Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I always have the craziest vaping issues. All my tanks are mtl but I started getting very weird taste when l mtl that I don't get when I take restricted direct lung hits. It's working so i'm not interested in changing my thanks and just diluted my juice a little bit. This makes no sense to me.
If you’re getting a different taste when you pull smoke into your mouth with the same device than when you don’t the variable isn’t the device, it’s your mouth.
I would consider a visit to the dentist.

the wind

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 12, 2012
alabama
I always have the craziest vaping issues. All my tanks are mtl but I started getting very weird taste when l mtl that I don't get when I take restricted direct lung hits. It's working so i'm not interested in changing my thanks and just diluted my juice a little bit. This makes no sense to me.
just curios what tanks are you using,since I have nothing to add.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
It could also be your taste buds coming back if you have recently quit smoking. Takes some a few months to come back. Could just be you are tasting nuances in the juice that were not noticeable before.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

I switched to vaping with MTL setups. After vaping for a few months I went to DL. I'm still doing that after 6 years, though now it's a pretty restricted DL at around 16 watts. When I try MTL now it just isn't 'right' even with MTL setups, though when I smoked I was always happy with MTL inhales.

Things change, smoking isn't the same as vaping and I adapted.

Things change and that's OK with me. IMO, go with the flow and vape how you feel works best for you. Best of luck with it!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Taste, smell, ability to inhale more vapor all change as you continue vaping. I am still a MTL vaper for the most part but I'm able to tolerate (even enjoy) some lower resistance coils with more wattage, from time to time. It's not all the time, and I imagine I will pretty much always sit on that side of the fence.

But, what you are describing can be quite common. As long as you are still enjoying vaping, all should be well, etc.

Anna

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
I switched to vaping with MTL setups. After vaping for a few months I went to DL. I'm still doing that after 6 years, though now it's a pretty restricted DL at around 16 watts. When I try MTL now it just isn't 'right' even with MTL setups, though when I smoked I was always happy with MTL inhales.

Things change and that's OK with me. IMO, go with the flow and vape how you feel works best for you. Best of luck with it!

That's what I plan on. Overall it is still an enjoyable experience and I'm patient. Years ago when I last tried they didn't have the nic salts and I spent a fortune trying everything and nothing worked without me feeling like death so I'm happy that I found something I can work with multiple ways.

just curios what tanks are you using,since I have nothing to add.

I thought I answered this but can't find my answer. I am using the Zenith MTL with a 0.8 coil wide open.

It could also be your taste buds coming back if you have recently quit smoking. Takes some a few months to come back. Could just be you are tasting nuances in the juice that were not noticeable before.

Yes, I'm sure this is a big part of it. I smoked for over 30 years with very short breaks in between so my taste buds are going through a lot of changes.

I think this is also a big part of it. Back when I did vape for 8 months all they had was MTL, so that is all I really knew how to do. I found the lung hit this time when trying to bypass my tongue during the inhale and found I really like it better. I still can't see doing a full DTL with the wide tips and high wattage. The restricted seems to being doing well for me right now so I'll work with it and hopefully still be able to my current tanks. I'll have to get more 0.8 coils because I just got a pack of the 1.8s. Sigh.

Taste, smell, ability to inhale more vapor all change as you continue vaping. I am still a MTL vaper for the most part but I'm able to tolerate (even enjoy) some lower resistance coils with more wattage, from time to time. It's not all the time, and I imagine I will pretty much always sit on that side of the fence.

But, what you are describing can be quite common. As long as you are still enjoying vaping, all should be well, etc.

Anna

Thanks Anna, I have no plans on giving up. I found something that works, I just need to find how it works best for me. Overall I like the experience and I LOVE not smoking!

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
it could be the coil,since your at the mercy of the manufacture.

I should be getting a RTA tomorrow or Friday. I went with the doggystyle since it was cheap and I won't be out much. I never thought I'd even try to build my own coils so who knows if my hands can even handle it.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
I should be getting a RTA tomorrow or Friday. I went with the doggystyle since it was cheap and I won't be out much. I never thought I'd even try to build my own coils so who knows if my hands can even handle it.

You can buy premade coils that are pretty cheap. You might want to do that just so you have an easier option at first. I have gone all the way to unflavored liquid now. It tastes like a really clean smoke to me.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
It takes a while to figure this out when you first get started that's for sure. It's worth it at the end though so keep vaping on!

I agree. It is worth it. I'm still kind of giddy that I can even get the nic salts down my throat. Many years ago I had to quit after 8 months of vaping because I literally could not get the vape down my throat. My throat actually started seizing up in protest at the pain it would cause. The nic salts still give me a little bit of a fit on few occasions (admittedly completely me and not getting it down right), but for the most part I can have a completely comfortable vape. I'm absolutely thrilled!!

You can buy premade coils that are pretty cheap. You might want to do that just so you have an easier option at first. I have gone all the way to unflavored liquid now. It tastes like a really clean smoke to me.

I saw those. I'm trying to get my cost down as minimal as possible, but it is great to know that is an affordable option and for not much more than making my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread