Where is it acceptable to vape?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEDIII

Aug 27, 2014
McAllen, tx, USA
Last Saturday I was out with this great looking broad at Main Event. The bartender told me I had to go outside if I wanted to vape! Really!? It's a bar! Today I was at Wal-Mart and an employee came up to me and said "sir you can't be smoking that in here" I replied, why not? He said it was against store policy. Then said, "if you'd like, I can get an officer over here to explain it to you" I told him it wasn't necessary, so I ceased fire! Lol I've never seen any establishment with signs posted saying "NO vaping ALLOWED" Does it have to be physically visible in writing or is verbal warning all that is necessary? That's what I love about vaping! You can do it anywhere, but apparently not! Anyone have a story to share?

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Well, common courtesy and sense should tell ya, that one should openly vape only where smoking is allowed, ain't right, but that's John Q Public for ya, mainly ignorant and panic driven.

A smart person would ask first if it was allowed, or vape stealthily and avoid confrontations to begin with. Yeah, many, including I, vape in the stores, in the malls, wherever they desire, without a prob, but all establishments have the right to say hey you can't do that here and refuse service for non compliance and kick you out.. That's the reality of life.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
An establishment can refuse service at will. As long as it does discriminate against race, religion or disability. Even if you don't think it was fair unfortunately we are the minority in public opinion. I prefer to not rock the boat and give more people reasons to join the cause against vaping.

but I thought a mental/physical adiction to a generally mild drug was a disability :) I Need My Nic !!!! aaauuughhhghghhhh

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Last Saturday I was out with this great looking broad at Main Event. The bartender told me I had to go outside if I wanted to vape! Really!? It's a bar! Today I was at Wal-Mart and an employee came up to me and said "sir you can't be smoking that in here" I replied, why not? He said it was against store policy. Then said, "if you'd like, I can get an officer over here to explain it to you" I told him it wasn't necessary, so I ceased fire! Lol I've never seen any establishment with signs posted saying "NO VAPING ALLOWED" Does it have to be physically visible in writing or is verbal warning all that is necessary? That's what I love about vaping! You can do it anywhere, but apparently not! Anyone have a story to share?

I understand what ya mean.... kinda like going down the Hi-way and there are no speed limit signs.... how do you know if you are speeding or not????

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
This thread reminds me of a rant thread started on a gun forum where people rant about about where they can and can't carry even though they have a cwp.

Common sense tells me not to vape in restaurants and public shopping places like Walmart. Never had a problem at bars (even non smoking ones ) or at work with permission. You need to think about the masses' thought process and be respectful of that. People who don't know still view vaping as smoking. Call them ignorant but that's how it is

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

NEDIII

Aug 27, 2014
McAllen, tx, USA
This thread reminds me of a rant thread started on a gun forum where people rant about about where they can and can't carry even though they have a cwp.

Common sense tells me not to vape in restaurants and public shopping places like Walmart. Never had a problem at bars (even non smoking ones ) or at work with permission. You need to think about the masses' thought process and be respectful of that. People who don't know still view vaping as smoking. Call them ignorant but that's how it is

How is it common sense? It should be posted if it was a big enough issue to make it a store policy; just like businesses post no soliciting signs or no smoking signs. It would then be common sense my friend. The m(asses) can piss off!

Aumaan

Aug 26, 2014
United States
It all depends on the location and the people. I live in NYC when vaping has been limited to only areas where smokers can smoke. I was in Rye Playland and vaped in the park which is a no smoking location period. The guards looked at me then at my hand and kept walking. All depends on the people and whether they know about our hobby or not.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
I vape as I had smoked. Always respecting others.
Exactly my friend. Unless I'm in my home, you need to be mindful of others and put your feet in shoes of people who are ignorant and misinformed. Remember vaping is new compared to typical smoking. The masses grew up around tobacco smoke and most don't fully understand vaping

sclobernocker47

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2014
Providence, RI
It all depends on the location and the people. I live in NYC when vaping has been limited to only areas where smokers can smoke. I was in Rye Playland and vaped in the park which is a no smoking location period. The guards looked at me then at my hand and kept walking. All depends on the people and whether they know about our hobby or not.

Yep, NYC is pretty tight on it.
I was there last week and couldnt do it in bards (though I did anyway) or even outside at the 9/11 memorial. Granted, I wont give them guff there.

Aumaan

Aug 26, 2014
United States
Exactly my friend. Unless I'm in my home, you need to be mindful of others and put your feet in shoes of people who are ignorant and misinformed. Remember vaping is new compared to typical smoking. The masses grew up around tobacco smoke and most don't fully understand vaping

Or the people who think we're hitting a .... with some plants.

Actually had a neighbor asking me if it was "all natural" and asking for a hit before I could answer.

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
How is it common sense? It should be posted if it was a big enough issue to make it a store policy; just like businesses post no soliciting signs or no smoking signs. It would then be common sense my friend. The m(asses) can piss off!

That attitude is how bans happen. Vaping is under fire, and we need the "masses" to not see us all as cloud blowing self righteous d-bags who must've only started vaping so we can "smoke" anywhere we want. Frankly, that is the common view most people think about vapers.

TheOdessa

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Tampa, Florida
Or the people who think we're hitting a .... with some plants.
Please don't take my posts as negative guys. I'm just trying to give food for thought. Vaping is still new to the masses and most aren't enthusiasts and don't fully understand what vaping is. I get asked daily about my vaping. It starts so many convos. People just aren't very educated on this yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread