What's the customs situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sascha

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
NW Indiana
SAS--It means it is in shipping and will hit your door in about 5-7 days---faster then ordering from Johnson Creek!!! --Sun
Well, with all due respect (and I mean that sincerely, I've learned alot from your posts:)), I ordered 11 days ago. 5-7 days will put me at 16-18 days. I'm not fond of JC products, but my first order was from them and it arrived 4 days from order, and that counts me placing the order late at night.

I'm just reading other posts regarding getting product 5-8 days after ordering and wondering what is different for me. My notations say nothing about customs, so I would assume that is not the issue. If I am reading correctly, it appears that my order was not taken to "the post office" in China until the 5th? I may be wrong in that assumption, but I'm new to ordering with Eastmall.

Like I said, my trueman and ruyan orders were placed a day earlier and have arrived already......

Just wondering if this is isolated and why it happened....So I can make my best decision on providers for future orders.

Well, with all due respect (and I mean that sincerely, I've learned alot from your posts:)), I ordered 11 days ago. 5-7 days will put me at 16-18 days. I'm not fond of JC products, but my first order was from them and it arrived 4 days from order, and that counts me placing the order late at night.

I'm just reading other posts regarding getting product 5-8 days after ordering and wondering what is different for me. My notations say nothing about customs, so I would assume that is not the issue. If I am reading correctly, it appears that my order was not taken to "the post office" in China until the 5th? I may be wrong in that assumption, but I'm new to ordering with Eastmall.

Like I said, my trueman and ruyan orders were placed a day earlier and have arrived already......

Just wondering if this is isolated and why it happened....So I can make my best decision on providers for future orders.

To be honest with you, I'm probably not the best person to answer the question, but I've been waiting since the 27th (when my package left China) and it just got into the states yesterday. I'm sure they got the package to the post office directly after the order had been placed, however because of the holidays, some postmen were probably quite lazy and decided to let a few thousand packages sit around for awhile. Unfortunately your package was probably close to the back of the line if it had taken that long to initially leave China. As for me... how did it take 8 days to get to the states on an AIRPLANE?!?! I don't see the logic rather than lazy postmen who got the holidays off and said 'Yeah!!! Lets just leave the rest on the plane, see if it gets sent back to us when we come back to work!!' :lol:

sascha

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
NW Indiana
To be honest with you, I'm probably not the best person to answer the question, but I've been waiting since the 27th (when my package left China) and it just got into the states yesterday. I'm sure they got the package to the post office directly after the order had been placed, however because of the holidays, some postmen were probably quite lazy and decided to let a few thousand packages sit around for awhile. Unfortunately your package was probably close to the back of the line if it had taken that long to initially leave China. As for me... how did it take 8 days to get to the states on an AIRPLANE?!?! I don't see the logic rather than lazy postmen who got the holidays off and said 'Yeah!!! Lets just leave the rest on the plane, see if it gets sent back to us when we come back to work!!' :lol:

Thanks for the response. I had placed an order from ruyan the day before and it went like this:

2009-05-27 08:31:00 JIADING Posting  
2009-05-27 09:28:00 1844 Despatch from Sorting Center   2009-05-27 15:04:51 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center  
2009-05-27 18:56:41 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center  
2009-05-29 15:25:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USORDA Arrival at Sorting Center  
2009-05-29 15:26:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USORDA Handed over to Customs  
2009-05-30 08:43:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA USORDA Released from Customs  
2009-05-31 10:14:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA XXXXX
Arrival at Delivery Office  
2009-06-01 10:52:00 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA XXXXX Delivery

It just appears that the initial post is when it was delivered locally to the mail process. And if that is the case, Eastmall didn't even send my product until 6/5. Someone else mentioned they order 5/31 and had already received it. I'm just wondering why that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread