• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What's your favourite homeblend?

Status
Not open for further replies.

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
Mixing and tweaking juices has become a bit of a hobby (despite the wife worrying that the narcs will knock on the door every time I turn the kitchen into a lab). I am sure I'm not Robinson Crusoe here.

Who else is mixing? Anyone have a favourite recipe or any tips they'd like to share?

Love the "I am sure I'm not Robinson Crusoe here" Gave me a good laugh. I am getting into mixing to as you know. My tip would be make a 1ml mix first to make sure you are going to like the flavour. This may help.

1ml Test Flavours
That equates to (for a 1ml sample)
2 drops Water/Vodka
2 drops Flavoring
4 drops e-liquid
12 drops VG/PG

This also helped in my case as i found out i cannot use VG as i get bad stomach aches with it.

I have been using Queen flavourings but i have not really enjoyed their taste so i have ordered Lorann's flavours which are meant to be great and potent. The 1ml test is done with Lorann so change the mix to about 4-5 drops flavouring and 9-10 drops VG/PG if using Qeens. You also do not need the water/vodka if using PG instead of VG but i think everyone would prefer to use VG as PG is generally in e-liquid and the flavouring already so it gives it a good mix.

Last edited:

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I actually don't mind the Queens essences (sorry Com), especially when they're either already in your pantry, or readily accessible at the local supermarket at a around $1.05/bottle.

Here's a couple of obvious ones...

Boosting Weak Coffee
To fix the blandness of Dekang Coffee - which seems more like a latte in recent batches - add a little (3-5%) Queens Coffee Essence.That latte will fast become an expresso.

Flavours too harsh

If you have a menthol, mint or even tobacco flavour that's too harsh, add a little vanilla ejuice (or a few drops of Queens Imitation Vanilla Essence) to it. It infuses body and takes the edge off those sharper flavours.

Vanilla Mixes
Don't buy Queens Vanilla Essence - use the Queens Imitation Vanilla Essence. There's no issues with the sugar on your atomisers with the imitation version, and the taste difference is negligible (yes I did try).

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
but lately I have just been mixing vanilla with tobaccos...and everything else, I just cant get enough!

Me too. :) Try vanilla and strong mint...

I am still trying to make a big flavs order though... so I can get into the DIY.

Com posted a good link for Lorann flavours available cheaply on ebay, but I think it was for 1dram bottles.

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
It depends on what you're mixing it into and what you're trying to achieve (overpower bad juices or soften harsh ones).

I normally start with 0.5ml per 30ml and move up in 0.5ml to 1.0ml increments. It's a lot easier to build up compared to trying to recover part of the original flavour.

For 10ml, I'd be using very small amounts...

Last edited:

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
ok i got my order of Lorann in i have made an English toffee mix tasted crap like not even toffee so i added caramel still tasted ..... So i made a strawberry kiwi mix and i was dissapointed again. Why the hell has everyone been talking about Lorann this and lorann that its still early in the game i guess i have another 18 flavours to .... around with. Everyone on other sites are recomending lorann flavours that are oils and will bugger up your atomz so i dont want to take that risk. If someone here has an idea of what a good mix for Lorann is please post it to make me feel better i will be very appreciative.

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
I picked up a bottle of Melrose VG today and had a brief play around with mixing some flavourless 36mg Eastmall VG and a couple of Queen flavours. The results were pretty underwhelming.

I started with 4 drops of the nico-juice, 4 drops of VG, and 4 drops of Imitation Vanilla. The throat hit and flavour were very weak, but then again the nicotine content was substantially weaker than what I usually vape.

I then tried a 50-50 mix of nico juice and vanilla. The flavour wasn't too bad, but throat hit seemed almost non-existent.

I had similar results with the Queen Strawberry and have also found that the vanilla taste really hangs around in the atty -- much like menthol does.

Why the hell has everyone been talking about Lorann this and lorann that its still early in the game i guess i have another 18 flavours to .... around with. .

That's no good. I was looking forward to trying some Lorann stuff and hoped it would be significantly stronger and better than Queen.

COM76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2010
QLD, Australia
I have been messing around with the flavours more and i am getting more and more pleased. The flavours need to rest i think once mixed leave it for a while before vaping the flavour comes out a lot better. I have been happy with the strawberry kiwi flavour at the moment. I will post other flavours i like if anyone gives a .....

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Good to hear things are turning around Com! When are you going to start posting mixes?

I've just about given up on VG. I have wasted so much juice trying to get the right viscosity (adding a little distilled water) and still haven't got it right.
Two things I've learnt:

• flavourings fluctuate the viscosity depending on the flavouring; and
  • when mixing/testing, use 0mg - not 36mg (too much testing at that level hurts) 8-o
PG blends are going great (Vanilla Coffee is going down a treat!). Waiting on a Loranns delivery - thanks for the ebay link. 24 vials for $13.45 shipping :)

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
www.xtremevaping.com 100mg nic. I cut it down with PG to about 10mg

If you're ordering from Xtreme Vaping, email Levy before placing your order and ask him for a coupon code for Priority Mail. Levy is one of the good guys and will help minimise the postage costs.

If you stick to 125ml rectangular plastic bottles (up to 4 fit perfectly), the shipping will be <$15US. He sends them in a sealed bag (to avoid leakage) inside a cardboard box. Mine arrived perfectly :)

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
  • when mixing/testing, use 0mg - not 36mg (too much testing at that level hurts) 8-o

heheh, yeah, I can imagine that constantly vaping,vaping,vaping whilst trying out different mixtures could be a bit much, but if you don't use any nicotine then won't the results be innacurate compared to what they'd be like with some of the Good Stuff in there?

dinium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
heheh, yeah, I can imagine that constantly vaping,vaping,vaping whilst trying out different mixtures could be a bit much, but if you don't use any nicotine then won't the results be innacurate compared to what they'd be like with some of the Good Stuff in there?

Throat hit, yeah - but I don't find too much (if any) disparity in the tastes.

I try to get the taste right, then add nic, retest and finally focus on the viscosity. Getting the taste right is the hard part - you can spend hours buggering around with a single mix and still not get it quite right.

You're spot on though - mix, vape a 510 cart, rinse and repeat. With high nic based mixes, 20 minutes (and 20 carts) later it's time for a little sit down...:yawn:

k.rad

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2010
Adelaide, Australia
I tried some Hoyts Coffee Sport (wtf?) extract yesterday and it wasn't bad at all.

I mixed 5 drops EM 36mg PG juice, 3 drops VG and 3 drops of coffee.

The Hoyts coffee is 80% alcohol (pro-tip for the kids) so it seemed to thin out the VG nicely. Solid throat hit, good vapour and pretty strong flavour. A nicer flavour than instant coffee too (which I can't stand). I think I'll experiment some more with this flavour -- though I don't like the hardcore dark colouring that it has. I've no idea if it does or not, but it worries me that colouring like this could gunk up the atty a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread