Status
Not open for further replies.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Was vaping at a local Restaurant/Tavern, and was getting some rather interesting looks from all around. There were two smokers sitting very near by (in the outside dining area, for shame) and I could tell they were watching me, but it was these three separate older gents sitting inside, looking at me through the open door. Just constant eye contact, heavily watching me with each time I put my eGo to my lips.

I eventually asked the bartender if it was OK, I know him pretty well and he is used to us showing up often, jokingly he threw out "If your too *** to smoke then no, **** off" then laughed and walked away. I kept puffing and he didn't say anything.

First experience using a PV in public, went well I suppose, explained it to an acquaintance who had been smoking a cig when we walked up, but he gave one of those apparently usual answers of "but why spend $60 to smoke tobacco?" Had to educate him a bit haha.

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
yet another update: i am apparently allowed to use my pv when i'm also working the door or coat check inside my venue, using discretion. i only take a few puffs when no one aside from staff is nearby. for two reasons this is allowed: i do use discretion, a few vaping employees before me abused this. also, i don't require relief to take a smoke break, like many of my coworkers.
i know i keep updating about vaping on the job, but it seems too good to be true! bosslady asked about the legislation (none), and asked about the contents of the vapor emitted. i told her it was a humectant and the lingering vapor was found to be 98% water. so ya. vaping on at one job for me!

Shiryo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
SoCal
Places I vape:
- Sitting dead in the center of a full classroom while class is in session.
- In the middle of restaurants*
- In grocery stores
- in my room
- in my cars
- Everywhere I go except near my parents.

If I am refused my ability to vape in their facility and I haven't committed to being there, I leave shortly after making a very calm and educated conversation with the manager. If I already commit to my purchase at a facility and am waiting on my order, a restaurant for example. I will usually stay and stop vaping or I will just ask for to-go boxes, pack it up and leave. No tip and I will never return there, instead going to their competition or a different chain of that place.

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
I vape in the break room at work. No one cares. The only other place I've really vaped in public (besides outside, in my car, and in the bathrooms of several establishments) is The Home Depot. No one gave me a hard time. I figured it wouldn't be a problem, because the store is massive, with ridiculously high vaulted ceilings. I wasn't obnoxious about it either. I didn't try to hide it, but I wasn't billowing clouds of vapor either.

versaden

Apr 22, 2012
Wisconsin
I've been fortunate enough to have not made enough waves at my job to have been told that I can't vape. One of the building's administrative assistants, a die-hard anti-smoking type, used to make the occasional comment about my reeking of smoke. When I got both my KR808 and my new eGo, I made sure to show her both of them. She's amazed and delighted that such a technology exists--and she doesn't even care that I vape at my desk. A few of my other coworkers know that I vape in my cube and no one else is the wiser. It's a nice place to be. I wouldn't consider vaping in the company cafeteria, though.

A local microbrewery in town allows, and encourages, me to vape openly. So far, no customer complaints (if some did, I would stop for a little while [or be more discrete] or take the time to explain the tech). But this establishment is very anti-authority, so I think they (and I) get to take a small delight in knowing that we're all giving the middle finger to the statewide smoking ban.

I dunno if I'd be willing to try vaping in, say, a movie theater, but I've done it in most of the places I frequent in my life and I've had no issue. Wish I would have known about all of this tech sooner. :)

Regards,
V.

Last edited:

lunchbox91

Jul 6, 2011
Tucson, AZ
In the last 2 weeks I've vaped in 3 different airports, 6 different airplanes, a non-smoking hotel room and a rental car. The only people who said anything was the guy sitting next me on the plane, he was a smoker and wanted a couple hits. And the server at some random airport bar, he just wanted to try high voltage because his eGo wasn't cutting It anymore :D

versaden

Apr 22, 2012
Wisconsin
I vaped last night at a concert with no issue. Before entering, I got the standard pat-down (since it was a larger show) and the security guard asked me to remove my eGo carrying case. Once sure it wasn't a weapon (she didn't even ask me to open it), the guard finished the Terry pat and waved me inside.

There was a security guard in the aisle that gave me a couple of odd glances, so I made sure to semi-stealth vape when he wasn't looking; however, none of the other concert-goers raised a stink and I didn't go without my vapes.

All in all, a pleasant experience. I'm starting to think that so long as one doesn't act like they're guilty, or takes the time to explain the tech to the ignorant, this won't be all that tough to gain acceptance. :)

But we'll see. Ignorance is a hell of an opponent to combat...

V.

CyanideKitty

Mar 28, 2012
Milwaukee, WI
The Coliseum at the Alliant Energy Center while watching horsie stuff there. Switched to stealth vaping once our area started getting crowded though, more out of respect for the other people. I get some odd looks from employees at Pick N Save when I vape while grocery shopping but haven't been told no yet. I was vaping outside a bar one night(it was too hot in the bar) and they told me I could/to go vape inside.

vengess

Unregistered Supplier
Apr 8, 2012
Barnoldswick,Lancashire
I have vaped at work and started a chain reaction.Nearly everyone in my works smoke and were constantly having to run outside to get their fix. I however go into the nice warm office and smoke there and have now converted most of them.I think it had to do something with the weather here(always raining). I have vaped at the bowling alley ,in the supermarket and at most of the pubs in my local area and the most questions i get asked are where did i get it from. I do love the look on peoples faces when they see me doing it in public places. I have vaped in the movies but very discretly as i didnt have time to ask prior to going in.

hallucinoJEN

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2012
Richmond, VA USA
This is exactly how i feel about vaping in public. I guess it comes naturally to me though, because i'm only 24, and for the 8 years that i smoked, you weren't allowed to smoke in restaurants or businesses. So, i guess 8 years of practice and self discipline to not smoke in those places, has led to me not really vaping in those places either. It's not necessarily that i'm uncomfortable vaping in public, it's just that i don't see the need. Seems like vaping in public would be kinda rebellious at this point, and i'm not all that much of a rebellious person.

Really?!?!? Not rebellious????? I would say that the majority of people who started smoking as teens started smoking to BE REBELLIOUS. haha! :p

I've vaped at Crackel Barrel (no one had a problem even the waitress didn't say anything except one family, but all they did was watch and laugh while I vaped heh!), movie theater (but guy behind me asked me not to smoke...tried to tell him it wasn't smoke, but insisted it was bothering him, so I stopped until the movie ended), Chipotle, my car, in my house, at friend's homes.

I think hiding our vaping like we are doing something illegal is sending the wrong message. We should be courteous vapors. We should not act like we are doing anything illegal, because we AREN'T doing anything illegal. How are people supposed to know what vaping is if we are hiding it???

To that said, Keep vaping! :vapor:

Jen

Edited to add:

I was trying to be discreet in the movie theater by covering the light at the tip of my KR808d-1, and blowing vapor towards the floor. I thought that was being more courteous than some other moviegoers who decided it's a good idea to text their friends in the middle of a movie. heh! Nothing like a bright light shining in your eyes in a dark movie theater! I think I was WAY more courteous! haha!

Last edited:

ByeByeCoffinNails

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Kakapo Kountry (New Zealand)
I don't get to go our as much as many, but have vaped in a health clinic with a 'No Smoking' policy no problems.

My husband works in construction. He has vaped at MacDonald's and at schools and hospitals no problem. He took his tank to the supermarket yesterday and was going to vape there- but then thought better of it!

Love to All,
:vapor:

I'd vaped in the back row of the movies... center seat... i think EVERYONE must do it! take the biggest drag, exhale and then look up... the vapors just GLOW in the projection from the reel of the movie! i basically had more entertainment watching that than the movie i paid $11 for.
i've also vaped in the bathrooms of work, (i'm a server at a restaurant,) and in the kitchen. I vape top down in the car and dont need to pull over or put up all the windows, like i did when trying to BIC AN ANALOG! (how annoying was that,guys?!)
i vaped at a cirque du soleii show this week, im sure surrounding viewers thought it was something more exciting but it was just some atomic cinnicide e-liquid!
i vape while i pee and when im in bed.. never both at the same time.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I'd vaped in the back row of the movies... center seat... i think EVERYONE must do it! take the biggest drag, exhale and then look up... the vapors just GLOW in the projection from the reel of the movie! i basically had more entertainment watching that than the movie i paid $11 for.
i've also vaped in the bathrooms of work, (i'm a server at a restaurant,) and in the kitchen. I vape top down in the car and dont need to pull over or put up all the windows, like i did when trying to BIC AN ANALOG! (how annoying was that,guys?!)
i vaped at a cirque du soleii show this week, im sure surrounding viewers thought it was something more exciting but it was just some atomic cinnicide e-liquid!
i vape while i pee and when im in bed.. never both at the same time.
Very funny ...
Obviously, your not one of those vapers who shake like a leaf on a tree
worrying about what others think ... KUDOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread