Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Damn... now I'm gonna have to go buy a mechanical just to see if you guys are right.

Oh we're right... try to get in on a Hybrid mod sale these days... its IMPOSSIBLE... its the new wave.
I am so glad i got mine when i could and I realize i was lucky those days.

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
I was never a fan of 18350 IMRs on VV devices and now I hate them on my mech devices. It's not their fault that they are small and troll like. I'm pushing close to 4 amps on a .8 ohm coil so I can't expect them to last longer than 2 hours. Which is why the 18650s are the way to go 1200 mah or the panne 2600 mah. I agree with the taste comment - my menthol tasted completely different at .08 Ohms than it did at 1.5-3.0 ohms. It was a whole new flavor and amazing taste using 28g at .08 ohms. I'm not going to go back and don't plan on it - batteries are replaceable . When they fry you get a new one - its worth it IMO. Like others have said its not for everyone - but I love it to much To go back. I too used to think that 15w was the same vape no matter what the ohms- and now I know the same wattage means absolutely nothing.

Connected via T-A-Talk

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
Oh we're right... try to get in on a Hybrid mod sale these days... its IMPOSSIBLE... its the new wave.
I am so glad i got mine when i could and I realize i was lucky those days.

I have no idea what a hybrid is, but I'm not paying for something I'll get... eventually.

I'm also not looking to buy one of those extra pretty same-as-the-inexpensive-stuff mods. I'm not dropping $300 on a ....ing battery holder.

Azphat12

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Coolidge, Arizona, United States
is this a 4/5 28g?

Actually its a 5/6 wrap 28g on my Aga-T+.
I have a smaller diam wick on it.

Unfort..... my Zap fell yesterday and shattered the glass.
Of all things....I ordered all spare parts....EXCEPT the glass......its in transit now from Provape...ugh

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
The natural and the iseason are already mass produced mech mods that fit RBAs nicely. For around 35-45 bucks it's 100% mechanical but yes I agree well see more - it's funny how the vaping trends shift and china is always ready to duplicate and sell lol

Exactly; it's already happening. Natural, iSeason, Telescope, Chi-Chi, etc. There are plenty of decently-built China mechanicals already available that will run LR coils just fine.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
The natural and the iseason are already mass produced mech mods that fit RBAs nicely. For around 35-45 bucks it's 100% mechanical but yes I agree well see more - it's funny how the vaping trends shift and china is always ready to duplicate and sell lol Connected via T-A-Talk

hmmm I saw that some are sanding down the contacts on the Natural which looks like a GG, or changing out parts for better voltage transfer from the battery ...
I don't really know what makes a proper mechanical device for SLR.... sure they have less interference between the batt and the atomizer, like the iHybrid has no connector really and the Poldiac is set for super power, even with the connector (it hits harder than the iHyb) but just saying I wouldn't know what NOT to get for that application...

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
The natural and the iseason are already mass produced mech mods that fit RBAs nicely. For around 35-45 bucks it's 100% mechanical but yes I agree well see more - it's funny how the vaping trends shift and china is always ready to duplicate and sell lol

Connected via T-A-Talk

I just ordered a Natural and some 28 wire. I guess I'll see what all the fuss is about!

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
My lambo 18350 works just fine on SLR coils which I didn't expect. Well since its the same as the lava tube and the LT fires SLr I guess it makes sense. But for me also I love mechs simply because it's just a battery

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362483266.671316.jpg

Connected via T-A-Talk

JuniorNA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
Heck if you get your hands on a high end hybrid or mechanical you could use it and flip it for at least what you paid.... its crazy what folks are asking in classies... demand is high.

Yea I agree. These mods are just battery holders - beautifully crafted battery holders but I'm fine with a 40$ device that will do the same thing as a 300$ device

Connected via T-A-Talk

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
thannks... i need a thicker pole to prewrap the wire on before i slide the wick in... and i can make a thicker wick too. I usually cut about 38mm width mesh so it fits easily.
I'll have to find a thicker drill bit or something .

that will work, i have always just wrapped the wick by hand, but the drill bit method works good i hear.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
I just got the natural last week and predict it will be popular with two types of people, those who are handy, and those who don't mind gaps.

Ya know there are a lot of people out there (such as myself) who really don't care what their e-cig looks like. Personally I find it quite funny that people get so caught up with the aesthetics of their goo delivery device.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
My lambo 18350 works just fine on SLR coils which I didn't expect. Well since its the same as the lava tube and the LT fires SLr I guess it makes sense. But for me also I love mechs simply because it's just a battery

so are you saying the lambo works good with low resistant coils? how low does it go? i thought it cuts out at 1.3Ω

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Ya know there are a lot of people out there (such as myself) who really don't care what their e-cig looks like. Personally I find it quite funny that people get so caught up with the aesthetics of their goo delivery device.

Yeah but because the cheap ones are not really made for SLR in particular, you don't really have that much choice. The Natural is cheap and needs some sanding of the contacts and then there are probs with that... eventually China will catch up..

but until then the newer high end ones are not only expensive, they're hard to get.
That said, they're also good looking because the maker puts a lot of pride into it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread