Status
Not open for further replies.

AutumnWolf

Absinthe Minded Diva!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Florissant, MO
Just out of curiosity I did a generic search on google for 'electronic cigarettes'. This article was like the fourth thing that came up:

//www.680news.com/news/world/article/317419--study-finds-single-electronic-cigarette-can-affect-airways-rapidly]Study[/url] finds single 'electronic cigarette' can affect airways rapidly - 680News[/url]

Where do they get this stuff? And how does it get up so high on google?? Some damn obscure website with a supposed study from Greece...jeez...very frustrating... :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
We had a thread on this article. It's a bunch of "you know what"! The article states, "A spokesperson for the tobacco industry defended the products, saying they cut out on second-hand smoke and many of the toxins in cigarettes." I really don't think it's tobacco that's after us, where is the attack coming from. I think it's the U.S. government loosing revenue from the extra taxes and the people that just want to control other peoples live. I think at this point, many of us would be having some sort of issue if vaping was bad for health. I've personally never felt better!

AcePilot

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2009
United States (Utah) SLC
I know you guys, I've never felt better either - but what I really worry about is that one new person who does a search on google and that comes up. That may be the thing that makes them decide not to try vaping. Just makes me mad...

I agree... I know it's been said hundreds of times before, but come on. We all used to smoke. For as long as I can remember people have been telling me that cigarettes kill. They cause cancer. Your teeth will fall out. You're killing yourself. Yet I still started smoking.
We all knew what we were doing was unhealthy.
Now we vape. I didn't start vaping under the impression that it was as safe as breathing fresh mountain air. I figured it would be cheaper (yeah right ;) ) and I wouldn't stink and my husband wouldn't force himself to kiss me out of love even though my mouth tasted like an ash tray. That and I figured I could maybe lower my Nic and eventually stop all together.
I don't understand how we (people who smoked/smoke cigarettes) can get scared of one possible health risk, when we spent years smoking blindly. Just to clarify- I am in no way speaking badly about this forum or the amazing people who are on here daily. I'm referring to the people who stumble upon information like this when they become curious about vaping, and write it off all together because it's not proven to be 100% healthy... But then continue smoking, which has been proven to be 100% unhealthy.
I wish vaping could be researched more so we would know for sure, but I can honestly say I've never felt better. I feel bad for the newly curious smokers that stumble upon that "information" and don't dig deeper.

At least when you google ecigs this forum pops up! That's how I ended up here in 2009. :) Full of all sorts of information as long as the curious party takes the time to read it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread