• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Where to vape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piak

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Saturn
i honestly hate the fact that i can't go to the smoking area with my friends to are still on analogs to vape/smoke. makes me feel left out

I kind of miss being part of that group too, but having to stop work, go out, take the lift down, walk out, smoke, talk, smoke, stink, then return to work is something I don't miss really.

Also I HATE the need of trying to explain what vaping is, and then to have smokers say "I heard that that's bad for you" while they are sucking on their analogs. The ignorance really just annoys me to no end. So all in all, I prefer being a vaper =)

Piak

Verified Member
Sep 9, 2014
Saturn
I find this sorta funny, when I worked we had to go outside and away from the building. I think the main thing for being a newbie is that if I saw a bunch of vapers standing around blowing clouds I would pretend not to know/see them lol. I used to wait 2 hrs between cigs and vapers seem to not be able to do this? This is what worries me about totally vaping - I do not want to exchange 1 bad habit for another that seems to control me. Anyone else have this worry?? Oh I vape outside my door as if I were smoking.:laugh:

My wife and I have the same worry about replacing one bad habit with another too. But even taking into consideration the fact that our nic intake is slower and lower per vape we take as compared to cigarettes, the fact is because I don't light an actual cigarette that I have to finish, I take 1 or 2 puffs per vape and set it down, whereas with analogs I would have to take a certain number of puffs in quick succession to finish a cigarette, which gives you enough of a "hit" to not go back to it for 2 hours.

I have realised that in occasions where I "go out for a vape" instead of vaping as and when I want, I can get enough to not do it again for 2 hours.

That said, there where days as a smoker where, even though I could smoke just 1 cigarette every 2 hours, I don't =D

It willI depend the place you get caught..

One of my friend get caught in custom..confiscated all the stuff and sign letter but no fine..

One of my friend told me his friend get caught vaping in public and fine 5k..stuff all confiscated..

Since you so curious to know..you might want to test test our local authorities and let us know the outcome lol..

I always vape openly in public but only in places where smoking is allowed, that has allowed me to quit analogues for 2 months now. IMHO, just like the quote below, with all this stigma about vaping openly, my colleague was not able to convert to vaping. So far I have not come across a 1st person account of him/her getting fined for vaping in smoking allowed places. So instead of spreading the fear, we should only post the facts. Touch wood, but I will continue to vape in public smoking places and vape with smokers in public places, I will post it here if 1 day i am fined...

basically if we are allowed to vape openly, I will quit my analogue for sure!

loll88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
I vape everywhere, I just try to be discreet about it! If I'm at work, I will take a quick 5 minute break every few hours or so. If I go into the bathroom, I'll bump down the wattage and hold the inhale in for an extra second or two to produce less vapor. The fire alarm won't go off!

I vape in public toilets too, and once I didn't know why I did the following, I exhaled a plume of cloud. I'm glad the alarm didn't go off.

Minzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2014
Syonando
Hi,

I just wonder where do you guys vape in the public or at work? When vape at smoke corner too many ppl looking and in toilet I think will trigger fire alarm. Please share :)

All you need to remember, is to be extremely discrete. Smokers will not mind you vaping. the people you need to be wary of are the non smokers. but to be safe, do it at home. if you HAVE to do it outside, a bathroom stall would be ok. just hold in the vapour for a few seconds before letting it out. a lot less vapor will be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread