what's the highest voltage you vaped on and what resistance was your coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed Kindred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, Texas, United States
I'm using the MVP so I can adj volts & watts. With the Vision Spinners most of the juices work good @ 3.8 V. I also use Kanger Protank 2's. Especially with the MVP I start out very low. It's easy to go up on voltage. It's a matter of personal preference but if you start to high & get a burnt taste it's difficult to tell when you've turned it down enough & you'll end up changing juice , coil & starting over so start low & move up gradually.

jasden

Jul 24, 2014
Guam
earlier i was vaping Blackcurrant in a .6ohm RDA at 50watts and it tastes incredible yet my Aerotank Mega with a 1.5ohm coil i only vape at 15 watts it's all subjective and trial and error to find the right amount of power and taste for you imo.

Exactly what I wanted to do. I want to try gettiv into the vv and/or vw to adjust to taste. Im more into the "what satifies my tatse buds" kinda thing and vapor production or cloud chasing is just a plus. Theres times when I want to mess around and just try to blow as much clouds as I can just to mess around. I love tasting the flavor of the juices.

Budkiss

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Alabama
I got the ipv2 and tried it on several tanks with coils ranging from .3 to 3.0. My sweet spot is 1.5-1.7 at 10-15 watts.

I did through my patriot dripper on with a 1 ohm build at 30 and 50 watts. It was intense and hot. (it fired up super quick)

I am more of a mouth to lung hit guy but i did show it to three local shops and all three guys (cloud chasers) tossed on their fancy dripper at 50 watts and it was pretty amazing.

I don't see (me) running a tank at 50 watts.
A RDA (dripper) with the right build and a strong VG juice, sure.

Mercy404

May 14, 2014
USA
Thanks for the reply. Keep it coming im pretty sure somebody will find this usefull one day. So sub ohming is not needed if voltage goes up? Cant wait to try it out.

The whole point of sub-Ohming is to increase the total power, or the wattage. With a mech it always throws the battery's natural voltage at your coil (4.2v fully charged to 3.4v at the lowest before you have to swap batteries). The way you control wattage in a mech is by increasing or decreasing the resistance by building new coils. With regulated mods, they're capable of providing voltages above (and some below) the battery's natural state. Instead of building a 0.35 Ohm coil to get to 50 watts when your mech dumps the 4.2v from a fresh battery into it, a regulated box may provide 7v to a 1 Ohm coil to get to 50 watts. One alleged advantage of regulated mods is that by allowing you to use a higher resistance coil to get to the same wattage, that power is spread out over a larger surface area, creating more vapor and flavor.

I'm just starting out with rebuildables. With my Kanger v.3 and 2.0 ohm coils the most wattage I could use without burnt hits was 7 watts, and more often than not I used 6.0-6.5 watts.

With my Kayfun and Taifun clones I'm using a 1.7 Ohm coils and vaping between 9 and 10 watts. NICE flavor for me; good vapor (I'm not a cloud chaser, although I like to watch the videos...). I usually vape 100 %VG in various tobacco flavors.

Still have a lot to learn, but loving all this!

Brian

Tmg666

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2014
Green bay, Wisconsin
1ohm with a 12v car battery :D

kidding.... Im happy with 1.5ohms and stick around 3.1 -3.4 volts on mt Provari Mini
You laugh now lol 12volts is terrible. Was at a b&m that had a ehooka and one of the workers had us try it (put your atty on it basically). Well he explained it had vw. So set it to 12 (what we thought was watts) and bam dead coil head in my iclear30 tank lol. Not to mention the worst vape I ever had. Did try it with a different tank after switching it to watts haha

monkey39

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Texas
I'm just getting into rebuildables, so my current default setup is still my Protank 3 with airflow, 2.1 ohm, on my Vamo V5 at 8w. For rebuildables atomizers (not drippers), from what I've read, how high you can go on voltage/wattage depends a lot on how fast juice gets fed to the wick and coil. Higher v/w = hotter coils = faster juice usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread