Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
Take a look in the DIY juice section.
If they think nicotine is dangerous they'd better thing twice before requiring people to resort to extracting their own nicotine. They can't seem to stop backyard labs for things that are completely illegal they won't be able to do anything but sit back and put out the fires and treat the poisonings for something that is legal but they made it hard to get from professionals.

Mrtrucker40108

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Brandenburg, KY, USA
If that were to occur there would be a number of B&M pop up in urban areas. Capitalism and whatnot.
The rural folk would be left to road trips and or convincing local retail business to order for them.

At some point vaping will be regulated the government regulates EVERYTHING that's their gimmick.
I wouldn't panic just yet though. Quality pipe tobacco is only produced in a handful of 'shops' in the US. The whole of pipedom has been mail order (yea that far back,lol) for decades. Even with the rabid anti-smoking folk going full bore there still is no federal law prohibiting shipping of pipe and cigar and only Washington prohibits it on a state level.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Folks, stop panicking. If you're that worried, buy some 100mg unflavored nicotine and some amber bottles and freeze it. Then you won't have to worry. I don't see it happening to be honest. There will always be vendors popping up...the government just has to catch them. I used to worry about that all the time. I'll order from China if need be (I already do and never had problems).

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
If they think nicotine is dangerous they'd better thing twice before requiring people to resort to extracting their own nicotine.

This! This is a very good point.^^

Regardless, they can't stop people. The liquids needed to make juice will never be illegal. They're in way too many food, body care products to be made illegal. Thousands of products by powerful companies at that. If worse ever came to worse, after I run out of liquid nicotine... I'd just vape 0 nic. Big tobacco is never getting my money again and nor will Big Pharm for any of their drastically overpriced "NRT" products. The prices of NRTs alone...to me, is insulting. If they really wanted people to quit smoking they just wouldn't be so expensive.

stephpd

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2011
Delaware
Thoughts of starting a second wine cooler filled with shampoo size bottles of juice crossed my mind for a second but then I remembered about China. They don't care about legality. Send them money and they will send you anything you want.

Isn't Canada already having this sort. of problem? Seems orders for stuff aren't making it through customs. Not just from China but from the USA.

Only a matter of time before it happens here.
But then there's always the pizza delivery guy that can hook you up. :)

JungleAgent007

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2011
York, PA
Only a matter of time before it happens here.
But then there's always the pizza delivery guy that can hook you up. :)

Ironically one of the delivery guys from our favorite pizza shop was telling us about his fledgling web business a couple of weeks ago... selling parts and juice. Your idea might actually work... at least at my house.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
This! This is a very good point.^^

Regardless, they can't stop people. The liquids needed to make juice will never be illegal. They're in way too many food, body care products to be made illegal. Thousands of products by powerful companies at that. If worse ever came to worse, after I run out of liquid nicotine... I'd just vape 0 nic. Big tobacco is never getting my money again and nor will Big Pharm for any of their drastically overpriced "NRT" products. The prices of NRTs alone...to me, is insulting. If they really wanted people to quit smoking they just wouldn't be so expensive.

That's the main reason I'd want to get to 0mg. I'd worry about a relapse with no nicotine but I'm sure I could figure something out.

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Gotta agree with Hairball on this one. Although the 100mb/mL and amber bottle idea isn't so bad. Just make sure you do several bottles. Freezing and unfreezing is bad for food, would imagine it wouldnt' be so great for nicotine either!

If it's diluted with propylene glycol, you probably wouldn't be able to freeze it except in a lab. A 60% solution of propylene glycol and water is good down to -55 deg. F.

Are cobalt blue bottles okay? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread