which mod clones from fasttech are the best quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
You also say (and I've heard others say) one mod 'hit' harder than another. This is something that baffles me. Considering they are all just battery tubes my uneducated brain says 'why or how does one mech out perform another?' What is it that makes one better hitting than another?
It's all about voltage drop when comparing how hard mods hit. Imagine a nasty corroded piece of wire compared to a shiny new piece. The amount of current that flows through the two different wires will be different. It's the same with mods. The material used, the construction method, the craftsmanship of construction and the overall design effects how well the current from the battery gets delivered to the atomizer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
so far i had the m16...hit very nice especially for the price but the top stripped out really quickly and never really allowed me to top it flush, the tanks were always a bit off, the metal is also really soft...felt like you could crush it in your hands if there was no battery in it for the price i may reorder as an absolute backup or once i saw they sell the top piece replacements

I also have an apv atom clone and love it, it may not hit as hard as the m16 but it's built a lot better and has worked with everything i've thrown at it

waiting on a jm22 clone as i type this, got the one with all three tubes which since i ordered have found it isn't the one to get but we'll see

If you're into the m16, get the solid brass clone from ft. It's $17 including shipping instead of $11, but it'll last, and nothing will strip this century, anyway.

I just got the Launcher without the logo. It's ugly but cute. The button is so so so good, and the mod itself has thick tubes, great threading, great adjustable connection, copper contacts.

2naphish

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
the boro, Tennessee

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
Young- Why do you say the one with all 3 tubes isn't the one to get?

You also say (and I've heard others say) one mod 'hit' harder than another. This is something that baffles me. Considering they are all just battery tubes my uneducated brain says 'why or how does one mech out perform another?' What is it that makes one better hitting than another? Maybe I can mske a more educated purchase if I understand this stuff better? Can someone point me to a thread that explains good qualities to look for in a mech mod?

I am learning a lot on this thread and it has kept me from jumping into the first shiny mod because of looks! I appreciate the help so much!

Probably the multi tube is made from somewhere different than the clone that makes the 18650 clone....even the top cap on the straight 18650 has slits for air and it doesn't appear on the multiple tube model that the top cap that

i've also heard that the tubes like the 18500 that i will be using are an odd measurement and not all batteries will work

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
"Probably"?
"I've heard..."?

Please don't give (or take) advice on any mod based on "probably" and "I've heard".

Read reviews and discussions on FT before purchasing.
The customer forums there are very informative, and has experiences members there that will answer any question with accurate facts.
If you are willing to actually research the product, you can make purchases and get exactly what you want.

No need to "probably" or "I've heard"....these suppositions are always incorrect.
Facts are available. Just use them.
:)

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
"Probably"?
"I've heard..."?

Please don't give (or take) advice on any mod based on "probably" and "I've heard".

Read reviews and discussions on FT before purchasing.
The customer forums there are very informative, and has experiences members there that will answer any question with accurate facts.
If you are willing to actually research the product, you can make purchases and get exactly what you want.

No need to "probably" or "I've heard"....these suppositions are always incorrect.
Facts are available. Just use them.
:)

until you get something in your own hands....everything is based on reviews and what ppl have read or watched so at that point it is in fact here say...so unless i know it to be true, i have to say i've heard or probably

same way if someone reads that my m16 stripped out on the top cap....they may never have seen it but they've heard (from me) that they strip out, however they could order one and it be perfectly fine

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
until you get something in your own hands....everything is based on reviews and what ppl have read or watched so at that point it is in fact here say...so unless i know it to be true, i have to say i've heard or probably

same way if someone reads that my m16 stripped out on the top cap....they may never have seen it but they've heard (from me) that they strip out, however they could order one and it be perfectly fine

Sorry if I sounded harsh.
I have almost 20 clones, so I have some first hand experience on this topic.
The things you posed that you had "heard" or assumed about clones was just incorrect.

I have no issues with any of my clones when using 18500 batteries unless its a clone of a mod that has issues.
Most are identical to the original in that respect.

Most clones "hit" just as well as the original. Some even better. Materials, conductivity and cleanliness will determine how "hard" your mod "hits".

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
Sorry if I sounded harsh.
I have almost 20 clones, so I have some first hand experience on this topic.
The things you posed that you had "heard" or assumed about clones was just incorrect.

I have no issues with any of my clones when using 18500 batteries unless its a clone of a mod that has issues.
Most are identical to the original in that respect.

Most clones "hit" just as well as the original. Some even better. Materials, conductivity and cleanliness will determine how "hard" your mod "hits".

it wasn't harsh, it just wasn't accurate

for someone to post on here fact when they don't have first hand experience with something, is irresponsible...if the jm clone i have coming fits my 18500 batteries then what I've heard or read from reviews is wrong but until i know for sure i'm not going to post like it's a fact..the reviews i've read said the jm 18500 tube doesn't work with every battery

my very first clone purchase said it took 18500 battery on the fasttech site....but it did not, only 350 and 650...so even the websites statements are here say until someone knows for sure

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
it wasn't harsh, it just wasn't accurate

for someone to post on here fact when they don't have first hand experience with something, is irresponsible...if the jm clone i have coming fits my 18500 batteries then what I've heard or read from reviews is wrong but until i know for sure i'm not going to post like it's a fact..the reviews i've read said the jm 18500 tube doesn't work with every battery

my very first clone purchase said it took 18500 battery on the fasttech site....but it did not, only 350 and 650...so even the websites statements are here say until someone knows for sure

1. That's an experience with one mod, The JM clone.
Now which manufacturer made the clone?
Several do.
Not all JM clones will have the same issue, as they are made by different companies.

2. You can't generalize and be accurate based on one clone.
Had you posted the rest if the facts( this was your experience with one clone) we would not be having his discussion.

3. Did you read any of the discussion posts on FT?
They usually have a ton of information from actual owners.
Research before you buy. The information is available if you look.

Your experience with a single product from a single manufacturer is not indicative of every clone, as you implied with your post.

This forum is chock full of clones in 500 mode.
The fast tech JM clone is not one of the better clones.

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
1. That's an experience with one mod, The JM clone.
Now which manufacturer made the clone?
Several do.
Not all JM clones will have the same issue, as they are made by different companies.

2. You can't generalize and be accurate based on one clone.
Had you posted the rest if the facts( this was your experience with one clone) we would not be having his discussion.

3. Did you read any of the discussion posts on FT?
They usually have a ton of information from actual owners.
Research before you buy. The information is available if you look.

Your experience with a single product from a single manufacturer is not indicative of every clone, as you implied with your post.

This forum is chock full of clones in 500 mode.
The fast tech JM clone is not one of the better clones.

ok?

Anyway since you said the JM clone isn't good, can you share your experience with it in 18500 mode please?

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Well this isn't the thread to discuss your clone, but with some more info I may can help you
There are 2 JM clones listed on Fasttech, each from a different manufacturer, that have 500 tubes.
Which one do you have?
Try reading the discussion listed on the product page of the item you purchased.
;)
Lots of good info there that can be helpful BEFORE purchasing.

(This kinda proves my point).

Purplepeeps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2014
Syracuse, NY
[
Which one did you choose?
QUOTE=Purplepeeps;12875758]I ordered my first mod last night:) Love the way she looks:wub:
[/QUOTE]

I need pink batteries to match! Do you think AW would whip up a few for me? LOL

glassgal was doing a co-op with the rainbow version and did a video on it. I think it will be fine for me.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1659902

Last edited:

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread