What's the cheapest kit to get started on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
With all that's out there, my head is spinning. I want to just start with a very minimal kit, just something I can plug into my computer to charge up, preferably that uses e-juice rather than disposable cartridges that I would have to continuously buy. I just want something to help me get familiar with the real thing (been using store bought disposables so far), without making a huge investment, as I continue to research what would be a good, top quality kit to invest in. Any advice would be appreciated. (Not asking about the juice; it seems easy enough to find juices.)

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
larger mah= longer battery life

The first upgrade most have made is to buy a glass protank to the set ups...then it just blooms from there. Please be aware that Fast tech sells both original and knock offs ...it is a really good idea to know what version you are buying. IE Kanger Protank vs protank. Some of the knock offs perform well (others are garbage read reviews and suggestions on FT site and ask questions here)I strongly suggest purchasing coils/heads/and Mod Batteries here in the USA.

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago
larger mah= longer battery life

The first upgrade most have made is to buy a glass protank to the set ups...then it just blooms from there. Please be aware that Fast tech sells both original and knock offs ...it is a really good idea to know what version you are buying. IE Kanger Protank vs protank. Some of the knock offs perform well (others are garbage read reviews and suggestions on FT site and ask questions here)I strongly suggest purchasing coils/heads/and Mod Batteries here in the USA.

Thanks for the heads up.

vaperature

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2013
Chicago

cmdebrecht

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
I bought this kit for my friend who was just starting out, and one for me because it's a great deal :)
Here's a bonus, one of my friend's batteries wasn't holding a charge for very long, so she ecig best save. com. They sent out a replacement with a postage paid envelope to send the other one back. I Love these Kanger products.

Kanger E-VOD Starter kit, Kanger EVOD clearomizer, Kanger eVod Cartomizer

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    something I can plug into my computer to charge up

This is usually not endorsed. A lot of ecig chargers require more power than a computer USB port can provide and serious damage can ensue.

To me more helpful, I second the Discount Vapers kit using the Joye Twists and Evods.

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Just moving off cig-a-likes something in the 650mah range will generally last a full day or more. For more seasoned vapers it may only kast 6hrs.
    VV makes a nice experience difference allowing you to decide on Vape temperature rather than being restricted by coil resistance. I would suggest moving to 900mah or higher in a VV simply for reserve capacity. Higher output will reduce usable time.

ETA - with a decent charger and reliable PC - USB charging it not the terror some may think.
    I build my own PC gear and i have used port charging for over a year without issues. It is not the same as demanding power for a pass-through setup.

Last edited:

vaperature

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago

vaperature

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 8, 2013
    Chicago
    OK in one of the comments at the kanger site says:

My husband and I both switched to the Kanger eVod and are loving it. The battery life is great and it's been a whole week without needed a coil change.

Could someone please explain the "coil change". When I get a kit, does it come with extra coils, do I need to purchase extra coils, how does that work?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread