hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I keep my old iphone at work without a sim card in it for streaming XM radio at work. I came in this morning and my phone was locked and couldn't even attempt to enter the passcode. It's like someone tried multiple times to enter a passcode until it locked. Doesn't make any sense because it was working when I left work yesterday and no one would have been messing with my phone on my desk.

• Sad
    Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I keep my old iphone at work without a sim card in it for streaming XM radio at work. I came in this morning and my phone was locked and couldn't even attempt to enter the passcode. It's like someone tried multiple times to enter a passcode until it locked. Doesn't make any sense because it was working when I left work yesterday and no one would have been messing with my phone on my desk.
    Don't use an iPhone, but a quick search turned up this, might help.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Don't use an iPhone, but a quick search turned up this, might help.

I saw that. I have no idea how it happened. I seriously doubt anyone here at work would come in and try to unlock my old phone. I had the screen replaced on it once and about six months later part of the new screen stopped responding to touch so I just use it to stream music and got a new one. I finally got it to restore through itunes but then couldn't type in my password because some of the letters are in the dead space on the screen. I finally got it by using the one handed keyboard option.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Dam, it was going good today. Went to my moms for my birthday, had a good steak dinner, a good visit with mom and my brother, then this afternoon it seemed hot in the house, the air handler was not blowing air, temp was 85 degrees in the house. Checked the compressor and it was running but freezing up, so I shut it down. Checked if it would run on just fan, nope, does not blow at all. Then I called my a/c guy, no responce after 50 min, so I text him, 2 hours later he text back that he was injured and I need to call the office in the morning as he is off work. Turned into a sucky birthday.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Dam, it was going good today. Went to my moms for my birthday, had a good steak dinner, a good visit with mom and my brother, then this afternoon it seemed hot in the house, the air handler was not blowing air, temp was 85 degrees in the house. Checked the compressor and it was running but freezing up, so I shut it down. Checked if it would run on just fan, nope, does not blow at all. Then I called my a/c guy, no responce after 50 min, so I text him, 2 hours later he text back that he was injured and I need to call the office in the morning as he is off work. Turned into a sucky birthday.
    Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get it fixed soon.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hvac issues aren't fun. I got a portable ac unit on wheels for just a few hundred dollars last time mine went out. Just wheel to the window for venting quickly and easily. Also helps boosting things when main unit needs help.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I’m glad things are smoothing out for you with the dog. I just finished putting up a new ceiling fan in the master bedroom. It’s noble bronze in color with blades that look like barn wood. The lights have these plastic cages around them. I’ve had it for 2-3 weeks waiting for a 12” downrod that I had to order online. First time it was shipped in a brown paper envelope and was delivered empty without the rod inside. Second time they wised up and shipped it in a box.

Well it was the blower motor that was bad, with the weekend call, it was $900 and it is working again. :) and :(
    Darn, that was a pretty costly failure. Like everything else these days, nothing's cheap.

In the keyboard settings there’s an option for left or right where it shrinks the keyboard and moves it to either the left or right side of the screen.
    Hitt, I tried to find something like that on Android and found nothing si, I suppose it's an Apple thing.

I got my biggest Vine thing I'm working on putting together, a wall mounted Giraffe Tools 2200PSI Pressure Washer Plus+. It's got a 100 foot hose so plenty of distance around my driveway. I'm gathering the stuff to install it but excited to see how it works.

Last week, I got a Greenworks 24V Brushless 10" Pole Saw/20" Pole Hedge Trimmer that I really was looking forward to trying as we've been invaded by sticker bushes over the last several years. I took it next door because he's wanted to clean out an area and get rid of a tree that was broken but the bushes were a no walk zone. The machine worked great compared to everything else I've tried. I went thru the whole area so fast that I went back and grabbed my eGo Chainsaw and cut up the two trees that needed to come down.

Last edited:

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Evening, boys. Has anyone been able to use the forum on Tapatalk lately? I gave up on it months ago, but wouldn't mind checking the forum every now and then on break.
    As far as I know it doesn’t work and they don’t plan on making it work.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Hi FC!!

Haven't seen you on here for ages although there's not much being posted anyway other than bad stuff. I even avoided some of that these past couple weeks.
    Yes, this thread has really slowed down but I always check it. In the early days we were all trying different snus and talking about it but now we’ve gotten into our routine and know what we like. Also snuff was a big topic for a while. I looked in a drawer at work and found a bunch of old snuff. I’ve quit using it for a long time now and have been contemplating throwing it out. I don’t know if it’s even good anymore.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Yeah, same here. The snuff was really good at getting at those nagging, "I really need a cigarette" days. They're really a long time ago. I've got some hanging around here too, somewhere.
    I bought a lot of snuff back then trying different kinds. As you know a little goes a long way and I’ve still got a ton left.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I finally can talk bout this. A couple weeks ago, I was helping my next door neighbor put a metal roof on his old shed from pieces of metal left when his roof was put on. We needed some supplies si he went to get them and I went home to get tools we were going to need.

He got back as I was just finishing up loading my trailer with stuff, My gf decided to go over and give his dog a treat. I had just opened a path between the two houses, to enable his rescue and mine get between the two properties as my Labradoodle and his are just amazing together. His dog had been over on my property with the little ones a few times with no incident. he Malchis (combo Maltese/Chi mix) barked a lot but everything was Cool.

Well, my gf decided to go over and make friends with Sugar, taking a rawhide bone over, I opened the gate to let Jake, the Labradoodle, off the deck to go over too and the little ones went out at the same time. I heard yelling and screaming and then, "Sugar killed Gizmo".

Apparently Gizmo, the smallest dog with no teeth, followed Joan onto my neighbor's property. That was the first time either f the little ones ever left the property. It was his last action. He was still alive and I rushed him to the vet but, he was gone by the time we got there.

My gf, who was bit twice when she was younger, has been psycho ever since. I've been torn between the loss of my dog and the fact that I would have taken her if anything happened to my neighbor. Both of them wanted to put her down and I calmed them down. I do want to have Sugar DNA'd to find out more about her instincts but I have a feeling it was caused by not introducing them properly and territorial protection. It's just sucked.

• Sad

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I’m really sorry about that Roth. You are right. That sucks! We had a neighbor a few years ago that couldn’t keep their gate closed and their dog kept coming into our yard. One time it attacked our dog and I had to pull them apart. Later that day the neighbor came over to apologize. After so many times of their dog being in our yard, I told him the next time I would call animal control and file a complaint. It didn’t happen again.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I finally bit the bullet and ordered a rather large shipment of snus from Sweden. Do you guys freeze your excess or do you keep it all in the fridge?
    I freeze mine. I don’t have one but supposedly a vacuum sealer is the best to use. I just use ziplock freezer bags and remove as much air as possible. I take out a half roll at a time.

Users who are viewing this thread