When do you know when it is time to stop buying analogs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't focus so much on the idea of not buying cigs. Just because you have them, doesn't mean that you'll be smoking them.

Just before my wife set the cigs aside in favor of the PV, I had bought her a carton of her brand, and she had 4 packs in her purse. Two of those got opened, and she tapered-off and both packs are more than half-full. One, I think, she only took two out of, and it's still sitting by the washer; and the other is sitting on the patio table--both untouched for so long that they're now only good for the trash can. Her full carton is still in the desk drawer.

She says that she has absolutely no desire for an analog, and I believe her.

More juices, on the other hand? She just placed another order or two today.

You'll know that you've "arrived" when you find yourself reaching for the PV instead of the cigs when the urge hits you; and you'll realize that it's been a week since the last analog. On that day, toss 'em in a cabinet and call it a shrine to a new life and hobby--then post here about it.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I really like the advice I often see given here about putting the cigarettes somewhere out of reach.
If you make it very inconvenient to go get them when you want one, it becomes more likely you might decide not to bother.

I think it was Dormouse who put them in a ziplock bag in the trunk of the car.
That would work for me.
:)

hifistud

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Sunderland, UK
Y'know, it all gets so much easier if you look at it this way:

"I am not quitting smoking, I'm just changing my brand and not needing to use either matches or lighter". The whole notion of "quitting: is that you're stopping doing something you enjoy. By using an e-cig, you're not doing that - you're simply switching brands to one that will not kill you - it's all upside.

Seriously, expunge the "Q" word from your vocabulary, and suddenly everything gets so much simpler. Don't worry about dual fuelling - when tobacco is ready to be out of your life, it will be - it will just happen. Trying to make e-cigs a quitting process simply puts pressure where it isn't either needed or wanted.

It's all too easy to over think this - and there's just no need. Just enjoy the e-cig, and the rest takes care of itself. It actually is that simple. It's not a race, there are no targets, there's no need to make it hard.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Honestly, I had to make up my mind if I wanted to quit or not before I started vaping again. Then I simply committed to it and afterwards started spending more money on it. Which was my way of making it near impossible for me to smoke a cig. Since all the money I would've spent on those went onto vaping.

Although, I did have an idea of how strong I wanted my nic level to be and so on and so fourth. Vaped a couple years beforehand that gave me a VERY good idea of what would work and what I wanted. Now, I'm getting close to 7 mnths cig free and couldn't be happier.

All in all, you have to mentally get yourself in the mindset that you will not smoke another cig. If you get any urges, just vape like you did when you were pacing around your house thinking about cigs. Do that until your urges are gone and continue your day.

exodus454

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2011
Western Connecticut
I just decided I was done. If I set a date for myself I find I'll anticipate it and I'll smoke like crazy to get my fill and then not want to give it up. I had half a pack left when I got my ego and just threw it away. For me, throwing half a pack away really helped me to show myself that this is it. Every time I want a cig, just vape vape vape. Chain vaping had a lot to do with being able to avoid the urges. I have to say though (and I never thought I'd be saying this), as time has gone on and I'm coming up on 6 months without a cigarette the urge to smoke one has become almost none. And it's a great feeling.

I've had a few drags off of friend's analogs here and there (mostly while intoxicated), and every time it just reminds me how vile they are. For me, those few drags here and there has helped cement the idea that I don't want them in my life.

erich

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Atlanta, GA
For me it was easy, after my first vape I no longer wanted a cig, nor have craved them since. I managed to choke down the rest of the pack during the first week and haven't bought any more.

You might want to try getting a higher nic juice for those times when your craving and see if that helps.

Same here once I found a juice that I could use on a daily basis. For the first couple of weeks I kept analogs too, but once I found a juice with good TH that I could use and feel that it satisfied my craving, I haven't had one since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread