Where does everyone get their PG from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
thanks sdaniels but is there any place that sells larger quantities?

Larger quantities of Nic juice, or Propylene Glycol (PG)? PG can be purchased through Tractor Supply Dionne Keotosis Treatment Gallon Cattle Medicine - 2209731 | Tractor Supply Company

NO nicotine though, PG is used for cutting or making your own. Cutting 36MG Say 50/50 and you have 60ML of 18MG for about $6-9. FYI an average cig like Marlboro has 10-12MG of nicotine. A light cig has about 8MG of nicotine.

Larger quantities of Nic Juice? Well, your gonna pay for it. You can go here... www.eastmall.net - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd 100ML is $50 (I've Never Used Them, So Order At Own Risk). Almost all Nic Juice sellers go with 30ML bottles at around $20-40 per bottle, but you can order as much as you want. Heaven Gifts is limited because of customs, I order Express Shipping and have never had a package stopped. They arrive in about 6 days, I order on Sunday and the package always shows up on Saturday.

I simply did the math for $69.75 including the shipping I get 150ML of 36MG Nic Juice. With the U.S. companies I was paying that for 60ML.

If your looking for say, a gallon of Nic Juice... Alibaba.com - The world's largest online B2B marketplace.

bzlytbeer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2009
Monee, IL (near Chicago)
I purchased my PG from a place called "Blaine's Farm & Fleet". They are a farming outfitter here in the Midwest. They keep it in the same aisle as the bovine (cow) medicines. Mine only had it in the gallon, so I bought it. Was about $20 USD, and it is food grade. I now have enough to vape for a while....

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
PG is more scarce in most areas. Even Tractor Supply doesn't have it at every store. Vegetable Glycerin (VG) is easier, since most areas now have a Health or Organic food supplier. They usually sell it as a skin moisturizer. NOW Foods is the typical manufacturer in this situation.

There's only two problems with VG instead of PG.

One is a matter of taste, I find VG to be to sweet. It produces a thicker smoke like vapor, but has a sweet after taste across the top of the tung that I don't like.

Second is it's "unknown" hazards, VG is harmless... until heated to 280C. At that temperature VG starts a chemical conversion into Acrolein, which is a toxic chemical currently in cigarette tobacco... so take that for what it is.

PG is not without issue either, a percentage of the population have allergic reactions to PG, all be it minor. I myself use PG and have reactions. I have to use facial cleanser every night before I go to bed or I will wake up with severe acne.

FYI I've never had acne issues before smoking PG and I'm almost 40. Is it worth going back to smokes? No way!

But, to sum it up... you don't have to pull your hair out looking for PG, VG is almost a sured to be available somewhere in your town.

nicfix75

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2009
Orlando, FL
They also sell a bunch of flavors made with Water, Ethyl Alcohol, Natural Flavor:

Nature's Flavors : Natural Flavor Extract

Lu

HEy I went here and looked and also found these

Nature's Flavors : Organic Flavor Concentrate

Do you think they will work or no? Sorry I am new to the whole DIY and truely don't know about what is good or bad for atty any help will be appreciated. I like the loranns because you don't have to add alot but I would like to order from 1 place for everything PG/vg and flavors

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
HEy I went here and looked and also found these

Nature's Flavors : Organic Flavor Concentrate

Do you think they will work or no? Sorry I am new to the whole DIY and truely don't know about what is good or bad for atty any help will be appreciated. I like the loranns because you don't have to add alot but I would like to order from 1 place for everything PG/vg and flavors

The water base instead of the alcohol base shouldn't be an issue. My only concern was the gum acacia which is traditionally used in paint production, glue, cosmetics, pyrotechnic adhesion and various printing inks, although it is listed as an edible substance I'm not sure of what effect it will have on your atomizer.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
I ordered a 16oz. bottle at RiteAid, and it only ran me $8.75. I am thinking of trying Propylene Glycol Usp 99% Gallon though, since it's definitely pharm grade and costs less than ordering a similiar quantity through RiteAid.

I'd try to find a farm supply store around here, but I just can't bring myself to try feed grade stuff.

Although my Propylene Glycol may indeed be feed grade it states Propylene Glycol USP 100% what is the other 1% in yours? Does it list the other ingredients, and why are they there?

What is the "Feed Grade" guidelines...

The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires animal feed to:
- be pure and wholesome
- be produced under sanitary conditions
- contain no harmful substances
- be truthfully labeled

I think the animals have a leg up on humans, unless you consider a twinky "pure and wholesome".

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Anybody have experience comparing glycerin to PG? On another post I read that glycerin produced more vapor. How does it effect the atomizer?

I used VG a bit and didn't notice any adverse effects on the atomizer at all. It did produce a thicker white fog, more like smoke. My only issue was it's sweetness and an after taste similar to artificial sweetner, where as PG seems to have no taste at all.

duncantiv

Apr 9, 2009
Although my Propylene Glycol may indeed be feed grade it states Propylene Glycol USP 100% what is the other 1% in yours? Does it list the other ingredients, and why are they there?

What is the "Feed Grade" guidelines...

The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act requires animal feed to:
- be pure and wholesome
- be produced under sanitary conditions
- contain no harmful substances
- be truthfully labeled

I think the animals have a leg up on humans, unless you consider a twinky "pure and wholesome".

Good question. If I decide to try them, I'll be sure to ask, but for now I'm operating on something I read here about the 99% stuff being 1% distilled water. It's entirely possible that statement (wherever I read it) is entirely wrong, but until I get concrete evidence to the contrary, I'll presume it to be so.

nikomoul

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2009
Oooof,
ascorbic acid, benzalkonium chloride, boric acid, dextrose, disodium phosphate, glycine, magnesium chloride, potassium chloride, purified water, sodium borate, sodium chloride, sodium citrate, and sodium lactate.

I think the real problem would be benzalkonium chloride, disinfectant. Sorry, the bottle only list the for mentioned... I had to go digging for the box.

what are you referring to here? The visine? The nature's flavorings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread