me? lol
I seem to be having an issue with my keyboard and some of the letters are not getting keyed in. Time for a new laptop when I have to break my nails to get the letters to key properly and then I have to do the old finger poke and type like a beginning typist. :grr:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I seem to be having an issue with my keyboard and some of the letters are not getting keyed in. Time for a new laptop when I have to break my nails to get the letters to key properly and then I have to do the old finger poke and type like a beginning typist. :grr:
Sorry no sympathy here. I never learned to type and only finger poke. I love my nails so do a lot of backspacing. :D

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Ready for whole new experience tho, I hope I'll be pleasantly surprised

Um... I've been vaping for years, still can't (and don't really want to) direct inhale. Just sayin'. I highly recommend you start slowly, MTL, lower wattage, reliable kit. You can always switch to DH/higher wattages if MTL is not enough...

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Thanks gofishtx, would you suggest using tank? I heard RDA gives better experience but tanks are easier? I gotta get my hands on them to know..
RDA wouldn't be good to start on. Probably start with mouth to lung but get a tank that you can advance with. A set-up I got for my cousin who only smokes a pack a week is the Eleaf I stick Pico with the Mello Tank. You can close the airflow for a tighter draw closer to sucking a milkshake or open the airflow for a more open Direct lung. Plus you can pick these up for under $30 about $8 for a good battery and you can charge it thru the USB. This would get you started for under $40 and then I would start your Juice around 6mg -8 mg nic.
Get the Pico 25 for a little bit more and you can fit any tank you want in the future.

Last edited:

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Sorry no sympathy here. I never learned to type and only finger poke. I love my nails so do a lot of backspacing. :D
Ha, I'm a florist so I don't actually have nails long enough to break, but if I did, this keyboard would tear them up.

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
RDA wouldn't be good to start on. Probably start with mouth to lung but get a tank that you can advance with. A set-up I got for my cousin who only smokes a pack a week is the Eleaf I stick Pico with the Mello Tank. You can close the airflow for a tighter draw closer to sucking a milkshake or open the airflow for a more open Direct lung. Plus you can pick these up for under $30 about $8 for a good battery and you can charge it thru the USB. This would get you started for under $40 and then I would start your Juice around 6mg -8 mg nic.

Agreed. Another very versatile tank with even more room to grow is the Kanger Subtank mini--tons of premade coils to choose from (power and TC), easy RBA deck, and can be easily adapted to MTL vaping. I use Aspire BVC coils (non-Nautilus) in my STM for a perfect MTL experience. :sneaky:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread