What's your best newb/like mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
"Priming" a carto for a DCT tank (this was almost a year ago) and following the Smok visual instructions (the ones from the MBV website).

I had no clue what "priming" meant, so I only "primed" it with about four to five drops, then loaded up the tank like the pictures showed. Had NO idea why every single carto tasted like melted plastic. "These things SUCK!" I swear, I went through six or seven cartos before someone at my local B&M taught me how to successfully prime them. "You mean AT LEAST forty to fifty drops?!"

Now I no longer count the drops, I just drip and flick until juice comes out of the little hole at the bottom...

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
" I got hosed at the mall..why didn't you warn me ?"

" I Did "

LMAO

Thinking/insisting that it had to look like a cig and taste like a cig or it wouldn't work for me. When i first joined ECF it was months before i realized that e-cig alikes was a mistake for me.

I was a slow learner but now i know the truth after over a year of vaping.The truth is if you don't try something how will you find out your true preferences :)

Now when i look at this vid someone made on youtube i can laugh at myself and say been there done that :D

Last edited:

chicknbemus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2013
SW NY
Been there, done that, got the stained t-shirt(s).

I "filled" an evod tank without taking the head off. And another time I had a tiny bit left of a really good juice (man, I was looking so forward to it, too) and didn't tilt the tank just right and squeezed most of it down the center post and on to my shirt.

I have a lot of stained shirts.

Something I learned by trial and error, I too leaked some juice all over my pants in the car before arriving to our destination, that if you happen to have some hand sanitizer in your purse, rub it all over the juice spots, it desolves the juice and the alcohol from the sanitizer speeds up the drying time and you can arrive at your destination stain free! I tried plan old water before and that didn't work as well as the sanitizer.

thomas.egnoto

Jun 21, 2013
Syracuse, NY
Other night I was driving home from work, and I went to take my protank off my ego and throw on a carto tank, and in the dark of the car accidentally unscrewed the head from the tank, instead of the whole thing off the ego. Juice everywhere. Thankfully it wasn't even quite half full. I'd seen grimmgreen mention in a video that this can happen if you're not paying attention, and I remember thinking "yeah, right, who would ever do that?". SMH

notdanielbutdaniel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
First day at work with a T3. Was on break, reading a book, and wanted to change flavors. Still reading, unscrewed t3 from battery... but actually unscrewed tank from base. Full tanks worth of juice all over a library book.

Have also performed this amazing magic trick three times now with my Evod. Doh!

The Dingo

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2011
North Carolina
You guys jinxed me.

Just after I clicked on this thread (to read all the stupid/funny newbie mistakes :) ), I unscrewed my vivi nova so I could recharge the battery. You guessed it - unscrewed the base by accident and dumped everything on my lap. :facepalm:

About an hour after I read an ecf thread about Protank bases breaking, mine fell on the floor from about 3 feet up, and the connection snapped. Mind you, I had been using it for many months without a problem.

Maybe we should start reading only the 'happy' threads...(e.g. "I just got my XXXXX mod in the mail and the company decided to include a lifetime supply of kanthal, wick, VG, PG, flavors and nicotine for free").

Maybe that'd reverse the jinx.

In either case, I have chuckled more than once reading these posts. I'm glad I'm not alone in doing some of the silly things that most of us have done. I guess it's just the 'tuition' that we all have to pay to the Vaping University School of Learning as You Go.

Sure beats the much higher tuition of attending the School of Analogs.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Vaped Virginia Fire Cured Tobacco Flavoring without mixing it..it tasted horrible..I thought it was ready made. I kept vaping and thinking, being I was new that the flavor/taste would grow on me or change..put myself thru this almost an entire day...UGH. Almost went out and bought a pack of smokes it was so bad.

Then a few days later did the same thing with RY4 Electronic Cigarette Flavoring and knew instantly I did it again.

Also unscrewed the tank off without the base , yep, juice all over me.

itsrayray

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
athens, tn
Don't know if its a newby mistake, but after I got home from visiting mov I didn't take the time to put my pv on the lanyard. Which I already had too much in my hands, try to close the screen door and dropped it. SHATTERED the glass on my davide, surprisingly enough, it stayed in one piece still.

But now I have to find the glass for it, don't even know if they are for sale yet..... I emailed them, hope I get a good response.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
I also broke the glass on one of my anyvape davides and no one
has any replacement parts yet.

I emailed DV (who I bought them from ) and nothing has arrived from anyvape as of a few days ago.

They are actually pretty good if you can get a tip that fits snuggly unlike the tip that comes with it.

Loving my Tatroe Tank and all my SS tips fit snug and tight.

Don't know if its a newby mistake, but after I got home from visiting mov I didn't take the time to put my pv on the lanyard. Which I already had too much in my hands, try to close the screen door and dropped it. SHATTERED the glass on my davide, surprisingly enough, it stayed in one piece still.

But now I have to find the glass for it, don't even know if they are for sale yet..... I emailed them, hope I get a good response.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread