What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm trying to grasp being 3/4 of a century old and realizing I won't be around for the finish of that last quarter. My gf's that she visited every few weeks to do some housekeeping and visit didn't make it. He passed away the previous weekend and she went to his funeral last week.

Darn, been gone for a little bit. Like having a new baby, having a 2 year old "puppy" is quite demanding. I've been taking him to a local dog park any time it's dry enough. Walk him around the baseball fields and then take him into the enclosed area. There was a 25lb Scotty there one day that just chased him growling and barking as he ran around and jumped over him. Then a 75lb one-year-old Shepherd that after a couple laps around had him laying beside me ready to go. I think the size and speed had him a bit intimidated.

Today, for the first time, I let him loose next door with his 60lb girl and they had a ball running around chasing each other. They've wanted that for a long time. Unfortunately, Jake caught a whiff of the dogs next door and off he went. I had to chase him down. The end of off leash until I get an electric fence established or I get him trained to listen when called.

I picked up a can of Camel Mint this morning since I forgot my can when I went out. I really didn't need to but I was curious. It really wasn't as sweet as I remember but a far cry from General and at over $8 for a can, ridiculous.

The electric issue was due to using the poke holes rather than tightening the wire on the post. It was obvious when I pulled the outlet as the common wire was discolored. I should have worked on it during the day the first time and taken my time. I had a problem with a GFI that fed electric to my pond also. That really was a pain. I ended up replacing the box and shortening the wires, just to get the new GFI into the box. That was a two tripper to HD. The new face cover was supposed to attach to the same two screws that held the GFI but it wasn't tight to the box that way so I needed four screws that attached to the box itself. Came out nice after two days and two trips.

I don't know why, after the ECF upgrade, every time you backspace, you also lose the paragraph spacing. Grrrr

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I’m glad you figured it out. I don’t remember if I mentioned it here but got up one morning and the outlets on one side of the kitchen were dead. I had a similar result as you Roth. When installed the wires were pushed in instead of being wrapped but even after putting them on it didn’t work. The Gfci was actually bad so I replaced both of the ones in the kitchen.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I’m curious to hear what you find.

I’m glad you figured it out. I don’t remember if I mentioned it here but got up one morning and the outlets on one side of the kitchen were dead. I had a similar result as you Roth. When installed the wires were pushed in instead of being wrapped but even after putting them on it didn’t work. The Gfci was actually bad so I replaced both of the ones in the kitchen.

That was the pond issue but that was easy to analyze since the GFI (yeah a "c" belongs there but I think ground fault indicator) was exposed to the weather since they resided the house. They never put the cover on the box and I never complained about it. I just needed screws, I thought, but never remembered to buy them.
    Then when I needed to replace the GFI, I started with the old box, got it all together and found they didn't put the cover on because the strip on the sone side of the box where you screwed it together was hosed, part of the repair fiasco.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Well I broke out a can of 2018 Thunder Raspberry tonight, Mmm so Good. Now down to just 4 cans in the freezer, really wish they would bring it back, but I guess that is just wishful thinking.
    I think I have a few cans deep in my freezer. I agree, I wish they would come back with it. It was my first snus of the day for a long time.

Reactions: Burnie

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I just read that Phillip Morris bought Swedish Match. I didn’t know SM had a manufacturing facility in Virginia.
    The back of the cans I bought last year says manufactured in Sweden and distributed by Swedish Match from Richmond VA.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Did they get back to you Hitt?
    Yes finally about 4:15 and said I should come to urgent care so they could do a strep test. I waited a long time but they finally got me in and did the test. It was negative which is good and I got some good information from the doctor while there. It was the second time I’ve seen this doctor and decided to ask her to take me on as a primary. The one I was assigned after mine retired just wasn’t that great and had been looking for a new one. This doctor took her time explaining things to me and said I was eligible for one of the Covid medications but didn’t recommend it since my symptoms weren’t that bad.

• Optimistic

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    So the sore throat went away Monday but my five days wasn't up until Tuesday so came back to work yesterday. I feel fairly good with still some residual sinus drainage. My energy level is reduced some but not to the point where I can't do my job. I have just been taking little breaks here and there when I need to.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Well, I played plumber today. Kitchen sink has been running slow lately and almost not running at all this week. Best investment ever is that HF, Bauer power snake, much better than the Rigid I bought earlier that wouldn't go around tight bends. I'm probably going to sell the Rigid as the only place I'd use it is to clean out the vents on the roof and I think my days climbing on the roof are an ancient memory.

There was a ton of sediment in the pipe, hopefully built up over the 40 plus years since the house was built. If it takes another 40 years, that will be fine with me.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I'm still having a little residual sinus stuff from having Covid but it's better each day. I still don't feel like my energy level is back to normal but that's better too.

I had planned to work more on our master bathroom while I was off but ended up being sick most of the time. I really want to get the vanity painted and new hardware on it. Unfortunately all the medical bills came in from when my wife hurt her back so that will put a new vanity top for the bathroom on hold for a while longer. Just can't afford it all. I kind of wish now that we had gotten the entire vanity replaced before we had the new floor put in. If we did it now then I'd have to take out the old one and have the floor guys come back and fill in some to make up for the size difference.

Users who are viewing this thread