What's the (continuing) attraction of mechanical mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm sorry I didn't read the whole thread, only the op.
My attraction is mostly the price. The mods I have bought are inexpensive compared to vv/vw. Although I recognize that a vv/vw is more advanced and therefore potentially superior, I just can't bring myself to spend the money. I've had mech mods break down and it's either a) a quick trip to home depot or b) a new one at $40-60. It's sort of like expensive sunglasses. Sure, you think they're awesome...until someone sits on them :(

There's also a small amount of fear and apprehension. Will I not like a vv/vw and be sad I spent $200? Will it break just as easily?
I have bad luck and I also don't take care of things the way I should. So if it breaks, it's most likely my fault. Plus, I have a small mod and I carry it in my pocket everywhere I go. Size matters.
Trust me, you're better of skipping the last few pages or so. They have nothing to do with the topic.

I use both regulated mods and mechs. Used mechs almost exclusively until I got my first high wattage regulated sometime in the autumn, and after that I've barely touched them.

Until about a week ago. Whipped out my Hammer clone with a Kayfun 3.1, then my brass Stingray with brass Tobh and Paragon with copper Quasar. Love 'em, though my going out mods will still be regulated devices.

Mechs look far better than any regulated devices I've seen, and they are more sturdy. When traveling I usually have a spare mech with me, just in case. They do require more attention to keep in good working condition so they are not simpler in that regard.

VIPOD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
NB,Canada
This is how I see it.....

jwtq4.jpg

beejium

Mar 25, 2015
Cortland NY
Misunderstanding of police state? You get caught with any device that is unfamiliar to the police. you get arrested, lose your device until it is proven that it does contain narcotics or an IED. If you get through that you still have to pay more than what it is wort to get your mod back. And if u get it back it will most likely be broken beyond repair.

Last edited:

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Cant back up what you say, noone cares what you think ;)

And last i heard people were dying from the last round of defects at toyota

Daiwoo went under becuase the owner cooked the books while spending the money on alcohol, yachts and strippers. Sounds like a disciplined individual there huh

Honda recalls (exploding blocks!?!?say what?)
Honda Recalls - Honda Safety & Defect Recall News

Toyoya recalls (fuel leaks causing fires? Nooooooooo)
Toyota Recalls - Toyota Safety & Defect Recall News

Subaru recalls( brake lines failing?? Say it isnt so!!!!)
Subaru Recalls - Subaru Safety & Defect Recall News

Nissan recalls
"Over 6 million vehicles are involved in the Takata airbag recalls"
Nissan Recalls - Nissan Safety & Defect Recall News

I dont think ill continue, your doing a great job sounding like an a## all by yourself.

Pretty odd that with all that attention to detail mercedes is experiencing exploding growth in the japanese market

メルセデス・ベンツ日本公式サイト - ENGLISH - Mercedes-Benz Japan

Funniest part is is drinking on the job there is quite common

The Toyota incident was a dreamt up conspiracy to knock Toyota down a few notches, you can't let a foreign auto maker dethrone Detroit, plus the part in question was made by an US contractor for Toyota, none of the Japanese made parts were affected. Just look at the timing and the amount of resources the US government use to make their case. Right after the 2008 financial fiasco and bail out of the Small 2, dam they even got NASA involved was clear sign this was a staged act ! While GM's current fatal $0.52 ignition switch defect which caused 10s and 100s of death falls on deaf ear when minor media coverage to not alarm the consumers so they can continue to buy rust buckets from the Small 3 !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread