Windows 7 is resizing the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cielo

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Florida
It sounds like its your browser or perhaps you have a new monitor with a better resolution. Thats pretty normal for there to be a background behind the forums or other sites. Make sure your page is not maximized and you can grab the corner to make the browser screen smaller. Most websites are designed to be positioned relative which means the site will not be left justified but centered in the middle depending on which browser is being used.

xdunlapx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2010
Ohio, USA
Damn Microsoft! Always hosing stuff up!

I have Windows 7 Ultimate ( I like XP better anyway) When I go to this site there is a grey blank space on each side of the pages about two inches wide. Other sites are doing it too.

Anyone know how to fix this mess?

Thanks

:)

It's your browser doing that because it was told to do so. I have a 1440x900 widescreen laptop. If my browser is open all the way (maximized) it shows the actual forum in the middle with gray on either side. THat's the CSS in the HTML coding that tells the browser to do that. It is NOT windows 7 doing it on it's own. I have windows 7 and have used this forum in XP and Vista and the browser did it the same on each OS.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Damn Microsoft! Always hosing stuff up!

I have Windows 7 Ultimate ( I like XP better anyway) When I go to this site there is a grey blank space on each side of the pages about two inches wide. Other sites are doing it too.

Anyone know how to fix this mess?

Thanks

:)
Sounds like your display settings either in your video or on your monitor. I have windows 7 ultimate on 2 of my pc's and I don't have a problem. What browser and version are you using? I love 7 and xp Oh ya I got mine on a 37in. lcd hi def tv I'm using for monitor.

Last edited:

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
you can also right click on the desktop, then click resolution, and set your resolution to 1024 x 768 then click apply then ok and you will have the whole wide screen. make sure the orientation is landscape. Thats the setting I have on both pcs . I use IE8 and sometimes google chrome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread