which PV's with variable wattage and variable voltage can handle sub-ohm loads such as 0.6 ohm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Dna30s and their clones can regulated down to .5 (some clones can fire down to .3 but cant regulate).

Sx350 Chips can go down to .2 iirc.

Naos raptor based mods can def fire under .5ohm.

If you feel like digging deep into your pockets the gi2 and variant can both fire very low ohm coils at over 100w.

The list honestly goes on and on.

cracoucax

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
france
I don't understand why you'd want that.
I mean on a mech you have to subhom because you can't up the voltage, that's your only solution to have more watts.
On a regulated mod you can up your voltage with the push of a button to have the same result, more watts. You can even just set the watts on most to let it calculate how many volts are needed.
So imo there is no reason to go subhom on a regulated mod.

Especially if you take into account battery life :
At 0.6ohms and 4.2V, you'll be consuming 7 amps for 29W
At 1.2ohms and 6v, you'll be consuming 5 amps for 30W
So the battery will last longer at 1.2ohms for slightly more watts...
I haven't taken into account the power needed by the mod to up the voltage to 6v, dunno how to calculate it. But I verified on my provari that for the same wattage, low ohms lower drastically the battery life compared to more voltage.

Edit : I understand that on some regulated mods, lowering the ohms will be the only solution to have them output their max wattage (if the mod can go to 50W but no more than 6V for example it should mean the mod will fire at 0.7ohms), but you're asking the question backward : you don't want a mod which allows low ohms, you want more watts, whatever the means to get them.

Last edited:

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
but you're asking the question backward : you don't want a mod which allows low ohms, you want more watts, whatever the means to get them.
from what I understand from the most experiences RBA builders here, the reason is that low ohms are more than just a way to get higher watts, but rather, a way to build using large gauge wire, ribbon wire, etc. resulting in a more satisfying vape - your Provari cannot handle these large ribbon wire RBA's, nor can my Sigelei (which is essentially the same as a Provari) - same goes for dual and/or quad coils - more heater surface area, better vape, but requires low ohms, not just more watts.

many DIY guys will sacrifice juice usage rate and battery depletion rate to get a more satisfying vape - same reason I vape WTA - regular nicotine-only juice doesn't satisfy me the way having all 4 major tobacco alkaloids does!

Last edited:

TrentTC

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2013
Tacoma, WA
I like building that low with a regulated mod because it allows you to use 26 or even 24 gauge kanthal which I find better suits me. People have different reasons for building low and still want the safety and consistent performance that a regulated mod offers. I build down to .4 ohms even with a regulated mod I have because I like being able to build large coils with thick wire and still have what I previously mentioned that a regulated mod offers. It's all personal preference. 30 watts or even higher is much different when you use 30 or 28 gauge kanthal than it is when you use 24 or 26 gauge and I prefer the 24 and 26 gauge which means that ohms are going to most likely be very low.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread