Who wants to turn their Don into a mechanical pipe? = Hammerhead

Would you like to be able to transform your Don into a mechanical Pipe AKA Hammerhead?

• Yes please i love the idea of a contemporary pipe!

• No thanks you may as well go back to the drawing board.

• Not really sure - would have to see the finished product before I make up my mind.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Okay I've been sitting on this for months now trying not to let slip, but we have been testing a new mechanical pipe which will be made available as an addon to the Don and I felt now was a good time to let the cat out of the bag.... this thread will be dedicated to the Hammerhead!

Obviously the name follows our big fish inspired line with the Hammerhead being the first thing that sprung to mind with this particular PV for reasons you will see very shortly!

So expect a vid and pics in the very near future....

P.S. All in favour say 'AYE'!

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
There's plenty of room in the pipe market, make something awesome :2cool:

Hi Frog! :)

We do actually have something else in the pipe line so to speak but this is just to add an extra dimension to the Don.... here are some pics of the protopipe we came up with a while back:

HH.jpg

HH1.jpg

HH3.jpg

K.P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
United Kingdom
I really like the idea of a high-end electronic pipe, but not so much because it looks like a pipe (whether that be traditional wood or futuristic metal) but because it would hopefully just fit and feel well (naturally and comfortably) in my hand (and not roll off a desk). When I look at the prototype photos, I can't imagine a way to hold it that feels really comfortable. I think my ideal would be 601-sized mini-pipe (big battery, swappable atomisers, light-touch manual switch in a natural position, comfy-sized round bowl).
That said, I have severe RSI/carpal tunnel issues with both hands. My fingers (but not my thumb) are very weak so I might be many times more particular about size/shape/button placement than most.

Last edited:

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk

I see where you're going Andy a more decorative look perhaps? We could certainly look at making some changes if there was enough of a demand but right now we're just testing the water to see if this might be a nice addon feature for Don users and then we can later look at tweaking it if there is a demand for something like this.

Thanks for the input as always! :)

That said, I have severe RSI/carpal tunnel issues with both hands. My fingers (but not my thumb) are very weak so I might be many times more particular about size/shape/button placement than most.[/SIZE]

Hi KP -

Thanks for the input - the Hammerhead is actually really comfortable to hold - the easiest grips are either using your index finger to press the button or your thumb which I guess would suit you.

Here are some pics using the thumb grip on the Hammerhead:

HH4.JPG

HH5.JPG

Last edited:

K.P.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2008
United Kingdom

Thanks for the input - the Hammerhead is actually really comfortable to hold - the easiest grips are either using your index finger to press the button or your thumb which I guess would suit you.

Huh. Maybe I was mistaken, that does look more comfortable than I imagined. Might have to give it a try when my wallet has recovered from Christmas.

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk

Huh. Maybe I was mistaken, that does look more comfortable than I imagined. Might have to give it a try when my wallet has recovered from Christmas.

Hi K.P! :)

Its not a dead cert yet - still in prototype form.... before we invest further we would really like to know if its something folks would get some use from as otherwise we'll drop it and get back to the drawing board.

I would imagine at this point you would be looking at around £15-£20 to add the pipe functionality to your Don which in the scheme of things isn't too bad.

Last edited:

mickeyxxx

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Nottingham UK
Hi Tim
Received my Megladon....thanks for quick delivery...again.
I love the idea of a pipe mod. Its never out of my hands so it may as well be a pipe anyway...lol.
Also because of the popularity of the tank system now I think would be a good selling point for the "Don".
By the way anyone considering buying this take the plunge....you won't be disappointed.
Superb quality and well worth the wait.......Well Done Tim.
Btw its worth the money just for the "mini Don".:)

Waiting now for the pipe mod......How long......How long???

smokindeuce

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2008
UK
www.smokejuice.co.uk
Hi Tim
Received my Megladon....thanks for quick delivery...again.
I love the idea of a pipe mod. Its never out of my hands so it may as well be a pipe anyway...lol.
Also because of the popularity of the tank system now I think would be a good selling point for the "Don".
By the way anyone considering buying this take the plunge....you won't be disappointed.
Superb quality and well worth the wait.......Well Done Tim.
Btw its worth the money just for the "mini Don".:)

Waiting now for the pipe mod......How long......How long???

Hi Mickey!

Thanks for your input - glad you like the idea of a 'Don Pipe' - I must say there is just something about the shape of a pipe - you could say time stops still when you're smoking a pipe... there's just something about it that's hard to explain and we've always loved 'em!

With rgds the pipe, we actually have very temporarily put it on the back burner just because we have also 2 other plans for the Don which have currently taken priority ATM. That's not to say it won't be released, but certainly there will be a delay until these two other projects are finished.

I can't say too much on the other projects just yet, but what i can say is they are BIG and almost as exciting if not more that the Don itself! And don't worry existing Don owners, they will be compatible with the Don so more like upgrades rather than investing in an entirely new system (we like to try to keep everyone happy lol).

Anyway, thanks again for your input Mickey - I must admit part of the reason for delaying the pipe was due to lack of interest on this thread so its nice to see someone else genuinely taking an interest. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread