Where does everyone get their PG from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
I was able to get vg from my local drug store. No one seemsto carry pg in the state of ohio.

Can't wait to move to Fl.

rsmith76

RSmith, do you have a Cigar shop? The Humidor Solution is usually co-branded for local shops by the manufacturer for free. Just call and ask if they sell a humidor solution mixture.

Then in your recipes account for the 50% distilled water already in the PG... i.e. you may not have to add water.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
OK, I'm vaping it and..... arghhh oh, my "Croak".

People are just to dam paranoid, here's my day...

Took two Heaven Brand (Kate Can Appreciate) Rum Cigars and cut up with scissors into flask, came to around the 100ML mark.

Added straight Ethyl 120 Proof (Testing, Not Worth My 190 Proof) to the 200ML mark.

Heated on low with foil top until boil (Use Hot Plate, No Flame). Removed foil and let simmer for 15-20 minutes, let the Ethyl steam out and water drop back in off the sides of the flask.

Let cool, then strain through coffee filter into glass jar... now have my nicotine.

Mixed 0.7ML Wilton Glycerine (From Michael's Craft Store) with 1.0ML Propylene Glycol Solution for Cigar Humidors and 0.4ML Nicotine concoction.

Smoke is oh so nice, and felling pretty dam cheery. When fluid hits the lips its quite sweet and tingles. Oh god thats good, I just took some more hits.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
I think humidors might use industrial grade propylene glycol. If it doesn't say USP or BP it's not the purest and could be dangerous to inhale.

PS I did get some Propylene Glycol from my local asian market in the cake isle, apparently they use it for "Flavoring Essence", s**t smells like paint thinner.

Humidor mixture has no scent what so ever.

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I admit I try to be a bit conservative in what I use because as it is, we really don't fully know the possible long term effects of what we're vaping now. But to just add more (unknown) fuel to the fire, well....no thanks!

But hey....they're his lungs. Just don't come whinin' when you cough one up! :sneaky:

Lu

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Still here, made same but used Asian Market Amyl Acetate for PG source and added 5 drops of Now brand Spearmint Oil... WOW! Nice smooth, very enjoyable.

Got the smooth jazz playing, mellow in the easy chair and if I pass on I can't think of a better mood to be in :)

Gonna try some Kava Kava concoctions over the weekend, I'll let you know how they turn out.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
I had a question on the Atomizer in another thread but no one answered, can you put the Atomizer in a Ultrasonic Cleaner?

Also, on my recipe... please, please, please understand that for the Nicotine I used STRAIGHT ETHYL, this is NOT "Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol" nor is it "Isopropyl Alcohol" but straight grown by me since it was water and sugar Ethyl!

So to sum up, anyone reading this understand you CAN NOT get this at Walgreens or any other RX.

I only tell you this because if I was skimming the messages myself I would assume Ethyl Rubbing Alcohol.

Answered: Doesn't Hurt Atomizer, But Apparently Doesn't Help Either.

Last edited:

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
WOW, just got my TotallyWicked E-Liquid 36MG.

2ML Wilton Glycerine
2ML Distilled Water
2ML Totally Wicked E-Liquid 36MG Menthol

I'm high as a kite! I was smoking 16MG Smoking Everywhere Menthol, seems like nothing now.

Question... VG is for smoke and a little sweetness as far as I can decipher from the forum, what is PG for? Should I be adding it to my mixture?

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
No, you don't have to use it unless you want to.

Lu

Is there any advantage/disadvantage?

Also, FYI I made my Kava Kava blend... unless your looking for a bedtime mix I wouldn't recommend it. Put me to sleep in about 10-15 minutes at 9:00 pm. Needless to say I was wide awake at 4:00 am this morning. :nah:

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Is there any advantage/disadvantage?

I really can't speak on which is "better". From my own experience, I prefer the VG because of the vapor and because I prefer my mixes a little on the thicker side. I've never had to thin anyhing with water either. If it's too thick, I just add more nic juice or plain PG....depending on if I want to cut the nic more or not.

Lu

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Good to know, that's pretty much what I noticed as well. I made a mixture VG, and VG soaked in tobacco because PG hadn't arrived yet and the vapor was so much thicker than commercial blends that it actually hovered in the room for about 10-15 seconds, and after exhale I still had bits of vapor coming out my nose and mouth on its own just like analog cig.

sdaniels

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2009
Manchester, NH U.S.A.
Here is the ebay PG I got in yesterday, 100% PG (Label says to mix 50% water before use on cigars):
ebay item number: 220377166472

Just saw some other one "labeled for e-cig"
ebay item number: 190292208220

both are 8oz.

I been using the cigar humidor one in my mixes and it seems to help a bit on drying my mouth out.

Those are fine, they say USP right on them.

Closet Toker

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2009
Trempealeau, WI.
I got mine on ebay also. USP Grade - 100% Propylene Glycol for humidors. Works great.
When I refill carts., I drip one drop first with the P.G. and then finish filling with eliquid. I like the extra vapor, and this works well. It keeps vaping strong 'till the cartridge runs "dry".

I love my Pilot Hybrid! I'm glad I did my reviews before purchasing..... thanks to everybody at ecigarette-Forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread