• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

When it came really down to it, would your pet defend you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamdane

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 10, 2011
Cleveland area, Ohio
Absolutely. I've had my dogs turn sideways between myself and strangers when taking them for walks. I had one charge a door when someone rattled the handle at a motel.
Mind you, these are show dogs, trained to accept strangers to do every thing from open their mouths to see teeth, to fondling nether parts to verify they arent neutered.
On the other hand, who would be dumb enough to KNOWINGLY take on a pack of Great Danes?

Its funny, when hubby and I play with our children, and things get rough and tumble on the floor, the dogs will get in between us, barking and trying to stop the play.

Survivors Mom

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Texas
7 critters... 2 Staffordshire Terriers (Pit Bulls), 1 American Pit Bull Terrier/Greyhound mix, 1 Yorkie/Rat Terrier mix, 1 Jack Russell Terrier/Chihuahua mix, 1 some kind of Terrier mixed with something else, and 1 Manx cat.

Of the seven, I know the cat allows NOTHING on his property... period. So probably for him. The JRT is the most likely dog to protect and POSSIBLY one of the pibbles. The rest I think would just be noisy and/or hide.

Thank goodness I can't positively answer the question! But I can say with 6 Terriers and a cat, no wild critter stands a chance! :)

When I had Rotties, I'm pretty sure anyone could have taken what they wanted for a simple pat on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread