Why do we love vaping so much??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
I loved smoking analogs...I really did. I loved smoking them for the way they made me feel though and the nicotine I got. You know how you get when you go a long time without an analog when you're hooked on them, your entire body just craves the nicotine. I can't really explain it to someone who's never been hooked on cigarettes but you guys know what I mean.

With vaping, I really just enjoy it. My body never gets that feeling that cigarettes gave me where my whole body begs for a smoke break. I pick up my PV and vape just because it's very enjoyable for me, and I don't know why. I would smoke cigarettes because I needed them, I had to have my fix...my body wouldn't let me function without it.

I'm just sort of rambling here, but I hope someone can chime in so I don't feel like an absolute nut case...:)

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
i definitely can agree with you there. it's a much less urgent craving, and i find i can actually postpone vaping if need be. if i had to go a while without a cigarette i would feel like the bravest little martyr ever. 3 hrs was my maximum no cigarette time.
those experiences in travel where i had to go up to 12 hrs without smoking have been blocked out in my memory as excruciating and dramatic.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
Ditto. I can forget to vape for many hours, but lord help whoever was near me if I didn't get a cigarette after 2 hours (tops). That said, I like to vape, a LOT. I like the flavours, I like the plumes, I like to sit and puff away while reading or watching, and I like the lack of ashtray smell on and in everything. It's all around enjoyable, nothing like the NEED from cigarettes.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Sometimes I think I should try and quit vaping since the nicotine "calling" isn't as intense, but I enjoy it too much to even contemplate it.

Maybe deep down I think I will go back to cigarettes, since every time I quit before even for a year I relapsed. Two years in November and no desire for a cig at all with vaping. Hate to mess with success.

phil71185

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2011
Middletown,Pa
Sometimes I think about reducing the nic but i don't know if i will ever quit vaping. Its just fun sitting there blowing vapor enjoying the flavor brings everything i enjoyed about cigars to me with none of the dirty ashy stinky mess. The nic hit is enjoyable as well but sometimes I intentionly order a lower nic than i am used to so i can chain vape and enjoy the flavor without over nicing. All depends on my mood.

I have always loved smoking. Other than through pregnancies, I have never really tried to quit. Until my oldest (Tallon, 6) told me that he wanted me to quit because cigarettes are very, very bad for you. That was it! I began researching cessation methods, and came across ecigs. I've been using a cheap brand until I was confident that through my research I had found the right brand. I have decided (thanks to the advice of others on here) to go with Volt from Smokeless Image. I will be ordering Friday, and I cannot wait!!!

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I loved smoking. I really did. I loved the ritual...the smoke cloud...the taste and of course the nicotine hit. I struggled with guilt knowing I ought to quit smoking, but I honestly didn't WANT to quit. I enjoyed it too much! At least for the most part. There were some aspects I didn't care for, but I ignored or was denial about those.

Surprise though: I love vaping far MORE!!! I really do! I absolutely LOVE VAPING!! I love the whole bit...everything "good" the cigarette offered plus it's far better all 'round. The pretty toys and their assorted features. The whole bit! I have discovered, thanks to vaping, that I really wasn't nearly as addicted to nicotine as I thought I was. It wasn't hard for me to drop down from 24 ..then 18...then all the way down to my current 5mg. with really no issues. And I get to keep my rituals!!! And the taste and the comfort of the clouds of "smoke"! All the good stuff...none of the bad stuff! And the taste of menthol is SOOOOOOO much better without that nasty tobacco undertone!

Vaping just brings me so much happiness and pleasure. It's amazing! And I've grown weirdly fond and possessive of some of my PVs...even naming many of them. Strange, I know. I've been vaping just over a year...and I still find myself feeling a jolt of pure joy at least once a day at how wonderful it all is!

Guess that is why I keep hanging around the forums still..even though I've found my "perfect set ups" and am no longer tempted by the new toys. I like to help people, for one thing. But mostly I like hanging around others who like vaping, too. I like being around people with whom I have something in common.

oxygen thief

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
It's not so much the vaping, it's charging batteries that gets me going. I'll have 9 mini ego's charging, turn off the lights and think--that one in socket 7a going be green first. HA! Right again! OK, 2b...rats, 4c. Nope, circuit breaker. Where are you going dear? To live with my mother!!! Oh, OK. 6d. AH HAHAHA!

WickedSick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2011
USA
I just love to have something to tinker with and to have it in my hand. Before I quit analoges it was my lighter now it is my ecig. But also vaping gives something more. It calms me down and sometimes when you are thinking about your problems while vaping the obvious answers came to mind quicker :D call me superstitious but I preffer going on with my way of decision making :D.

Mustang73064

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Mustang, OK
After 40 years of smoking it wasn't the cigarette that I was missing when I tried to quit other ways but the actual physical need to have something in my hand and puffing on something. With 100s of flavors to try and getting my nicotine fix at the same time I am cured from cigarettes. I now vape anything time I feel like it with no guilt, wish I started years ago.

recidivus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Canada
www.youtube.com
It's not so much the vaping, it's charging batteries that gets me going. I'll have 9 mini ego's charging, turn off the lights and think--that one in socket 7a going be green first. HA! Right again! OK, 2b...rats, 4c. Nope, circuit breaker. Where are you going dear? To live with my mother!!! Oh, OK. 6d. AH HAHAHA!

Get a live stream going, I have 50$ on 1a!

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
OH! I love vaping because it gives me the feeling of smoking without the harmful stuff.

That's it, you nailed it. And because of the hundreds and hundreds of flavors, vaping has so much more variety than smoking, it's much more interesting. It soon becomes it's own unique experience, not just a replacement for smoking.

I started with a Volt almost 7 wks ago, haven't picked up an analog since. Still love my Volt, I think you'll be very pleased with it. If you haven't already, be sure to check out the Smokeless Image forum, lots of nice, helpful folks there. Good luck!

tracilynnie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2012
NY
For me its the fact that we don't stink anymore.. We still have friends who smoke and the smell is awful, I dunno how we ever lived like that.. My fiance says its an 'oral fixation' that kept us addicted to real cigs and is how we were able to successfully quit those and move on the healthier and much better smelling ecgis. I think he's partly right because there are times where I hold the thing up to my mouth and just tap my drip tip against my lips while thinking or watching tv.. I'm not even always vaping but somehow it satisfies the urge or something LOL

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
For me its the fact that we don't stink anymore.. We still have friends who smoke and the smell is awful, I dunno how we ever lived like that.. My fiance says its an 'oral fixation' that kept us addicted to real cigs and is how we were able to successfully quit those and move on the healthier and much better smelling ecgis. I think he's partly right because there are times where I hold the thing up to my mouth and just tap my drip tip against my lips while thinking or watching tv.. I'm not even always vaping but somehow it satisfies the urge or something LOL

I agree with your fiance! The oral fixation thing had (has) a far stronger hold on me than the nicotine ever did. Not that nicotine didn't have it's hold, of course. But the hand to mouth habit was/is far stronger...along with the other rituals and habits that go along with smoking. And I do the same thing...tap the e-cig against my mouth while thinking or reading or watching TV. It's just second nature!

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
3 days after quitting, you are no longer physically addicted to the nicotine,,,,,,,,

the emotional/hand to mouth takes much much longer,,,,,,,

my mother quit 27 years ago,,,,,,,,,she still wants one.

I quit for 5 years once,,,,,,,I still wanted one.

With my PV, I don't want one,,,,,,,,I vape 6 mgs quite often, and frankly, I could go 0 without any issues,,,,,,,,

it's the hand to mouth for me.

That said,,,,,,there are people who are truly addicted much stronger than I ever was to the nic itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread