Status
Not open for further replies.

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
Having trouble deciding on a UC. I live on Solar Power and a crock pot uses too many watts.
Would either of these be appropriate? Both are affordable.
I vape NET's pretty much exclusively.
Thanks
(yes, I've read the UC threads)

ultra.jpeg

Specs:
Material: Stainless steel with diamond-shaped figures
Time setting: 1-30min adjustable
Temperature setting: 0 C-80 C adjustable
Frequency: 40KHz

ultra02.jpeg

Specs:
-2L capacity tank for professional cleaning.
-40 KHz Strengthened transducer makes the ultrasonic more powerful.
-Timer Setting with 1-99 minutes adjustable.
-Heating function with 0—80 Celsius adjustable temperature.

EDIT: Didn't realize I'd screwed up the images.

Last edited:

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
Never used UC for vape. But if it is for steeping, then one with 99 minutes set up looks better for me (theoretically) than one with just 30 minutes...

Well, I did finally order the 99 min. one although I have read that it's better on UC's if you let them rest every 30 min or so. Took me a week to find someone who would ship it to my po box. Cost me an extra 18 bucks.

ultra02.jpeg

NicotineRush

Linux Mint/Mate
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2008
Living 'Off Grid'
So, I finally got mine! Tried it yesterday and it seemed to work well but the water got very warm. After 40 min, the water was fairly hot, so I shut it down and waited for it to cool then ran another 40. (no, I did not have the heater on)

Generally speaking, what's the relationship between UC time and passive steeping? 1 hour of UC = days/weeks of passive?

Rant: Advertising states that this unit has a 1-99 minute run time but the manual states that you should never run it more than 30 minutes at a time as you could damage the internals. Very annoying.
(Yea, I know, it's just an advertising/selling ploy. Still annoying.)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
For supposedly being inexpensive, this DIY stuff is adding up!

The startup cost is a little steep, but compared to the long term cost of vendor juice it's not. I spent about $300 to $400 getting setup to start DIY, including scales, bottles, measuring devices, PG, VG, lots of flavors, and two liters of 100mg/ml nic base. I spent about $850 a year on vendor juice prior to that. The second year cost is really cheap. If you add in the savings from not buying cigs, it's a no brainer.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Anyone?
Thanks
I have read others stating "1 hour = 1 week." But, there are a shoot-ton of variables that are not accounted for including: UC frequency, bottle material (glass/plastic+density), temperature, recipe composition, etc...

I personally never experienced anything near that during my short exploration with UC... but I was also using a bare bones econo Harbor Freight UC with plastic bottles, and unregulated temperature. So, the only thing I can say with any certainty is: I have NO clue.:facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread