Why the KR808D-1 instead of other models...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
Thought I would start us off with something I posted in the Vapor4Life Subforum - reasons why a newbie to vaping should chose the two piece cartomizer model verses other popular devices. My experience:

1. Verses 510s = equal throat hit, equal warmth, bigger battery, more consistent vapor for longer

2. Verses 801 = warmer throat hit, battery lasts as long, cartomizers seem to hold as much juice w/o leaking all over the danged place

3. Verses 901 = equal flavor, samed size battery but it seems to last longer for some reason (I believe it is Steve's magic potion or something), and cartomizers last way longer than the carts

4. Lady pipe = same exact response as the 801, except the battery lasts longer (which makes sense since the attys and carts are pretty much the same as the 801)

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
I was ready to order a mod - I was wanting to do SOMETHING to make the 510 work like I thought it should. Thankfully, I saw a few posts from Phoenix and Sym, and decided to take a look at the V4L forum to see what the fuss was all about! I saw, and have been smilin ever since! I owe ya Phoenix! ;) And Fisherpals famous "bra" video didn't hurt! I almost wet myself because that was ME! lol

AZAndy

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2009
Prescott, Arizona, USA
3. Verses 901 = equal flavor, samed size battery but it seems to last longer for some reason (I believe it is Steve's magic potion or something), and cartomizers last way longer than the carts

I don't think that's Steve, godly though he may be, it's more likely a characteristic of a more efficient method of heating. Just one slender wire in the center of a well-wicked web of well-soaked batting beats the heck out of having the juice suspended in a poorly-wicked material above an underpowered hot-plate element. That's why folks who use three-piecers like battery mods so much; it's the only way you can get enough heat to make such an inefficient system work well. Or sort-of well, anyway.

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
This is awesome! Finally a sub-forum for this great ecig!! Not much to add at the moment that Phoenix and JenJen and others haven't already said. This ecig kept me vaping when I was ready to throw in the towel after the penstyle, M401 and the infamous (to me) 510. For ease of use, great throat hit and flavor ... this one cannot be beat!!
Looking forward to seeing many great posts here!

Thank you, Mod-Gods!! Our own sub-forum in which to extol the virtues of the KR808!! Thanks to helpful tips from my fellow KR fans I am now accomplished at dripping into BOTH ends of my cart -- even fearlessly dispensing into the BATTERY end!! The KR808 rocks. I'm still searching for the "it" cart, though leaning really heavily toward Marlboro Menthol. When I drain my carts I inevitably fill with Drew's juice, which I got pretty spoiled on after vaping my 510 for months. However, it'd be nice to have laid in a good stash of carts that I really love straight outta the box. So far, I love most of them better after a refill.

But the all-day characteristics of it just rock my socks off. What a departure from the 510 fiddling.

PhoenixRising

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2009
Concord, NC USA
I don't think that's Steve, godly though he may be, it's more likely a characteristic of a more efficient method of heating. Just one slender wire in the center of a well-wicked web of well-soaked batting beats the heck out of having the juice suspended in a poorly-wicked material above an underpowered hot-plate element. That's why folks who use three-piecers like battery mods so much; it's the only way you can get enough heat to make such an inefficient system work well. Or sort-of well, anyway.

I agree with you, though at the time I posted the original thread I had no concept of any of this so I joked about Steve's wizardry. I probably should have checked the original a little closer before posting. Thanks for pointing this out!

vapn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2009
UK
I have found the best way to use these if you want to try your own juices is to go with the blank ones out of the box. I get mine from Cigeasy.com and they are only 7.95 for 5 ..... When you put your juice in these it is the best taste you will ever find. I LOVE the blank ones. When I try to re fill those pre filled ones the flavor gets distorted and never tastes right. But these blanks come absolutely dry and no primer fluid to get in the way either.

Hope this helps you guys save a dollar a piece on your cartos...

Cola

Oct 20, 2009
After doing enough research to make my eyes bleed and a few weeks experience with a VK, here's how I see it:

This is what you want for the best combination of flavor, vapor, portability and ease of use. Right now I couldn't recommend anything else to someone just getting started. It's great for anyone who is on the fence about the whole vaping thing.

But ultimately I suspect that I'm going to end up using two models. I'll stick with this for on the go and other times that I need something solid and easy, then likely use a 510 protege for dripping around the house. Still, I'm sure that if I had to pick one it would be the KR808 for maximum versatility.

Something about wanting to support a US based product may be a factor for me in wanting two models here as well.

kc0cmp

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2009
Harlingen TX. USA
Thought I would start us off with something I posted in the Vapor4Life Subforum - reasons why a newbie to vaping should chose the two piece cartomizer model verses other popular devices. My experience:

1. Verses 510s = equal throat hit, equal warmth, bigger battery, more consistent vapor for longer

2. Verses 801 = warmer throat hit, battery lasts as long, cartomizers seem to hold as much juice w/o leaking all over the danged place

4. Lady pipe = same exact response as the 801, except the battery lasts longer (which makes sense since the attys and carts are pretty much the same as the 801)

Greencig = no throat hit and the chocolate tastes like plastic lol.

definately KR808D-1 FTW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread