Why didn't vaping come a decade or two earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Finally an internet cat picture I can get behind!

I've never seen a drunken cat, I am either guessing they get REALLY mean or really placid. It's okay, I don't need to find out for reals.

You know, some people ARE treating their pets so much like their children I am starting to wonder about like, medical MJ for pets. And by this I mean a NON medical MJ user being a "caregiver" for their pet with arthritis, kind of deal. Vets use tons of drugs like that were developed for humans. Etc.

I could see it. I don't count the pet owners who get their pets "high." But a LEGIT MM caregiver for a pet.

If it ever happens and you find out and don't tell me? I will be very, very sad. It's not the pet I care about so much (although if it HELPS, YAY) but this is societal phenomenon I would HAVE to witness.

Anna
That's actually a thing, to an extent. I don't know much about it though. When we first got our Husky he had terrible separation anxiety (we were his 4th home, the anxiety was through the roof). We gave him 1mg of CBD per 10lbs of body weight daily and it really helped calm him down. Now he has no need for it but it was borderline miraculous for those first few months. I just put it on a dog treat and he gobbled it up.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Dude, I wonder if that would work for our little dog who does the "shake wildly" during thunderstorms. I know it's some biological thing and we always bring him inside and whatever, but-- IDK probably would need the whole plant to induce calmness and then there is the whole paradoxical reaction thing. Plus for all I know it could be a felony.

I always feel so bad for him and like, wonder what he did during the many thunderstorms his two years wild in the desert. Like, hide under a cactus? I have NO doubt of that dog's ability to manage wildlife (including wild pigs and coyotes) but thunderstorms freak him RIGHT out.

Anna

Reactions: Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Dude, I wonder if that would work for our little dog who does the "shake wildly" during thunderstorms. I know it's some biological thing and we always bring him inside and whatever, but-- IDK probably would need the whole plant to induce calmness and then there is the whole paradoxical reaction thing. Plus for all I know it could be a felony.

I always feel so bad for him and like, wonder what he did during the many thunderstorms his two years wild in the desert. Like, hide under a cactus? I have NO doubt of that dog's ability to manage wildlife (including wild pigs and coyotes) but thunderstorms freak him RIGHT out.

Anna
Whoa, poor fella was a stray in the desert? What a trooper...yeah a lot of dogs are scared of thunder. Boomer (our last dog) was terrified of them and would go berzerk, running around and cowering in corners etc. Funny enough, Atty doesn't seem bothered by it.

It may be worth a shot to try some CBD but it would need to be a regular, daily dose to build up in his system and potentially help calm his nerves (as I understand it). Like, it took almost 2 weeks of daily doses before we noticed it helping Atty. I read somewhere that 1mg/10lbs is recommended so that's what we did. I would start there if you try it.

I would never, ever use whole plant unless under the guidance and recommendation by a vet and even then I'd personally be very skeptical and probably not do it. Because at that point it would be altering the dog's consciousness, and unless my dog learns to talk and says "I want to try that" I just wouldn't do it. But CBD I had no qualms about and it helped him so much. Like I say, he no longer needs it so we only use it in certain situations now. When I went out west for 2 weeks Chrissy gave him CBD to help him because he's so used to me being home with him every day. It did seem to help as he didn't destroy the house which was surprising TBH. Otherwise he's good now, but it was seriously amazing for those first few months and when we would forget to give it to him for a few days he would become noticeably more anxious and stressed out. I felt so bad for him but seeing him change and become a calm and relaxed and happy dog is one of the most touching things I've ever experienced. His days of uncertainty regarding homelife are over and his happiness is just a beautiful thing to behold.

There's a lot of bogus/poor quality CBD out there, so it's a big can of worms to find good product. FWIW I used Sunsoil which used to be called Green Mountain CBD. It has a good reputation and worked great for us. I wouldn't expect a major effect for your situation to be honest, but it may take some edge off.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yup, found in the desert, 2 years old. They were pretty sure he was out there the whole time. He was also not neutered. We've had him.... .about 14 years? We are JUST now KIND of getting him housetrained, LOL. The kid picked him.

That dog is smart as anything. Also, OMG, keep him away from baby quails. He apparently finds them to be the "delicacy of the desert," we were at my mom's and a bunch of quail eggs hatched-- they were so CUTE, this tiny PUFF of feathers and legs. He ate every last one he could find OMG the mommy quail called for DAYS!! It was awful in this terribly hilarious kind of way. Actually it did totally suck listening to mommy quail.

The husband uses MMJ for his broken neck. We have a dispensary we all use(d) etc., I suppose well, he would have to ask them. I don't have a card since the oral surgeries are all done.

Thunderstorms, he hates them.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Yup, found in the desert, 2 years old. They were pretty sure he was out there the whole time. He was also not neutered. We've had him.... .about 14 years? We are JUST now KIND of getting him housetrained, LOL. The kid picked him.

That dog is smart as anything. Also, OMG, keep him away from baby quails. He apparently finds them to be the "delicacy of the desert," we were at my mom's and a bunch of quail eggs hatched-- they were so CUTE, this tiny PUFF of feathers and legs. He ate every last one he could find OMG the mommy quail called for DAYS!! It was awful in this terribly hilarious kind of way. Actually it did totally suck listening to mommy quail.

The husband uses MMJ for his broken neck. We have a dispensary we all use(d) etc., I suppose well, he would have to ask them. I don't have a card since the oral surgeries are all done.

Thunderstorms, he hates them.

Anna
Found in desert, wildly difficult to housebreak, unusually intelligent, super hunting instinct.....Ummm... you real real sure it’s all dog? It might be some wild relative. Or possibly a cross. You wouldn’t be the first to make that error.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm pretty sure it's all dog although I guess you can't be certain? It looks like 1/2 chihuahua 1/2 Jack Russell. I think it's part alien to be honest (has the weird bulgy eyes) and well, it looks FAR less noble than a wolf or even its scruffy counterpart, the (still noble and also crafty) coyote. It would have to be like an INFINITESIMAL part, because that sucker doesn't even reach mid SHIN.

I think he just has good genes. The dog is ugly as sin, but my son knows a good dog when he sees one. Every rescue adopted or farmed out has been fantastic, temperament wise.

I will say, the dog was considerably more attractive than the like, dog the lady WANTED us to adopt which was half the size, trembling all over, and with that kind of fluffy and scraggly fur. We were both like, "Nu uh." She muttered under her breath, "He's a bitter it's your funeral."

The dog went for my kid's nose on the way out the door. The kid grabbed his gaping maw and said, "We don't bite in this house." That was that,

Looking BACK I should have had the kid catch the dog mid poop and.... LOL I'm not going there.

Anna

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
You could get a DNA test kit from Amazon if you're ever curious. We got one for Boomer some years ago, was 60 bucks and easy to use. Gave us all the breeds he had in him (major mutt, that one). No need to for Atty. He's obviously a husky. I get a laugh when people ask us what kind of dog he is :D

• Informative

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
You could get a DNA test kit from Amazon if you're ever curious. We got one for Boomer some years ago, was 60 bucks and easy to use. Gave us all the breeds he had in him (major mutt, that one). No need to for Atty. He's obviously a husky. I get a laugh when people ask us what kind of dog he is :D
And a tremendous opportunity for unhelpful smart remarks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread