Which batteries to choose help

Status
Not open for further replies.

VertVaping

May 19, 2021
What batteries to buy for my uwell crown 4 tank whit the vaporesso gen x mod?
I been looking at the LG 18650HE2 2500MAH IMR 20 as this are in the store in my country are there any other recomendated batteries out there? And what do you guys think about the LG HE2 to my setup? but are there any differences since i need 2 batteries in the mod because all recomendations i see dosent appael to either there is 1 or 2 batteries for vaping at 60-70watts.
I Did a mistake and took som batteries from the store i ordered the vape from and There are 2 batteries of Efest, IMR18650, 3000mAh 35A and
2 batteries of Efest 25EF 18650 2500mAh 25A
I havent got the mod or the tank yet but are this last 2 battery types ok to use for a uwell crown 4 whit me vaping at 50-70watts i think considering there brand New, or should i not use them at all?

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi and welcome,

Mooch's Recommended Batteries | E-Cigarette Forum
Please purchase batteries only from trusted vendors.
In the EU: https://eu.nkon.nl
You should also use an external charger for recharging vs charging them in the device.

Personally, I don't trust efest batteries, however many use them without issue.

Where are you located?

Cheers
I

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    I also have several Efest batteries that I only use married (use them together in the same device and recharge them together) in dual battery devices. They over-boast their stats, so they're not reliable and I will not be purchasing any more. However, if you're running them paired and in a regulated mod (which you have) and stay under 75W or so, I don't think there's much danger in that. If your mod shows Amps, I wouldn't push it any higher than 25A. Split between 2 batteries, that should only be a 12.5A continuous discharge per battery. I have to head to work but I'll double check that to make sure it's correct when I get home.

Edit: Double-checked and the math is pretty accurate. You should be fine to use them paired.

Last edited:
    • Useful
    Reactions: Izan

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I been looking at the LG 18650HE2 2500MAH IMR 20 as this are in the store in my country are there any other recomendated batteries out there? And what do you guys think about the LG HE2 to my setup? but are there any differences since i need 2 batteries in the mod because all recomendations i see dosent appael to either there is 1 or 2 batteries for vaping at 60-70watts.

One HE2 at 70W is no good, but 2 is fine, assuming they are authentic LG HE2 batteries.

Battery Amp Draw / Drain Calculator - Vaping Hardware

I would only use Efest for flashlights.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The common consensus in the vaping world is to stick with OEM batts (Molicel, Samsung, Sony/Murata, LG, Sanyo) because rewraps use other companies' cells and you never know the quality from one to the next. They can change at any time.

The only good thing about rewraps is that their wraps are thicker/tougher and last longer than OEM wraps. OEMs have relatively crappy wraps because they are not manufactured to be constantly handled so a decent wrap is not needed and can be a a detriment when space is at a premium.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Howdy2.jpg

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Samsung 20S comes straight to mind @VertVaping, your best going with as much CDR as possible for battery longevity and safety.

But definitely check out the lists and tests by @Mooch, as don't know what Molicel have on offer for 18650 cells. But they do make some great ones.
    I ordered quite a few of these and they're wonderful - max continuous discharge is estimated at 25A but can do 35A up until 65 deg. C.
    Molicel/NPE INR-18650-P28A 35A 2800mAh Flat Top 18650 Battery - Authorized Distributor

Reactions: Mordacai

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I Did a mistake and took som batteries from the store i ordered the vape from and There are 2 batteries of Efest, IMR18650, 3000mAh 35A and
    I havent got the mod or the tank yet but are this last 2 battery types ok to use for a uwell crown 4 whit me vaping at 50-70watts i think considering there brand New, or should i not use them at all?
    Welcome and glad you joined.

Reactions: Superuser187

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    To answer your question more directly, as long as you keep those two different ratings separated and married (2x 3000mah & 2x 2500mah only), they should work just fine with the mod and tank you having coming under 75W. Also pay attention to the heat of your mod. Many newer mods have internal heat protection where the mod will not function above a certain temp, but I wouldn't rely on that ever. If the mod starts to feel noticeably warm, stop using it and set it aside. This will also help prolong the life expectancy of your batteries. As others have mentioned, I would suggest your next battery investment be authentic LG, Sony/Murata, Panasonic/Sanyo, Molicel, or Samsung batteries for increased safety and reliability sake. If the vendor you're purchasing from offers paired battery cases, you should get a few (sometimes they ship them free with the batteries depending on the vendor); they help to keep your married batteries together to lessen the confusion.

Anything on the left column in the picture below are authentic OEM, non-rewrapped batteries. The highlighted yellow column is what Mooch has tested the batteries at for near-actual Maximum Continuous Discharge. Anything in the highlighted yellow column that has a range "xA-yA" should be valued at the lower number (xA). Always ignore the "Pulse" rating posted on batteries and packages:
    18650 Battery Ratings.jpeg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread