What's under your lip/in your nose right now? - Part 2

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I finally bit the bullet and ordered a rather large shipment of snus from Sweden. Do you guys freeze your excess or do you keep it all in the fridge?

I freeze mine. I don’t have one but supposedly a vacuum sealer is the best to use. I just use ziplock freezer bags and remove as much air as possible. I take out a half roll at a time.
I vacuum seal and freeze most of it, but I leave a few months worth just in the fridge.

Reactions: hittman

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Howdy snusers. What’s everyone been up to? I changed the controller in my pellet grill this weekend. My display went blank after just a year so pit boss sent me a new one under warranty since it has a five year warranty. It was a bit of a pain to remove the old one since it had three clips on top and bottom. You have to take the bottom panel off and work from underneath which isn’t ideal. Once I got the new one installed then it wouldn’t connect to the app. They changed apps so had to download a new one and let it update the grill. I did get it working and made some really good ribs yesterday.

Reactions: Burnie

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Is it this dead in here or am I missing messages? I keep popping up at the first message and have a hard time getting to the latest one with an out of memory message but I'm only using 48% so I'm not sure what is going on.

Can't find how to change last to first in this redesigned ECF. grrrr

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Is it this dead in here or am I missing messages? I keep popping up at the first message and have a hard time getting to the latest one with an out of memory message but I'm only using 48% so I'm not sure what is going on.

Can't find how to change last to first in this redesigned ECF. grrrr
    Not much posting going on this thread at all. I was going to make a post the other day then forgot. We got bought out at my work and the extra responsibilities have me hopping. Not to mention I don’t know if they are monitoring our internet usage so I’m trying to be careful.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    Well after getting a couple of emails from Snus suppliers of a possible UPS Strike the end of the month, I decided to go ahead and get my yearly order now to be on the safe side. Got another couple of months worth in stock, but didn't want to risk it if they Do go on strike not being able to get Snus shipped to the US. Would have gotten it in a month or so anyway.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Well after getting a couple of emails from Snus suppliers of a possible UPS Strike the end of the month, I decided to go ahead and get my yearly order now to be on the safe side. Got another couple of months worth in stock, but didn't want to risk it if they Do go on strike not being able to get Snus shipped to the US. Would have gotten it in a month or so anyway.
    I checked my stock yesterday and I’m down to a roll and a half of general but have plenty of Jakobsson so I’m probably going to place an order this week.

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    I went back and checked snuscentral and they did have the extra two cans per roll deal so went ahead and placed an order.
    That's Strange, the 10+2 is there for me, guess they just like me. :)

1689874792700.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    My snuscentral order arrived today already. I love their fast shipping. I got three rolls of general, a roll of Jakobsson mint, and a few cans of the 77 nicotine pouches. They have some pretty good flavors. I did get the free six cans of general.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    That sounds interesting Hitt, I might try a roll the next time I make an order.

I've got some health news as well as a funny story to go along with it. After over 25 years of staying out of a doc's office, y\they finally got me. Last November or December I was having trouble seeing the cards at the far end of our Saturday poker game and figured I better get my eyes examined since it's been a few years since my last script. I went to American's Best since you get two pair of glasses plus an exam for about $80. She's checking my eyes and asks if I'm going to have my cataracts taken care of. Surprise,, surprise.

So about a month ago, I decided it was time to have them looked at by an Ophthalmologist. I looked for one with the best reviews in the area and set up an appointment. Yesterday, I went in and had my right eyer operated on with my left scheduled for the first week of October,

Anyway, I'm sitting there in pre-op having my blood pressure taken (another story, but the white coated drug pushers are going to have their way) and the anesthesiologist getting ready to do her thing, I realize I forgot to remove the snus out from under my lip. That was after she had me open my mouth wide and have me sign that , if I died, it wasn't her fault.

I panicked. Should I tell her or get it out and into my pocket. I went for my pants. When she was distracted, I made my move, not thinking that I had a hospital robe wrapped around me, tied in the back. Should I just swallow it or try to negotiate my way to my pocket. I went for the pocket and after some sly navigation, I safely tucked it away, I thought.

When the operation was over, I was back in the post op area putting the rest of my clothing back on and I remembered the snus. I reached in my pocket and didn't find it. I looked around on the floor, nothing. I didn't realize that I wasn't in the same area I started out in. I figured it fell out either in pre-op or the operating room.

This morning, I was over at my neighbor's house having coffee and letting the dogs play and told the story. I told him about the experience and stood up and reached in my pocket like I did post-op. It was actually there the whole time. At least there wasn't going to be any questions from the doctor at my 8AM appointment this morning.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    That sounds interesting Hitt, I might try a roll the next time I make an order.

I've got some health news as well as a funny story to go along with it. After over 25 years of staying out of a doc's office, y\they finally got me. Last November or December I was having trouble seeing the cards at the far end of our Saturday poker game and figured I better get my eyes examined since it's been a few years since my last script. I went to American's Best since you get two pair of glasses plus an exam for about $80. She's checking my eyes and asks if I'm going to have my cataracts taken care of. Surprise,, surprise.

So about a month ago, I decided it was time to have them looked at by an Ophthalmologist. I looked for one with the best reviews in the area and set up an appointment. Yesterday, I went in and had my right eyer operated on with my left scheduled for the first week of October,

Anyway, I'm sitting there in pre-op having my blood pressure taken (another story, but the white coated drug pushers are going to have their way) and the anesthesiologist getting ready to do her thing, I realize I forgot to remove the snus out from under my lip. That was after she had me open my mouth wide and have me sign that , if I died, it wasn't her fault.

I panicked. Should I tell her or get it out and into my pocket. I went for my pants. When she was distracted, I made my move, not thinking that I had a hospital robe wrapped around me, tied in the back. Should I just swallow it or try to negotiate my way to my pocket. I went for the pocket and after some sly navigation, I safely tucked it away, I thought.

When the operation was over, I was back in the post op area putting the rest of my clothing back on and I remembered the snus. I reached in my pocket and didn't find it. I looked around on the floor, nothing. I didn't realize that I wasn't in the same area I started out in. I figured it fell out either in pre-op or the operating room.

This morning, I was over at my neighbor's house having coffee and letting the dogs play and told the story. I told him about the experience and stood up and reached in my pocket like I did post-op. It was actually there the whole time. At least there wasn't going to be any questions from the doctor at my 8AM appointment this morning.

Great story! I really enjoyed the cola and miss it. I’ll definitely get a roll next time. I just won’t need to order for quite a while now.

I took a vacation day yesterday to take my wife to her first colonoscopy. I did the cologuard thing so didn’t know what to expect. When she was in post op the nurse came out to tell me everything was good and proceeded to show me pictures from the procedure. I didn’t expect that.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    Great story! I really enjoyed the cola and miss it. I’ll definitely get a roll next time. I just won’t need to order for quite a while now.

I took a vacation day yesterday to take my wife to her first colonoscopy. I did the cologuard thing so didn’t know what to expect. When she was in post op the nurse came out to tell me everything was good and proceeded to show me pictures from the procedure. I didn’t expect that.

LOL, When I was working, we were in the UK going around with Sales Reps seeing how they used a system we rolled out to the field. The guy I was with said he had a surprise for me in the afternoon. We went into an OR to watch one in process. What a treat! I decided right then that i'd pass on having one of my own.

When I got my first doctor I've been to over the last 25 years three weeks ago (I needed an exam and lab work to get the cataract surgery), he brought up a colonoscopy. I said negative and he quickly agreed with me since I'm well past the age that would have helped anyway. We got on the same page very quickly.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    I placed a small order with snuscentral tonight. I got rolls of the cola vanilla and jakobsson melon which I’ve been missing. I also grabbed a few cans of different nicotine pouches to try. They are nice to break up the monotony of my mint rotation.

rothenbj

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2009
    Green Lane, Pa
    I placed a small order with snuscentral tonight. I got rolls of the cola vanilla and jakobsson melon which I’ve been missing. I also grabbed a few cans of different nicotine pouches to try. They are nice to break up the monotony of my mint rotation.
    Wow, I just saw my banner, working my way to 14 years in Feb. Time is certainly flying. I'm getting to the point that I'll need to start thinking of ordering again. It's probably been thre years for me and I'm still working out of my freezer. I got sticker shock the last time I bought. lol Afraid to look now.

Well, I'm a half week from being able to bend over and lift things heavier than, either 10 or 20 pounds, I can't remember what they said. it's been a long month.

I got my new vision installed and trying to get used to the new vision. My fears of how cataract surgery would work with my overly active eye lids wasn't an issue in the OR. Whatever they do. They got the new lenses in without losing an eye. lol
    It's the best I can see since 5th grade. There was a sacrifice though as I definitely need reading glasses, We went over the options and that seemed to be the best. I certainly don't need glasses for driving and I started with 2.5X readers which worked great for reading but not great on my laptop. 1.25X fixed that issue.

I got lucky on the shap of my lense area. Both eyes only cost $300 for the operations. It could have been up to $8,500. I still sometimes have some wake up issues. My eyes were burning a bit this morning for a couple hours but it's only once in a while and getting less frequent.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Wow, I just saw my banner, working my way to 14 years in Feb. Time is certainly flying. I'm getting to the point that I'll need to start thinking of ordering again. It's probably been thre years for me and I'm still working out of my freezer. I got sticker shock the last time I bought. lol Afraid to look now.

Well, I'm a half week from being able to bend over and lift things heavier than, either 10 or 20 pounds, I can't remember what they said. it's been a long month.

I got my new vision installed and trying to get used to the new vision. My fears of how cataract surgery would work with my overly active eye lids wasn't an issue in the OR. Whatever they do. They got the new lenses in without losing an eye. lol
    It's the best I can see since 5th grade. There was a sacrifice though as I definitely need reading glasses, We went over the options and that seemed to be the best. I certainly don't need glasses for driving and I started with 2.5X readers which worked great for reading but not great on my laptop. 1.25X fixed that issue.

I got lucky on the shap of my lense area. Both eyes only cost $300 for the operations. It could have been up to $8,500. I still sometimes have some wake up issues. My eyes were burning a bit this morning for a couple hours but it's only once in a while and getting less frequent.
    I’ve been ordering 1-2 times a year. This latest order was just for fun stuff to break up the monotony. It arrived fast as usual. The 77 nic pouches hit pretty hard but the flavor is really good and lasts a long time.

I’m glad you’re recovering well. I ran a little on the treadmill this morning for the first time in several months. At first my hamstring and knee hurt when I first injured my right leg. The hamstring stopped hurting but the knee thing was lingering but mostly just hurt from impact if I tried to run. I think it’s finally healing. If not then walking will be difficult tomorrow from today’s exercise. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

Users who are viewing this thread