Just curious... Why "e-cigarette" in the title?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcoopercam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Cigarettes have nothing to do with vaping, so what were you thinking? Using the term "e-cigarette" may be causing more harm to vaping than any one leftwing politician in Washington DC ever could.

Please support the vaping community by editing the title of this forum.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Think of the target audience. AT the time this forum was started how else to get the attention of smokers? If the word 'Vaping' had been used in its place no one (at that time) would have known what it was and ECF would not be the worlds leader today.

You have been here since 2009. You have to know this has been discussed ad nauseam.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
58a.jpg

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Did the term e-check destroy the online banking community?

The majority of us are recovered smokers. 'Cigarette' shouldn't be a cuss words.
So true, I don't think less of smoker's just because I'm not one now.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
So true, I don't think less of smoker's just because I'm not one now.

I do. I like to puff myself up with all sort of false comparisons and judgements so as to build up my self confidence. It's a fragile thing to begin with and can use all it can to strengthen itself. It's a house built on sand but I'll take what I can get.

• Love
Reactions: Letitia

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
I do. I like to puff myself up with all sort of false comparisons and judgements so as to build up my self confidence. It's a fragile thing to begin with and can use all it can to strengthen itself. It's a house built on sand but I'll take what I can get.
Treat time. Thanks

optsmk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2009
Pleasanton, Ca.
I suppose it might be better to change it some something like vaping forum instead of e-cigarette forum. But this site was created a long time ago back in the 2000's. That's just what everyone called it back then. Although I still don't think it will change much to change the name. The word is out to politicians that vaping kills. (Even though we all know it doesn't.) But it's out there now and it will never change no matter what anyone says or does. Once the FDA started burning vape products instead of vaping vape products. They were able to prove that vape products emit cancer causing carcinogens. So, even though it's total BS, nothing can change it now.

I wonder when the ban on automobiles will come. There has never been, nor will there ever be an automobile made that can claim it's 100% carcinogen free. Unless of course they lie. And that's a very big possibility. Then comes kitchen appliances, then BBQ's, then campfires. The list goes on and on.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
The word is out to politicians that vaping kills. (Even though we all know it doesn't.) But it's out there now and it will never change no matter what anyone says or does.

If only stupidity killed, instantly. Then again that would leave Washington DC, most state capitols, and many local governments completely empty. Not sure if that would be bad thing or not.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I really doubt that the name of the forum is going to destroy the e-cigarette/vaping industry. The two terms are interchangeable, and ECF comes up very high on searches for vaping, I really exceptionally doubt that the owner of this forum would enjoy doing that all over again. Especially since not only would it take time and effort it would slow traffic to a site that helps smokers quit smoking.

I actually prefer the term "E-cig" over vaping, personally. I find it to be more friendly, it's actually called that, although vaping is a legitimate alternative, there is this thing called "synonym."

If you think changing the forum name will halt the, ah, political "progress" or "witch hunt" toward vaping, I fear for your safety and wellbeing, because that is kind of a naiive idea.

Also, if ECF has THAT kind of power, I'm moving to England and buying out the site owner. Okay, so I have to sell a kidney to do it?????? Still worth it, I would love to wield the socioeconomic power and status.

I jest. I would actually hate to have that kind of power and would be just as likely to misuse it as every other politician in existence or so it seems to me.

You either want "influence" or you don't. I actually don't. But I'm voting "downtwinkles" to your effort.

You must watch the downtwinkles video for an example of "excellent activism" if you have not!!!!!!

This video withstands all tests of time and is a lesson for the earnest everywhere. I can't stop laughing every time I watch it!!!

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@ScottP - Could you maybe give a little warning disclaimer next time, or find a cartoon sort of pic of a dead horse that doesn't need beating? As a horse lover and owner for more than 35 years, scrolling down and unexpectedly seeing that real one all of a sudden, really turned my stomach. :blink:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
@ScottP - Could you maybe give a little warning disclaimer next time, or find a cartoon sort of pic of a dead horse that doesn't need beating? As a horse lover and owner for more than 35 years, scrolling down and unexpectedly seeing that real one all of a sudden, really turned my stomach. :blink:

Apologies. It was just the best one that turned up in a search. I didn't make it.

listopencil

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2017
In Partibus Infidelium
The main interest of this board seems to be how vaping replaces smoking. To a lesser extent tobacco in general, but primarily smoking. Although there are other ways to smoke (cigars, pipes, etc.) cigarettes seem to be the most widely used smoking devices. I think it would hinder the efforts of people who are trying to switch to pretend otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread