Why are the most of the people who vape are a bit overweight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
I could stand to lose some weight right now. I thought a half a scoop of like Mirilax was no longer an essential part of my no-constipation diet, and I lost, I mean "cleaned away" my Miralax bottle.

I just drank a liter of water with 3 heaping spoons of Miralax in it. Plus a lot of flavor drops that I bet are laxative in nature.

Perhaps I should wait to go to Walmart, but the question remains... How long do I wait and what will happen?

I know the mods are all about the OP all da time, but I thought the OP kinda sucked and had they stayed they could have participated in a lively discussion with us.....

To be fair, the mods thought I sucked/do suck from the very beginning etc.

But I stayed and participated in lively discussion even while being told *I* sucked like constantly. I'm just saying. If you want to post dumb stuff.... have a thicker skin.

I'm vaping HARD though, HARD. And I like to go grocery shopping when I'm hungry and I am emphatically not... at ALL. I mean, I feel like I'm 6 months pregnant.

Anna
Keep in mind Miralax is 100% PG. That's why I don't use it. It's a crappy subject however I find Dulcolax works good for me

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Keep in mind Miralax is 100% PG. That's why I don't use it. It's a crappy subject however I find Dulcolax works good for me

Actually Miralax is polyethylene glycol, quite different that propylene glycol. Using PEG in place of PG would likely be a crappy experience as well. ;)

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I once overhead a guy explaining to another the guy, the secret to losing weight. He said ''If ya eat two elephants and only work off one elephant, there's still an elephant in there somewhere''.

Needed two buttons, funny and agree.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have no jokes left. I am spent on this thread. The plumbers are unhappy because I am like, "No fix all the things" and they just SUCK SO HARD AT IT.

One of my plumbers should take up vaping he's the kind of skinny you can't see sideways.

The fat one should definitely STOP. Vaping AND eating. If he were marooned on desert Island if he could desalinate the water (he's a plumber he would) he could live for like 2 years on his stored fat. AT least.

Anna

Reactions: Vaperer

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
9o5bzdB3kG7EpXWTnz4XUSiivTlWne0cAs9hMY0sHLg.png

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You can use PEG400 if you want, but I don't think it's the same thing at all. I use it (PG sensitive.)

I did not find anything horribly concerning, risk wise, although recent experiences (and just looking back on my life) have taught me that apparently my BODY was DESIGNED to get rid of toxins.

Except for Boric Acid, man, I sprayed that stuff ONCE using ALL protections and it still made me twitch. LOL. The boy is horrified by our roach situation and has OFFERED to spray it outside. LOL. I am TAKING HIM UP ON THAT TOMORROW.

I am part roach apparently, so maybe that explains the other toxins.

OMG at the pizza party the kid mentioned his taking 18 hits of acid experience and then made it sound like his brush with the law resulted in this totally deep experience, like "reevaluate my life and decide who I wanted to be' type of thing, only he said it better and he was AWESOME.

I bet a chick there would have banged him. The medical assistant who is about to get married looked impressed and then started showing off all these "risqué" parts of her body from falling down the steps.

I bet she would've if she wasn't you know, engaged and OR clearly too messed up just then to do it.

I feel no shame in putting this tale here as frankly? I think we have done "fat" to death.

Also, the Dairy Queen chick taking our money was hot. She had a nose ring too.

I don't think the kid is gonna like, pick up a chick in front of his mommy I need to abandon him in Bisbee with Uber money. LOL.

Anna

• Creative
Reactions: Eskie

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
So, just asking. 9 out of 10 people who I know they vape are overweight or at least have a little bit more of a bigger body, including me. However, smokers I know are much more slim, and don't have weight issues. ...
From a lot of articles on the effects & symptoms of quitting smoking THOUGHT I read that gaining weight is pretty common. Is this correct?

In April 2019 I was up to smoking 3 quarter pack per day, a couple weeks ago started vaping again & cut down to 2 to 5 cigarettes per day, and even though I was doing my usual sports I gained some fat & weight. Not entirely certain, but I think other things might have also contributed to the weight gain (vaping sometimes makes me feel sleepy so I've been TRYING to take naps!!).

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

YorkMan

Jul 17, 2019
New Orleans
This turned out to be a good thread!

I find the math of weight gain/loss to be quite interesting. If you eat an entire snickers bar at 215 Calories you might want to lace up your running shoes and go for a 2.15 mile run to burn it off. Walk, jog or run it’s about 100 Calories per mile. I usually run 3 miles every day and I don’t eat candy bars because of the math. I have considered bringing a device on my runs, maybe I’ll burn more!

Average human burns 1 Calorie per minute at rest, not very much in light of the food choices that surround us. A pound of body fat contains 3,500 Calories. That’s a long run.

Argh. Buzzkill.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nicotine is a mild stimulant. Reducing smoking or quitting completely can net you some weight gain.

However, most vapers are vaping nic and they don't have that problem.

Most smoking "quitters" including myself, when I tried to do it cold turkey, will also develop an uncontrollable urge to stuff crap in their mouths, including food.

When I quit for 18 months on some (Russian I believe it was but I was not willing to pay USA prices) nicotine gum, I did not gain weight. I also knitted feverishly. It was also hell the entire time.

Vaping is nothing like that.

Anna

LaZeR

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
USA & Canada
When I quit for 18 months on some (Russian I believe it was but I was not willing to pay USA prices) nicotine gum, I did not gain weight.
NicoGum is especially effective on airplanes ~ chewed up the Nicorette brand and now have the generic Walmart brand coz you save a few bucks :cool:
I also knitted feverishly. It was also hell the entire time. Vaping is nothing like that.
Been Dual Using for around 2 weeks, and except for an occasional run, workout, blindly staring at a computer screen, or watching TV, I feel extremely UN-productive, and yes HELLish. Maybe I should pick up knitting :unsure:

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
The knitting didn't really help, honestly other than I made something AMAZING. I can get pretty creative and like, I made this blanket of squares and then used felt and embroidery thread to deliberately kind of handmade sew things like "peace" "Love" and "memory on it, it was pretty crafty and then I backed it with the softest, most beautiful liner I could.

I had a friend whose mom was dying of lung cancer (former smoker) and she was expecting her first kid. I told her I was making a blanket for her mom, she had no idea what she was getting. She was like, reverent about it. It was rather awesome.

But the whole time I was making it, I was thinking "Perhaps this will bring me karma points for like, when I GET lung cancer after I return to smoking."

I suppose it was a distraction but NOTHING is a distraction for me. Growing a KID the whole time I was like, "Oh my god can I LOVE THIIS THING (LOL how little I knew) AND ALSO when may I SMOKE AGAIN?"

LOL I don't even bargain with myself about how old I have to be to return to smoking which I did with EVERY one of my prior quits. I'm just like.... I don't need to have sex I just need to be sure I can hide my vaping habit from the staff.

Oh hell, I will probably have sex, just not on the down low. Because whoever I have sex with is gonna have to have an STD panel. I believe I have mentioned this before.

That is okay, because I am going to be the hottest, foxiest great-grandmommy ever in the nursing home and like I will probably tell my son to place me there because I will have a better chance of getting laid (or so I hear, LOL.)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread