Why We Should Drop The Term “E-Cigarettes”

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's public relations. And the antz crowd certainly uses it, so why shouldn't we? The more responsible statements we can get in the media by trusted figures the better. That means no Tommy vape's representing vapers.

Time will reveal the truth. I'm betting that the health of vapers who no longer smoke will prove over time that vaping is a benign activity. It's certainly better for your health than walking around downtown breathing bus and car fumes.

One thing against vaping is that it LOOKS like smoking to those at a distance. We all know that recreating the act of smoking without the harm is a wonderful thing for those of us who needed the hand to mouth part of smoking to switch over. Those little Nicorette Lozenges just made me want to go outside and smoke.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Waiting for time to reveal the truth might well be too long. The more mainstream acceptable it becomes particularly in the medical community the higher likelihood of acceptance.

What would be the biggest help is staying on point that this is not a BT product (yes, I know about Blu and Vuse but those are cigalikes not vaping, a stretch as best) and BT isn't involved in the research behind the industry. They have zero credibility with the public and any way to disassociate from them will be better in obtaining a better public image.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
This dead horse has been beat to death many times on this site.
I choose to call them APV's when people ask me about my gear that know the term e cig but know next to nothing else about vaping. They can easily understand Advanced Personal Vaporizers. Most who ask know someone who smokes, family or friends or both, that they'd like to see stop using tobacco products. So I take the time to answer all their questions and give them resources to find out more to pass on to those they know that smoke. APV's is my choice, YMMV.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
yeah, Electronic Nicotine Delivery Systems (ENDS) - sounds a bit pessimistic to me
Eventually someone will come up with an appropriate term for e-cigarettes.
P.E.N.I.S. is an alternative. :)

(Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalant System)

So, Ladies, you’re holding a P.E.N.I.S. whether you like it or not.

Men… you’re obviously carrying two. Imagine the possibilities!

Now, either sex can safely say “Would you like to see my P.E.N.I.S.” or “May I see your P.E.N.I.S. in the form of a valid question (at your own risk, of course!).

You’re welcome!

Last edited:

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
P.E.N.I.S. is an alternative. :)

(Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalant System)

So, Ladies, you’re holding a P.E.N.I.S. whether you like it or not.

Men… you’re obviously carrying two. Imagine the possibilities!

Now, either sex can safely say “Would you like to see my P.E.N.I.S.” or “May I see your P.E.N.I.S. in the form of a valid question (at your own risk, of course!).

You’re welcome!
The sale of stacked mech tubes will skyrocket so some guys can finally claim to have a big one

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The sale of stacked mech tubes will skyrocket so some guys can finally claim to have a big one
Literally brings new meaning to the phrase... "Is that your vape in your pocket or are you just excited to see me?"

images
Ribbed for her pleasure.

Last edited:

F-machine

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2018
Trapped in Asia
That kinda went off road did it? :vapor: Anyways, you can't really separate the two. I know most people will disagree. But ask anyone here why they vape? Is it safe to say we all started from analogs? From a users perspective, I want vape to die with this generation of vapers who went from analog to vape. I know from a business perspective, they want to grow this and replace tobacco for as long as they can, maybe a reason to make a name change.

Reactions: smacuser

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
That kinda went off road did it? :vapor: Anyways, you can't really separate the two. I know most people will disagree. But ask anyone here why they vape? Is it safe to say we all started from analogs? From a users perspective, I want vape to die with this generation of vapers who went from analog to vape. I know from a business perspective, they want to grow this and replace tobacco for as long as they can, maybe a reason to make a name change.

I agreed with you until you said I want vape to die with this generation of vapers. Is that what you really meant to say, or did you mean you want the term "e-cigarette" to die?

When e-cigs first came out, hardly anyone knew what personal vaporizers or vape were. I think we have reached a point in time that the terms ecigs and vape are synonomous even with the general public.

Zazie

ECF Guru? No!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2018
Maine, USA
Literally brings new meaning to the phrase... "Is that your vape in your pocket or are you just excited to see me?"

images
Ribbed for her pleasure.

Puts a whole new spin on the notion of penis envy, too (a condition from which many suffer, especially in the Shinyitis Support Group thread).

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
We could use the official government label ENDS but that sounds sorta like the end which isn't a positive fuzzy happy phrase. Unless at the end of a tortuously boring story.

I always call it my vape. Not one person (well, maybe one) has ever not known what that is.

Hussar has an RDA called 'The End'.. it would make me feel far warmer and fuzzier if it didn't cost over 300 dollars. ..

Lol. .

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
The above IS what the other threads were also about. Discussion and explanations about the ECF name were only a small part of those threads.

We need a 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt' sign for these threads..

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
There was a time, which lasted for decades, when in the UK at least, everyone called a vacuum cleaner a "Hoover". I suspect something like this will happen to whatever we'll be using to vape with in the future eventually. Although i hope it will come about because of something radical being produced by the industry which may become a universally recognised device.

I think the term "e-cig" came about because of what was initially made available by the industry which was the cig-a-like.

So some new revolutionary hardware may well bring about the change which vapers want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread